Bottleneck Gallery News/Rumors!

General art-related discussion.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:09 pm

Who are the "James and Joe" that passed according to BNG insta?
wonkabars7
Art Expert

Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:37 pm

Wondered same thing..
bubbie
Art Expert

Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:45 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:09 pm
Who are the "James and Joe" that passed according to BNG insta?
Not daddy, I hope.
mattlew69
Art Expert

Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:50 pm

I hope its not Daddy. :(

I was looking forward for that "art father" figure on here.

Since Codeblue was never an option. He seems like he would want to hit me a lot.
jkw3000
EB Team

Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:09 pm

mattlew69 wrote:

Since Codeblue was never an option. He seems like he would want to hit me a lot.
Codeblue always seemed more like a "I'm just going out for a pack of smokes" and you never see him again kind of "art father" figure, tbh.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
bmerel
Art Expert

Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:06 pm

James was an incredibly inspirational dude/friend, that was also an enormous BNG/Welker fan. James shared openly for years about his weight loss journey, his love for all things WSP, BNG and Welker..,.and most definitely inspired tons of people along the way. He's survived by his young daughter.
Joseph was another incredible friend that was a giant Phish fan, poster/art collector and one of the nicest people you would ever want to be around. He's survived by 3 daughters.
Both of them passed away this month. Both of them battled demons. Both of them will be missed sorely by many.
Woo5lscott
Art Expert

Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:21 pm

The drymount?
jkw3000
EB Team

Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:31 pm

The TL;dr is that two peeps who have been to Bottleneck's gallery show/Welker shows have passed away and they posted to pay their respects. One of the best things about the BNG team (and also one of the reasons why I pity their poor PMs/DMs/inboxes) is how many people they've gotten to know and remember by name, so them sharing can be a bit confusing unless you've seen how they treat the people who've shown up there time and again.

EDIT: I understand this may come off as more about BNG praising than about respecting condolences, which I apologize for - moreso thankful that it even got shared as I would not have known about their passing if it weren't for the post. News of James didn't pop up in my Welker feed until hours later. :-(
mattlew69
Art Expert

Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:34 pm

jkw3000 wrote:
(and also one of the reasons why I pity their poor PMs/DMs/inboxes)
This. So much this, and I have only bought a couple things.

I believe in great customer service, but they go way above and beyond. Much respect to the BNG crew. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
bmerel
Art Expert

Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:45 pm

jkw3000 wrote:
The TL;dr is that two peeps who have been to Bottleneck's gallery show/Welker shows have passed away and they posted to pay their respects. One of the best things about the BNG team (and also one of the reasons why I pity their poor PMs/DMs/inboxes) is how many people they've gotten to know and remember by name, so them sharing can be a bit confusing unless you've seen how they treat the people who've shown up there time and again.
No TL;DR needed.
Sometimes it's ok for people to read.
Sometimes things don't need cliff notes.
James and Joseph were amazing people that anyone and everyone remembered from the moment they first met them.
They both had an incredibly large group of people that cared about them and fought hard to help them.
They both have families that are being left behind to pick up the pieces.
This is a completely brutal day.
jkw3000
EB Team

Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:49 pm

bmerel wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:45 pm
jkw3000 wrote:
Not a TL;DR.
Sometimes it's ok for people to read.
Sometimes things don't need cliff notes.
James and Joseph were amazing people that anyone and everyone remembered from the moment they first met them.
For clarification, the TL;dr wasn't for what you said - appreciate the kind words and contribution here - it was my shorthand for people wondering about what the situation was/what the post was/who it was for/what people are referencing (since the post isn't on here directly). By all means, share stories and condolences - it's terrible news in the midst of a terrible year.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:27 pm

Sad. If there are gofundmes, please link them here. Rest in peace brothers.
bmerel
Art Expert

Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:47 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:27 pm
Sad. If there are gofundmes, please link them here. Rest in peace brothers.
There’s some close friends that are trying to organize a way to auction artwork for their daughters, a trust fund of sorts. I’ve seen auctions on Phish Ink for Joseph’s family. I’ll try to find it and post the link. Hopeful that we can auction off the artwork and raise a massive chunk for James’s daughters future. Hopeful that we/they/them/us can do some good.
acidburn
Art Daddy

Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:42 am

mattlew69 wrote:

4 people messaged us asking if I passed away yesterday after writing that. No not me.
bmerel wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:06 pm
James was an incredibly inspirational dude/friend, that was also an enormous BNG/Welker fan. James shared openly for years about his weight loss journey, his love for all things WSP, BNG and Welker..,.and most definitely inspired tons of people along the way. He's survived by his young daughter.
Joseph was another incredible friend that was a giant Phish fan, poster/art collector and one of the nicest people you would ever want to be around. He's survived by 3 daughters.
Both of them passed away this month. Both of them battled demons. Both of them will be missed sorely by many.
Exactly all of this.

The thing with James that hit me really hard yesterday when I got the news is that I know many of us reached out over the years after seeing a status or something he would post and he would just reply back as if it was nothing. Then it would be a streak of positivity with the weight loss, music and family and you would think oh he's all good but he apparently wasn't. Reading the last few posts on his FB wall was extremely tough.

Obviously we are here if anyone figures out a fundraiser or something.
wonkabars7
Art Expert

Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:10 am

Thanks for the update and info, Joe/bmerel.

Feel so bad for those families...I hope those kids manage best they can as they wade through life without their Dads. So sad.