Sandra Chevrier

General art-related discussion.
Noah0189
Art Expert

Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:11 pm

ClaytonHopper wrote:^this.

And I unfollowed her for that reason. The never ending pictures of her made me think vanity may be her favorite sin.
plenty of Gucci, Louis Vuitton, and Chanel purse/clothing pictures too.

She rubbed me the wrong way when she and Jean-Pascal got all pissy with Raid71 and Bottleneck over his Stan Lee piece.
acidburn wrote:...Was one of those bootleg Spidermans that looked like a luchador and showed my excuse for a bulge.
aibohphobia
Art Expert

Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:29 pm

Kinda surprised. At this point it seems people have more of a personal problem with her rather than the art. I guess that is good for us who still want pieces later on!

I understand why people think the work is "stale". I think she is branching out though. She is using new portraits, trying out text based pieces, doing larger shapes, murals, and always using new comics. In all fairness though Les Cages is what put her into the spotlight. From 2012 to 2106 she will have had at least 6 solo / due shows all of which have and will sell out. The last time I talked to her in LA she said she has 6 offers for Solo shows here before deciding on Thinkspace so there is clearly still demand.

Also, she is married. Is it so far fetched that her husband watches their child while she spends time with friends? I doubt little Timmy is at home crying himself to sleep in the dark. I'm a new parent myself but it seems completely normal for a person to have a social life.
Image _ Image
technique
Art Expert

Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:51 pm

aibohphobia wrote:Kinda surprised. At this point it seems people have more of a personal problem with her rather than the art. I guess that is good for us who still want pieces later on!

I understand why people think the work is "stale". I think she is branching out though. She is using new portraits, trying out text based pieces, doing larger shapes, murals, and always using new comics. In all fairness though Les Cages is what put her into the spotlight. From 2012 to 2106 she will have had at least 6 solo / due shows all of which have and will sell out. The last time I talked to her in LA she said she has 6 offers for Solo shows here before deciding on Thinkspace so there is clearly still demand.

Also, she is married. Is it so far fetched that her husband watches their child while she spends time with friends? I doubt little Timmy is at home crying himself to sleep in the dark. I'm a new parent myself but it seems completely normal for a person to have a social life.
Seems pretty unfair to bash her personally when someone like Cope2 skates by with the unbelievable garbage he spews on his social media.daily. Not to mention his same tired bubble letters are the defenition of stale.
acidburn
Art Daddy

Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:53 pm

technique wrote:
aibohphobia wrote:Kinda surprised. At this point it seems people have more of a personal problem with her rather than the art. I guess that is good for us who still want pieces later on!

Seems pretty unfair to bash her personally when someone like Cope2 skates by with the unbelievable garbage he spews on his social media.daily. Not to mention his same tired bubble letters are the defenition of stale.
dont think he skates by at all. The damage is done there.
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:10 pm

Refining my statement: I don't know nuthin bout her social life aside from what somebody else said about her partying on Instagram. My bad for the snap judgment. Also, I assumed she was divorced. My bad again.
ApeironCreative
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:21 pm

jjbehren wrote:
Side note: probably the most annoying artist to follow on IG. She posts so many pictures of herself.
I followed her for a week and I realized that half my feed (Im a exaggerating a little :P ) was constant pictures of herself again and again and had to unfollow promptly.
Custom framing in the Greater Vancouver area - http://www.ApeironCreative.ca
Ifightfortheusers
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:14 pm

Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:47 am

EB: Where people follow someone on INSTAGRAM and complain about too many pictures of that person on their own INSTAGRAM, an app designed to share pictures.
jkw3000
EB Team

Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:48 am

This got real personal, real fast.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
alittle
Art Freak

Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:49 am

I've never followed this bish but she can't possibly be more annoying to follow than Murakami or Frank Kozik, can she?
666ways2love
Art Connoisseur

Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:53 am

awww, you don't like Frank's vacation photos? I think they're great. He always manages to take pictures of weird crap no one else would notice. Although, I am disappointed in the lack of cat photos.

sorry. back on topic.
Scottjohnston
Art Expert

Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:38 pm

Her feed if totally fine, and she's a great person, like in real life! Anyone who makes assumptions to the contrary, solely based her IG feed, should really get a life! Unless it's Retna :-P
technique
Art Expert

Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:12 pm

jkw3000 wrote:This got real personal, real fast.
It also got real disturbing real fast with a member calling her the c word and alluding to her being a bitch just a few post up. I think the problem isn't so much her work but a trend i've noticed of members being as vulgar as they can toward female artists on here and other art sites. It makes me wonder how they act towards women in their life to be honest...don't like her art fine but i'd say some have personal issues with women in general perhaps?
TKuczynski
Art Expert

Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:14 pm

Sounds like you bought the Jump to Conclusions expansion pack
alittle
Art Freak

Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:26 pm

Would totally smash her endcap.