Calling all Phlegm fans!!!

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
ajharrington321
Art Expert
Posts: 1218
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:09 pm
Location: Denver, Colorado

Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:34 pm

Amazing!!

Going to need a PB for this bad boy as I don't have good luck/skillz

Let me know if anyone is interested

:pint:
User avatar
GoBluePanic
Art Expert
Posts: 2439
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:42 am

Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:42 pm

I like the 2 dogs drymounting on the right side

The print itself looks fantastic. I want to like it enough to buy but kind of feel like it's a bunch of different ideas put together. Like doodles on a school folder.

Is he still planning to do something with all of those small, single engravings?
I'm not someone else.
User avatar
acidburn
Art Daddy
Posts: 9473
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:06 pm

Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:45 pm

GoBluePanic wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:42 pm
I like the 2 dogs drymounting on the right side

The print itself looks fantastic. I want to like it enough to buy but kind of feel like it's a bunch of different ideas put together. Like doodles on a school folder.

Is he still planning to do something with all of those small, single engravings?
its actually based off Brueghel's Luxuria. Not just random ideas.

Image
User avatar
jkw3000
EB Team
Posts: 23026
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:22 pm
Location: NYC

Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:47 pm

acidburn wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:45 pm
GoBluePanic wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:42 pm
I like the 2 dogs drymounting on the right side

The print itself looks fantastic. I want to like it enough to buy but kind of feel like it's a bunch of different ideas put together. Like doodles on a school folder.

Is he still planning to do something with all of those small, single engravings?
its actually based off Brueghel's Luxuria

Image
Yup. Per the email (subscribe yo!):
After the show i made the decision to focus on engraving work instead of traveling painting murals. I was asked by KBR (Royal library of Belgium to collaborate with them on their Bruegel in black and white show. The show commemorates the 450 year anniversary of the renaissance master Pieter Bruegel by showing his complete print work. My work has always been strongly inspired by this golden era of printmaking so the collaboration was a perfect fit for me.

I was asked to engrave a copper plate inspired by Bruegel using the same techniques he would have used to make his print in 1558. My copper plate took three months of painstaking work to engrave with a Burin. The completed copper plate and the print is on show in Brussels until the 16th of February 2020.

This print is an important milestone for me as i've worked really hard to hone my skills as an engraver over the past few years. It's by far the most richly detailed work i've made so far and marks the beginning of a body of work i'm very excited to share with everyone.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
User avatar
acidburn
Art Daddy
Posts: 9473
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:06 pm

Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:51 pm

yea wasn't included in the email but just wanted to show as reference.
User avatar
wottagunn
Art Expert
Posts: 5457
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:28 pm
Location: Near Melbourne

Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:53 pm

I love it. He keeps on killing it. Im a fan of everything he does.

Anybody out there want to help me with the drop? Cmon, be a good bloke.
kansasbbq
Art Freak
Posts: 17856
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:46 pm
Location: AUSTIN, tx

Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:03 pm

partpat wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:34 pm
Phlegm always delivers !
Yes he does.
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
User avatar
SPAC04
Art Expert
Posts: 2617
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:10 pm
Location: New York

Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:06 pm

:clap: :clap: :clap:
User avatar
Kramerica
Art Freak
Posts: 13727
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:37 am
Location: Corner of 1st & 1st

Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:21 pm

Been looking forward to this one. Love all the process pics he's been posting to IG. Musta taken a minute to make 350 of these.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 52207
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:31 pm

Shouldn't be too hard to get with dat run.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
mattieg25
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:01 am

Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:39 pm

Very excited! The detailed pictures make it seem like it would be huge. I like that it’s small but intricate.
User avatar
acidburn
Art Daddy
Posts: 9473
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:06 pm

Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:09 pm

Codeblue wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:31 pm
Shouldn't be too hard to get with dat run.
The museum received their own allocation so not as much as you think online.
User avatar
piper27
Art Expert
Posts: 1152
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:52 pm
Location: Stewart, Mn

Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:46 pm

Kramerica wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:21 pm
Been looking forward to this one. Love all the process pics he's been posting to IG. Musta taken a minute to make 350 of these.
Duke spend all those minutes in his garden shed doing it too.
Codeblue wrote:Try vigorously rubbing yer peen on it several times.
User avatar
cmatthews11
Art Expert
Posts: 2920
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:42 am
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Contact:

Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:04 pm

Fingers crossed I can snag this one at cost.
User avatar
EG8
Art Expert
Posts: 1371
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:24 pm
Contact:

Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:02 am

I was hoping for the small engravings too maybe those will be later.
Image Image Image
Post Reply