Bottleneck Gallery News/Rumors!

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 53322
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:54 pm

It's true. I was sent a paper sample for testing purposes.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
jvwoodford
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 296
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:05 pm
Location: Bristol, UK

Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:04 pm

I think that GNR is awesome, gold is the business the variant is a little too crazy for me. Intrigued to know which parts will be flocked on the background. Is it the pattern only or the entire background?
User avatar
cotis
Art Expert
Posts: 4920
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: USA

Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:07 pm

what the flock
User avatar
mattlew69
Art Expert
Posts: 8633
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:03 pm
Location: Midwest

Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:03 pm

I would assume the black background is the part that is flocked.

and yes, it will feel good.
Image
jvwoodford
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 296
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:05 pm
Location: Bristol, UK

Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:52 am

mattlew69 wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:03 pm
I would assume the black background is the part that is flocked.

and yes, it will feel good.
oh yea i meant if it would be the slightly lighter embellished parts of the background or the entire background
User avatar
mattlew69
Art Expert
Posts: 8633
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:03 pm
Location: Midwest

Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:11 am

If its 2 different shades of background (which it looks like it is) the darker black will most likely be the flocked part.

Lets just say, I have a few flocked prints for my nightly peen rubbins at the flat file as I peruse my collection with a bottle of port wine.

Some really great blacklight BMX ones that really take me back to my teens.

Needless to say, I am REALLY excited how this one feels in person. Maybe even framed with no glass. :groucho:
Image
applehead
Art Expert
Posts: 2225
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 5:48 pm

Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:41 pm

Loving this 18 year old artists fan art release today. Are these hand finished? Looks like they might be from pics but think it would have stated such.

A little pricey w shipping/taxes at $70+, but a must have for our newly painted walls.

I need more bottleneck bux! Would be sweet if you doubled those on a certain days purchases, or for all timed releases. Just a thought
User avatar
Kramerica
Art Freak
Posts: 13935
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:37 am
Location: Corner of 1st & 1st

Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:44 pm

They have done at least one recent double bottlebux promotion that I can think of, so it does happen.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
User avatar
acidburn
Art Daddy
Posts: 9857
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:06 pm

Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:46 pm

applehead wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:41 pm
Loving this 18 year old artists fan art release today. Are these hand finished? Looks like they might be from pics but think it would have stated such.

A little pricey w shipping/taxes at $70+, but a must have for our newly painted walls.

I need more bottleneck bux! Would be sweet if you doubled those on a certain days purchases, or for all timed releases. Just a thought
No not hand finished unfortunately. We had to scan the painting which was massive and bright.

We just recently did that comic con. Went well I think. People seemed happy.
kansasbbq
Art Freak
Posts: 18442
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:46 pm
Location: AUSTIN, tx

Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:46 pm

acidburn wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:46 pm
We just recently did that comic con. Went well I think. People seemed happy.
It was very nice of you guys. Thanks!
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
User avatar
jkw3000
EB Team
Posts: 23791
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:22 pm
Location: NYC

Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:05 pm

https://bottleneckgallery.com/blogs/new ... -sale-info

Image
Grateful Dead by Dan Mumford
Screen print
18 x 24 inches
Hand-numbered edition of 125
$40

Image
Grateful Dead - Variant by Dan Mumford
Screen print
18 x 24 inches
Hand-numbered edition of 50
$50

Image
Grateful Dead - Glow-in-the-Dark Variant by Dan Mumford
Screen print with glow-in-the-dark ink
18 x 24 inches
Hand-numbered edition of 25
$50

Image
Grateful Dead by Zeb Love
Screen print
18 x 24 inches
Hand-numbered edition of 150
$40

Image
Grateful Dead - Variant by Zeb Love
Screen print
18 x 24 inches
Hand-numbered edition of 50
$50

Image
Grateful Dead: Jack Straw - Puzzle + Poster by Luke Martin
1000 pieces
16 x 32 inches
Includes 16 x 32 inch fold out poster
$30
Estimated to ship late February

Image
Grateful Dead: Jack Straw - Puzzle + Poster - Variant by Luke Martin
1000 pieces
16 x 32 inches
Includes 16 x 32 inch fold out poster
Limited edition of 2500
$35
Estimated to ship late February

No unfolded copies of the poster in these batches, I assume...
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
User avatar
dmm8878
Art Expert
Posts: 2174
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:00 am
Location: Hamden, CT

Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:31 pm

I have a couple questions about the Masthay "Stella Blue" print and apologies if this has been answered somewhere...

"Artist Editions via lottery are embellished"

Is that just referring to the wolf doodle at the bottom? Do both editions (main and artist) have the hand-finished red tongue?

Also, is it a letterpress, linoblock, or both? So confused over here.
ottomatik71 wrote:Your punk ass attitude isn't going to help you get this print.
User avatar
acidburn
Art Daddy
Posts: 9857
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:06 pm

Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:35 pm

dmm8878 wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:31 pm
I have a couple questions about the Masthay "Stella Blue" print and apologies if this has been answered somewhere...

"Artist Editions via lottery are embellished"

Is that just referring to the wolf doodle at the bottom? Do both editions (main and artist) have the hand-finished red tongue?

Also, is it a letterpress, linoblock, or both? So confused over here.
All good. Yea mentioned in blog.

Wolf Doodle + Red Tongue + Linoblock
User avatar
acidburn
Art Daddy
Posts: 9857
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:06 pm

Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:57 pm

acidburn wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:35 pm
dmm8878 wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:31 pm
I have a couple questions about the Masthay "Stella Blue" print and apologies if this has been answered somewhere...

"Artist Editions via lottery are embellished"

Is that just referring to the wolf doodle at the bottom? Do both editions (main and artist) have the hand-finished red tongue?

Also, is it a letterpress, linoblock, or both? So confused over here.
All good. Yea mentioned in blog.

Wolf Doodle + Red Tongue + Linoblock which is just one type of letterpress
User avatar
dmm8878
Art Expert
Posts: 2174
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:00 am
Location: Hamden, CT

Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:05 pm

Ah, gotcha. I was confused because AJ referred to it as a letterpress somewhere, which I always thought gave a bit of embossing in the image, the way Welker uses it. So the only difference between the main and artist editions is the wolf doodle? The main edition of 500 also has the hand-finished red tongue?
ottomatik71 wrote:Your punk ass attitude isn't going to help you get this print.
Post Reply