Bottleneck Gallery News/Rumors!

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
theperfecttree
EB Team
Posts: 10724
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:04 am
Location: Austin, TX

Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:11 am

curious as well if I can add to Dark Knight order and swap out with 2001

solid price at only $50

--

"We've been messing around with an affordable framing option for our new line of Lenticular prints, and we finally have one available! This option is for our The Dark Knight lenticular buyers, as these will come framed from the factory. We've chosen a very simple, yet elegant, 1/4" profile aluminum satin black finish frame. We also decided against any glazing to prevent additional glare. The frame is a $50 add-on and no extra shipping will be charged. Your order will arrive framed and ready to hang!

Material: Aluminum
Finish: Black Satin
Profile: 1/4"
Depth: 1 1/8""


Image

Image
User avatar
acidburn
Art Daddy
Posts: 9646
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:06 pm

Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:51 am

eh its possible but I wouldn't recommend it. It's not one of those easy insert 1 2 3 frames.
I am tempted as well and use it for the 2001 Space Odyssey. I assume it works for the 4 mm plex too?
There is a frame for the 4mm. So you would have to buy it for the dark knight plex but again I wouldn't really recommend it unless you want to take it apart.

The light boxes should hopefully be done over the next few months. Those are actually snappable so you can replace all the plexes.
User avatar
Kramerica
Art Freak
Posts: 13851
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:37 am
Location: Corner of 1st & 1st

Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:51 am

acidburn wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:51 am
eh its possible but I wouldn't recommend it. It's not one of those easy insert 1 2 3 frames.
I am tempted as well and use it for the 2001 Space Odyssey. I assume it works for the 4 mm plex too?
There is a frame for the 4mm. So you would have to buy it for the dark knight plex but again I wouldn't really recommend it unless you want to take it apart.

The light boxes should hopefully be done over the next few months. Those are actually snappable so you can replace all the plexes.
That's interesting news. I have been eyeballing one on displays2go but I might just wait to see what you guys can come up with. I definitely want one that can easily swap the plex versions, I had doubts about whether the model I was looking at would accommodate it.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
User avatar
wonkabars7
Art Expert
Posts: 7149
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 2:13 pm

Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:15 pm

How are the frames powered...chord/batteries/etc?
User avatar
theperfecttree
EB Team
Posts: 10724
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:04 am
Location: Austin, TX

Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:48 pm

acidburn- thanks for the reply on compatibility with 2001
wonkabars7 wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:15 pm
How are the frames powered...chord/batteries/etc?
for $50 I think I assumed they didn't have a backlight
User avatar
cotis
Art Expert
Posts: 4785
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: USA

Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:50 pm

wonkabars7 wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:15 pm
How are the frames powered...chord/batteries/etc?
nuclear
User avatar
mattlew69
Art Expert
Posts: 8417
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:03 pm
Location: Midwest

Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:54 pm

theperfecttree wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:48 pm
acidburn- thanks for the reply on compatibility with 2001
wonkabars7 wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:15 pm
How are the frames powered...chord/batteries/etc?
for $50 I think I assumed they didn't have a backlight
He's talking about the light box frames that bottleneck are in the process of developing and selling.
Image
User avatar
theperfecttree
EB Team
Posts: 10724
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:04 am
Location: Austin, TX

Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:56 pm

ah yea, my bad
User avatar
rubberneck
Art God
Posts: 25764
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:19 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:00 pm

But can we get 'clever' mats that extend the image out beyond the composition tho?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0


"rara charta, gravi negotio"
User avatar
acidburn
Art Daddy
Posts: 9646
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:06 pm

Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:26 pm

rubberneck wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:00 pm
But can we get 'clever' mats that extend the image out beyond the composition tho?
lol there are 3 of us here. Let me live. Arsenybot can only handle so much.
Iracles
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:17 pm
Contact:

Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:16 pm

acidburn wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:30 am
We actually have John Alvin's Goonies approved too but that requires some work. Its the version with the silhouttes
Will you be offering a version of the Alvin poster that shows the character details rather than the silhouettes?

Image
User avatar
acidburn
Art Daddy
Posts: 9646
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:06 pm

Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:37 pm

Iracles wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:16 pm
acidburn wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:30 am
We actually have John Alvin's Goonies approved too but that requires some work. Its the version with the silhouttes
Will you be offering a version of the Alvin poster that shows the character details rather than the silhouettes?

Image
We only have the file for the silhouettes.
Iracles
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:17 pm
Contact:

Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:25 pm

Thanks.
User avatar
wonkabars7
Art Expert
Posts: 7149
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 2:13 pm

Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:49 am

mattlew69 wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:54 pm
theperfecttree wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:48 pm
acidburn- thanks for the reply on compatibility with 2001
wonkabars7 wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:15 pm
How are the frames powered...chord/batteries/etc?
for $50 I think I assumed they didn't have a backlight
He's talking about the light box frames that bottleneck are in the process of developing and selling.
Yeah, should have clarified, my bad.
User avatar
acidburn
Art Daddy
Posts: 9646
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:06 pm

Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:11 pm

yea light boxes will def be more the $50 but way less then what they're going for. Still haven't figured it out because we are still designing. 90% there.
Post Reply