Bottleneck Gallery News/Rumors!

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
ccsmd598
Art Expert
Posts: 2005
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 5:33 pm

Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:35 pm

Buckhammer wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:06 pm
Ticholas wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:04 pm
I guess what I meant is, at the time of the drop, is it better to use a phone or laptop? Apple Pay or PayPal? Be logged into BNG? Etc.
Its going to be a timed edition so you dont have to worry about this one selling out quick.
Bad news for EB tho, the power of the flip is what powers this place amirite?
Ya'll see the leprechaun say yaaaaaa!
User avatar
rubberneck
Art God
Posts: 25495
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:19 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:38 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0


"rara charta, gravi negotio"
User avatar
jkw3000
EB Trainee
Posts: 21740
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:22 pm
Location: NYC

Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:04 pm

Speaking of fish...

https://bottleneckgallery.com/blogs/new ... -sale-info

Image
Milkman by Jim Pollock
Vinyl figure
5.25 inches tall
Edition of 400 (All boxes will be hand-numbered)
$50 / Complete Set of Four: $225

Image
Milkman Baker’s Dozen Variant by Jim Pollock
Vinyl figure
5.5 inches tall
Edition of 325 (All boxes will be hand-numbered)
$65 / Complete Set of Four: $225

Image
Milkman Mr. Freeze Variant by Jim Pollock
Vinyl figure
5.25 inches tall
Edition of 150 (All boxes will be hand-numbered)
$75 / Complete Set of Four: $225

Image
Milkman - WaterWheel and Ben & Jerry’s Variant by Jim Pollock
Vinyl figure
5.25 inches tall
Edition of 125 (All boxes will be hand-numbered)
$50 OR $85 with matching numbered It's Ice Cream print
Complete Set of Four $225
*100% of all profits from this vinyl figure edition will be donated to the WaterWheel Foundation

Image
It’s Ice Cream by Jim Pollock
Letterpress
18 x 24 inches
Signed and hand-numbered PP edition of 200
$50
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
User avatar
wonkabars7
Art Expert
Posts: 6929
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 2:13 pm

Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:50 pm

rubberneck wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:38 pm
Great show.
User avatar
soam24
Art Freak
Posts: 12319
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:00 am
Location: The land of lizards

Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:54 pm

Interesting figures.
Image
Ticholas
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:01 pm

Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:30 pm

jkw3000 wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:05 pm
Timed edition means it doesn't matter what you use, it's not gonna sell out, just buy when it becomes available.

Set up an account with BNG's site though, if you want to keep track of your order, have your address already saved, accumulate BottleBux, etc.
Awesome. Thank you.

Sorry if I’m derailing this thread, but I have one other question: what’s the best way to be notified that BNG’s site has been updated for the drop?
User avatar
jkw3000
EB Trainee
Posts: 21740
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:22 pm
Location: NYC

Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:36 pm

Ticholas wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:30 pm
jkw3000 wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:05 pm
Timed edition means it doesn't matter what you use, it's not gonna sell out, just buy when it becomes available.

Set up an account with BNG's site though, if you want to keep track of your order, have your address already saved, accumulate BottleBux, etc.
Awesome. Thank you.

Sorry if I’m derailing this thread, but I have one other question: what’s the best way to be notified that BNG’s site has been updated for the drop?
Subscribe to their newsletter (at the bottom of their homepage) or follow them on twitter.
https://twitter.com/BottleneckNYC
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
Ticholas
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:01 pm

Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:43 pm

jkw3000 wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:36 pm
Ticholas wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:30 pm
jkw3000 wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:05 pm
Timed edition means it doesn't matter what you use, it's not gonna sell out, just buy when it becomes available.

Set up an account with BNG's site though, if you want to keep track of your order, have your address already saved, accumulate BottleBux, etc.
Awesome. Thank you.

Sorry if I’m derailing this thread, but I have one other question: what’s the best way to be notified that BNG’s site has been updated for the drop?
Subscribe to their newsletter (at the bottom of their homepage) or follow them on twitter.
https://twitter.com/BottleneckNYC
Will do. Thanks again!
User avatar
dolamite24
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 773
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:33 pm

Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:23 am

acidburn wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:41 am
dolamite24 wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:05 pm
Are the 24x36 portfolios still scheduled to ship in early September?
Unless something happens with our freight, if you purchased in that group then yea still scheduled. Just sold out that group. Next batch ships in October.
Have the September portfolios began to ship?
User avatar
partpat
Art Expert
Posts: 9375
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:54 pm

Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:39 am

The pollock toy looks great, I hope to snag a set!
User avatar
jkw3000
EB Trainee
Posts: 21740
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:22 pm
Location: NYC

Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:31 pm

https://bottleneckgallery.com/blogs/new ... -sale-info

Image
Take My Heart by Roamcouch
Screen print
36 x 9 inches
Signed and hand-numbered edition of 90
$150
Includes COA

Image
Take My Heart - Silver Foil Edition by Roamcouch
Screen print
36 x 9 inches
Signed and hand-numbered edition of 20
$175
Includes COA

Image
Take My Heart - Rainbow Foil Edition by Roamcouch
Screen print
36 x 9 inches
Signed and hand-numbered edition of 10
$200
Includes COA
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
User avatar
acidburn
Art Expert
Posts: 9264
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:06 pm

Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:33 pm

That was insane.

Raised $4,500 for Waterwheel too which is sweet. Also, did something fun on the Tiny Ghost side of things. Will post about that once they land to where they are supposed to be going.
kansasbbq
Art Freak
Posts: 17363
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:46 pm
Location: AUSTIN, tx

Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:42 pm

partpat wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:39 am
The pollock toy looks great, I hope to snag a set!
Any luck?
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
User avatar
dmm8878
Art Expert
Posts: 1966
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:00 am
Location: CT

Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:08 am

This might be a dumb question, but is the "It's Ice Cream" print that just dropped Jim's usual lino-cut block print method? I'm being thrown by the word "letterpress". Are they the same thing?
ottomatik71 wrote:Your punk ass attitude isn't going to help you get this print.
User avatar
acidburn
Art Expert
Posts: 9264
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:06 pm

Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:06 pm

dmm8878 wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:08 am
This might be a dumb question, but is the "It's Ice Cream" print that just dropped Jim's usual lino-cut block print method? I'm being thrown by the word "letterpress". Are they the same thing?
first question i asked and yea used on the a Heidelberg press at Rohner from Jims blocks.
Post Reply