HeroComplex Mystery Tube

General art-related discussion.
DonPiano
Art Expert

Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:12 pm

SenseiMonkeyboy1 wrote:This is how to destroy a print properly
It bears repeating, but I think this is how you destroy a print properly: http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... 27&t=68354
The Curb

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group

Hotdogs are not sandwiches.

Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.
RadioactiveToy
Art Connoisseur

Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:14 pm

That really was a great thread for destruction..
JohnMcLame
New User

Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:27 pm

Its sad what this site has become; overrun with a bunch of petulant "people" who have never created anything, making themselves feel better about their existence by bashing and disrespecting those who do create (good or bad). It's become a vile, angry place where people facelessly and cowardly try to tear apart others. What was once a place for artists and art lovers to come together and share their opinions has become a place of ugliness and mean-spiritedness. It is now a place for putrid trolls.
borntobewildtregger
Art Connoisseur

Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:55 am

haha. if you guys burn it, please make sure you post the video, I want to see how that certain type of paper reacts to the flame. as far as what mr. ALLBLOODY has to say about me being a "ripp off artist" or a "thief" , that situation had me bent over backwards and he got a bunch of free stuff from me over and over again by blackmailing me with "callout threads" because he got the wrong "numbers" on his aps. he got his art and I never heard another word from him. the saying goes "the customer is always right", well that's if you are WALMART. I am NOT walmart. I am an artist and the customer is NOT always right, especially when they threaten call out threads anytime something is wrong and it takes a bit of time to fix the mistake. I'm only one dude now and I'm not a business man. Im an artist. and I'm doing the best I can. so BURN THAT BABY. so since ALLBLOODY was being that way, I decided to put him to the BACK of my priority list on purpose because I had AWESOME PAYING CUSTOMERS who weren't threatening me and sending me messages about how I am a terrible human being because he didn't get the right number on his print... when I sent him his print, (his free print with a free remarque) it had a nice little picture of gizmo flipping the bird. he must have liked it because the emails quit. whatever I did to this guy that wants to burn the print, that's his problem not mine,(mainly because he never ASKED me for anything or wanted me to know why he was mad...) unless you are doing it to be funny, it doesn't matter to me, I did the work, it's just a print, a lot of people really like it, and it was a good seller, so I'm not worried. :) but I have to say, if I did something wrong, just privately email me and if I agree I messed up, I will make it right. When I sell my ap's, I also do CUSTOM REMARQUES and personal doodle sketches on them, THIS TAKES TIME. so if you want one of my prints shipped fast, then order from the gallery and support them, if you order from me, and want custom work with your print, it's gonna take a little while for me to complete this and I try to make it worth it to the customer. thanks everyone for your support and bringing attention to my Journey of the mystics print, I appreciate any exposure I can get, I do think there is a few for sale thru the hero complex gallery yet, so for fast shipping, order from there. :)
here's a link to the print...
http://www.herocomplexgallery.com/search?q=mark+lone
-Mark
Last edited by borntobewildtregger on Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
lsmith55
Art Expert

Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:58 am

Still no shipping notification. Sent them two emails to their shipping dept. and still no responses?
Image Don't try it, you drymount.
SenseiMonkeyboy1
Art Expert

Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:21 pm

lsmith55 wrote:Still no shipping notification. Sent them two emails to their shipping dept. and still no responses?
No shipping notice here either... have gone from Yeh! Possibly metals and such shipping at the end to hmmmmmmm anything shipping?
jjdungca
Art Expert

Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:24 pm

SenseiMonkeyboy1 wrote:
lsmith55 wrote:Still no shipping notification. Sent them two emails to their shipping dept. and still no responses?
No shipping notice here either... have gone from Yeh! Possibly metals and such shipping at the end to hmmmmmmm anything shipping?
No shipping notification here either. I am still being positive about getting a metal. :D
ImageImageImage
bigmclargehuge1
Art Expert

Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:42 pm

jjdungca wrote:No shipping notification here either. I am still being positive about getting a metal. :D
borntobewildtregger
Art Connoisseur

Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:46 pm

Sorry, but that's the point. Not trying to offend HCG by any means (I own plenty of prints they've released after all), I just don't have a Lone print at my disposal to destroy. It'll amuse me to be rude to an artist that deserves it many times over.[/quote] - Ctg9095

Ctg9095 I thought you HAD a few of my prints? you bought a nimh ap from me and I was working on the sketches but it took too long so I sent you the artist proof WITHOUT the hand drawn free character sketch. I thought we both walked away from that situation happy? not sure why you are mad.

***also, I would actually have to change my stantz on burning the print, the metallic sparkle in the inks for the sand and the fleshtones for that mystic print COULD be dangerous if you inhale them, I assume no responsibility if you get a buzz or are harmed in the inhalation of said sparkly ink particulates. so if you do this, please do it outside and do not stand close to it. haha. JK. but there IS a lot of it in that print.
-Mark
DrewJ

Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:08 pm

borntobewildtregger wrote:haha. if you guys burn it, please make sure you post the video, I want to see how that certain type of paper reacts to the flame. as far as what mr. Steve Zwarg has to say about me being a "ripp off artist" that situation had me bent over backwards and he got a bunch of free stuff from me over and over again by blackmailing me with "callout threads" because he got the wrong "numbers" on his aps. he got his art and I never heard another word from him. the saying goes "the customer is always right", well that's if you are WALMART. I am NOT walmart. I am an artist and the customer is NOT always right, especially when they threaten call out threads anytime something is wrong and it takes a bit of time to fix the mistake. I'm only one dude now and I'm not a business man. Im an artist. and I'm doing the best I can. so BURN THAT BABY. so since ALLBLOODY was being that way, I decided to put him to the BACK of my priority list on purpose because I had AWESOME PAYING CUSTOMERS who weren't threatening me and sending me messages about how I am a terrible human being because he didn't get the right number on his print... when I finally sent him his print, (his free print with a free remarque) it had a nice little picture of gizmo flipping the bird. he must have liked it because the emails quit. whatever I did to this guy that wants to burn the print, that's his problem not mine,(mainly because he never ASKED me for anything or wanted me to know why he was mad...) unless you are doing it to be funny, it doesn't matter to me, I did the work, it's just a print, a lot of people really like it, and it was a good seller, so I'm not worried. :) but I have to say, if I did something wrong, just privately email me and if I agree I messed up, I will make it right. When I sell my ap's, I also do CUSTOM REMARQUES and personal doodle sketches on them, THIS TAKES TIME. so if you want one of my prints shipped fast, then order from the gallery and support them, if you order from me, and want custom work with your print, it's gonna take a little while for me to complete this. thanks everyone for your support and bringing attention to my Journey of the mystics print, I appreciate any exposure I can get, I do think there is a few for sale thru the hero complex gallery yet, so for fast shipping, order from there. :)
here's a link to the print...
http://www.herocomplexgallery.com/search?q=mark+lone
-Mark

I'm not an artist but I would imagine when people are talking fudge about you on EB you shouldn't engage them. Instead, just continue working and treating the rest of your customers right and the people you did right by will chime in and defend you.
rballard84
Art Enthusiast

Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:29 pm

I'll be one the who chimes in, before I got into the print craze, I did a fan art book of Preacher art as a gift for my Dad, Mark Lone contributed to that book and produced an amazing piece of art, I never had any stress, he was a pleasure to deal with, and was amazing on price.

fudge happens, people have gripes, I think all this burning art and cussing out pieces that you get from a mystery tube, is a disgrace. It might not be your cup of tea, but the people who try to have their own identity and express themselves through those pieces, are the reason why there's a forum for you to chat fudge in the first place.
BavarianErin
Art Expert

Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:27 pm

I'm glad Mark chimed in. It's nice to hear two sides to a story. And Mark was in no way trying to start a fudge storm or anything, just explaining his process for APs and clearing the air. He's not contributing to negativity by tossing back unhelpful comments. It does not seem like his posts were made in anger.
In this particular case, him speaking up might have been better in the long run, rather than some of us just assuming Mark really is an ass, based on the opinion of someone else, and then spreading that notion elsewhere.
ImageImage
nsd
Art Expert

Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:38 pm

A) I still haven't got a shipping notification for my boxes of metal variants mystery tubes

B) Glad to see artists pop in here, however of late a good deal of it has been to defend themselves, other artists or companies. I wish it were not that way.
Can be an online release PB when I am not trying to get the piece if I am available. Just ask.
#1 ISO's: (Stout - Signed "Reservoir Dogs", Taylor - "Drive" & Mitchell - Signed "Driver" Portrait)
Timbrh2001
Art Expert

Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:42 pm

RC: Inhales Metallic Sparkle Inks to get high

Signed.
schmoff
Art Expert

Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:45 pm

i got a wolverine vs sabertooth print i have yet to see here or on their site, anyone have any info?