Bottleneck Gallery News/Rumors!

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
phips
Art Expert
Posts: 2923
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:35 pm
Location: California

Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:18 am

bethemonkey wrote:This is why Stout is Stout... he draws them and makes the image his own. Look at his SW prints (not JPEG, in person) and you will see that they are the best SW posters maybe.... ever.
really? hm. i don't like them at all. don't like how the characters look. never understood the Stout hype.
but thats just my 2¢
User avatar
acidburn
Art Daddy
Posts: 9547
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:06 pm

Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:48 am

phips wrote:
bethemonkey wrote:This is why Stout is Stout... he draws them and makes the image his own. Look at his SW prints (not JPEG, in person) and you will see that they are the best SW posters maybe.... ever.
really? hm. i don't like them at all. don't like how the characters look. never understood the Stout hype.
but thats just my 2¢
he's the reason why I got into this hobby a long time ago.

Love how even though most of the time you know what to expect, it still makes you happy each time its revealed.
User avatar
35mmpaul
Art Expert
Posts: 8441
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:40 pm
Location: NYC

Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:15 pm

acidburn wrote:
chavo wrote:Crap. ISO Pintendo set. Love the pins coming out.
Trying to expand outside movies too.
Arcadium pins?

Bisser pinnnnnnnnnnn
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
User avatar
greedy21
Art Expert
Posts: 1058
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:21 pm

Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:19 pm

ISO Mendls pin if anyone's got an extra
User avatar
acidburn
Art Daddy
Posts: 9547
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:06 pm

Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:28 pm

35mmpaul wrote:
acidburn wrote:
chavo wrote:Crap. ISO Pintendo set. Love the pins coming out.
Trying to expand outside movies too.
Arcadium pins?

Bisser pinnnnnnnnnnn
haha nah prob not for that stuff.
User avatar
dweebofthedead
Art Expert
Posts: 5364
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:24 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:33 pm

Image
Going to do something fun with @Montygog and Glen Brogan for one of our favorite shows this week...
User avatar
acidburn
Art Daddy
Posts: 9547
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:06 pm

Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:42 pm

dweebofthedead wrote:Image
Going to do something fun with @Montygog and Glen Brogan for one of our favorite shows this week...
tx for posting.
User avatar
DeadHand
Art Expert
Posts: 1125
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:48 am
Location: Chicago

Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:47 pm

hey Last Man on Earth! :drool:

(get Danger to do one , also :pint: )
User avatar
acidburn
Art Daddy
Posts: 9547
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:06 pm

Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:54 pm

DeadHand wrote:hey Last Man on Earth! :drool:

(get Danger to do one , also :pint: )
dont think hes the biggest fans of us.
User avatar
DeadHand
Art Expert
Posts: 1125
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:48 am
Location: Chicago

Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:41 pm

acidburn wrote:
DeadHand wrote:hey Last Man on Earth! :drool:

(get Danger to do one , also :pint: )
dont think hes the biggest fans of us.
ah...I see
Image
User avatar
bdm105
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 888
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:20 pm
Location: Florida

Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:42 pm

any gallery shows coming up?
User avatar
dweebofthedead
Art Expert
Posts: 5364
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:24 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:58 pm

acidburn wrote:
DeadHand wrote:hey Last Man on Earth! :drool:

(get Danger to do one , also :pint: )
dont think hes the biggest fans of us.
Story time?

(lemme get the :lurk: just in case...)
User avatar
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus
Posts: 52227
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:50 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:00 pm

Image
So it goes...
User avatar
jkw3000
EB Team
Posts: 23210
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:22 pm
Location: NYC

Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:02 pm

From what I know, not really - just the same reasons most of the artists in line with Mondo stand by Mondo over the other galleries out there.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
User avatar
acidburn
Art Daddy
Posts: 9547
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:06 pm

Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:09 pm

absolutely no story.

I think we sort of evolved over the last year from what we started as but many artists weren't into what we were doing
Post Reply