Sandra Chevrier

General art-related discussion.
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:59 pm

IWish wrote:Good for your wife. I also have a sense of humor, but prefer not to use extreme vulgarity.

Chevrier was getting an undeserved beatdown, here. I find it curious that other artists have made the same complaint, (or worse), and received nowhere near the level of post/comments that were made in this thread.
IWish wrote:You know what I said is the truth.
Yeah but it's not the truth. See: Doyle, OCE, MBW, and pretty much any artist that Babbs hyped. I'm sure there are others from the past whom I wasn't around to see. In the traditional sense, perhaps this board should've gone easy on Chevrier cuz she's a woman. But that'd be sexist. Look I respect you Sue, and my mama raised me to respect women by default. But she also taught me to view people on their individual merit, regardless of gender.
IWish
Art Expert

Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:13 pm

Diabolos80 wrote:Yeah but it's not the truth. See: Doyle, OCE, MBW, and pretty much any artist that Babbs hyped. I'm sure there are others from the past whom I wasn't around to see. In the traditional sense, perhaps this board should've gone easy on Chevrier cuz she's a woman. But that'd be sexist. Look I respect you Sue, and my mama raised me to respect women by default. But she also taught me to view people on their individual merit, regardless of gender.
You got a problem with her, FINE. My point is...do it without resorting to vulgarity. I don't recall anyone stooping to that level in the threads that you mentioned.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:19 pm

JFC, all kinds of artists take it on the chin here. Those who throw a public fit are gonna take more. Not that there isn't mysongeny and sexism present here but she gets negative marks from me for being so self righteous, not for being female. Many artists that people pile on to don't have that kind of attitude or if they do, they don't make it publicly known on social media. Hell Retna and Choe have taken more fudge on this board for their treatment of women than Sandra has for anything ever. If you don't know that its because you aren't paying attention.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
IWish
Art Expert

Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:39 pm

IWish wrote:You got a problem with her, FINE. My point is...do it without resorting to vulgarity.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:01 pm

IWish wrote:
IWish wrote:You got a problem with her, FINE. My point is...do it without resorting to vulgarity.
Sure but don't pretend that was your only point. You went on about her being singled out compared to other artists which is what I was responding to.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
IWish
Art Expert

Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:18 pm

I'm not pretending. What I said still stands, but I can't continue with that side of my argument without getting into more specifics...naming names, etc. and I refuse to do that.

Through my bag sales, I get the opportunity to talk to other women who belong to this forum. More often than not they make comment about the fudge that gets posted here and they don't want to participate.
lujborg
Art Expert

Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:41 pm

Diabolos80 wrote: See: Doyle, OCE, MBW, and pretty much any artist that Babbs hyped.
Dude you have gone off the rails :lol:

and i don't mean COCAINE
I'm here for the oil palm breeding (international society member, since 2003)
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:58 pm

lujborg wrote:
Diabolos80 wrote: See: Doyle, OCE, MBW, and pretty much any artist that Babbs hyped.

and i don't mean COCAINE
Not really.
lujborg
Art Expert

Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:02 pm

Diabolos80 wrote:
lujborg wrote:

and i don't mean COCAINE
Not really.

Find me a thread/post where Babbs was hyping OCE or Doyle and i'll eat crow :lol:
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:05 pm

lujborg wrote:
Diabolos80 wrote:
lujborg wrote:

and i don't mean COCAINE
Not really.

Find me a thread/post where Babbs was hyping OCE or Doyle and i'll eat crow :lol:
You misread I think. Doyle, etc., in addition to Babbs' idols.
lujborg
Art Expert

Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:10 pm

Diabolos80 wrote: You misread I think. Doyle, etc., in addition to Babbs' idols.

It's saturday. I just woke up. drymount off :lol: :pint:
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:47 pm

lujborg wrote:
Diabolos80 wrote: You misread I think. Doyle, etc., in addition to Babbs' idols.

Sounds like you need some cocaine :lol:
shoeless
Art Expert

Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:50 pm

Diabolos80 wrote:
lujborg wrote:

Sounds like you need some more cocaine :lol:
ftfy
LadyGanglia
Art Connoisseur

Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:40 pm

shoeless wrote:
Diabolos80 wrote: Sounds like you need some more cocaine :lol:
ftfy
LadyGanglia wrote: Image
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:00 pm

Dr. Rockso! Finally, we're getting back on track.