Sandra Chevrier

General art-related discussion.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:38 pm

Oof.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
tranito
Art Expert

Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:37 pm

papaver wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:05 pm
the new price point has def slowed down the few second sellouts.
Is it really? La Cage et L'Acte de Foi has been released in 09/2021 at the same price point of 595 GBP for the 1st edition..
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
bohemian
Art Enthusiast

Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:44 pm

Yes, correct , This is a stunning image of Marilyn Monroe And I think one of Sandras best prints
Same price as her last print 595 GBP and smaller edition to boot Ed of 195,as compared to L’ acte de foi Edition of 225
History shows Marilyn images do very well in artworks… congrats to all that scored today :clap:
tranito
Art Expert

Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:58 pm

I think it's a strong image too. I like the vintage look. I especially appreciate the approach they had on the variant by printing the colors on top of the gold leaf. Gold leaf is usually applied on top of the printing by most artists who use it. Don't recall seeing something quite like this. Didn't go for it, but I wouldn't mind pursuing it down the road if the right trade came up. Not sure why they went half giclee, half screen printing on it though. They make 20+ screens on their prints all the time and at the price they sell these, it doesn't add up for it to be a price cutting thing. :?
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
papaver
Tech Team Member

Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:18 am

soupysound wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:26 pm
Arterre wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:35 pm
They went quick
narrator's voice: they didn't

2 min to sellout ... anyone who wanted one could have bought either edition. price point and image hurt this release. GP even cutting corners now with giclee base to reduce # of screens.
wouldn't call it cutting corners. they have been using that style for martins work for quite a while now.

marilyns image always does well on secondary. the only brainwash i will even consider buying.
papaver
Tech Team Member

Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:26 am

tranito wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:37 pm
papaver wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:05 pm
the new price point has def slowed down the few second sellouts.
Is it really? La Cage et L'Acte de Foi has been released in 09/2021 at the same price point of 595 GBP for the 1st edition..
sanda's used to sell at half that price a little over a year ago, and that was the norm. this is almost double in price now. most likely also why it was no longer a lottery like the last one. cause he knew it wouldn't be instantly botted.

but 2m still isn't horrible. back to findac levels... honestly better than the catastrophe that was pez last time.
Arterre
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:45 pm

https://expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/58738
Giclee and gold leaf under silkscreen ? cool ! , layering is nothing new , and can make better images...

This $5 flea market Rauschenburg find of mine has everything ...
An edition of both fixed and variable elements. The fixed elements consist of the screenprinting and embossing. The variables are the offset lithograph printing, the collage, and the pochoir ( stencils). The artist supervised the production of all photo offset lithograph plates and the variations including collaged magazine images into the prints , Each print is very different