Bottleneck Gallery News/Rumors!

General art-related discussion.
andrewg520
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:42 pm

Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:27 pm

damn i don't know how to work this website too well i wanted to reply with a picture of Old Gregg lmao
User avatar
mobius006
Art Freak
Posts: 12947
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:16 pm

Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:28 pm

top of the page fail!
User avatar
acidburn
Art Expert
Posts: 9327
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:06 pm

Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:29 pm

andrewg520 wrote:
35mmpaul wrote:if you want to bash a company for logistics of credit blocks and artist signatures and other things that are not always available and in control with dealing in other companies intelectual property, I'm going to comment back at you.

its a movie poster. pump the breaks. you'll be ok.
exactly, it's a movie poster. So it should have credit block lmao. Idk if you've never been on any other forum on this website, but A LOT of people complain when a print doesn't have the credit block. I can link you to some examples if you would like to go comment back at them since you seem so keen to comment back when people flame bottleneck for not doing credit blocks. Get off your high horse.
I understand the want for credit blocks but to say a movie poster always has them is wrong. A lot of theatrical posters don't have them. Granted most are teaser posters or "A" or "B" but its not on all.
stuckeyc
Art Expert
Posts: 5263
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 1:00 am

Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:32 pm

I NEED that pollock. Lottery gods better treat me better than with the lemonwheel anny
Image
User avatar
tourist504
Art Expert
Posts: 4186
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:00 am
Location: NOLA

Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:39 pm

The Facebook groups are overflowing into our quiet little fudge pond. :neutral:
maden wrote:I would like to see a 16"+ diameter tube.
BlakeAronson wrote:This one is just big enough, but not too overwhelming in size.
jordachep wrote::drool: Can't believe the size. I want this so bad.
Imagex6
User avatar
jkw3000
EB Trainee
Posts: 22242
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:22 pm
Location: NYC

Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:06 pm

35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
andrewg520
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:42 pm

Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:11 pm

acidburn wrote:
andrewg520 wrote:
35mmpaul wrote:if you want to bash a company for logistics of credit blocks and artist signatures and other things that are not always available and in control with dealing in other companies intelectual property, I'm going to comment back at you.

its a movie poster. pump the breaks. you'll be ok.
exactly, it's a movie poster. So it should have credit block lmao. Idk if you've never been on any other forum on this website, but A LOT of people complain when a print doesn't have the credit block. I can link you to some examples if you would like to go comment back at them since you seem so keen to comment back when people flame bottleneck for not doing credit blocks. Get off your high horse.
I understand the want for credit blocks but to say a movie poster always has them is wrong. A lot of theatrical posters don't have them. Granted most are teaser posters or "A" or "B" but its not on all.
excuse me where did i say they always have credit blocks? I didn't. My point is that a movie poster if often thought of with the credit blocks. I said "so it should have the credit block" i never stated once that they always have it so please do not twist my words...
User avatar
35mmpaul
Art Expert
Posts: 8184
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:40 pm
Location: NYC

Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:14 pm

andrewg520 wrote:exactly, it's a movie poster. So it should have credit block lmao.
Image
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
User avatar
DonPiano
Art Expert
Posts: 8412
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:42 am
Location: Perth, Nowhere Australia.

Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:18 pm

The conundrum arises when a movie poster has credit blocks, but it's a giclee! What to do! What to do!
The Curb

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group


Hotdogs are not sandwiches.

Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.
User avatar
fredo
Art God
Posts: 25971
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:26 pm
Location: ENZEE

Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:14 pm

andrewg520 wrote:My point is that a movie poster if often thought of with the credit blocks. I said "so it should have the credit block" i never stated once that they always have it so please do not twist my words...
Image
just a foil for me today, thanks
User avatar
acidburn
Art Expert
Posts: 9327
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:06 pm

Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:03 pm

andrewg520 wrote:
acidburn wrote:
andrewg520 wrote:
35mmpaul wrote:if you want to bash a company for logistics of credit blocks and artist signatures and other things that are not always available and in control with dealing in other companies intelectual property, I'm going to comment back at you.

its a movie poster. pump the breaks. you'll be ok.
exactly, it's a movie poster. So it should have credit block lmao. Idk if you've never been on any other forum on this website, but A LOT of people complain when a print doesn't have the credit block. I can link you to some examples if you would like to go comment back at them since you seem so keen to comment back when people flame bottleneck for not doing credit blocks. Get off your high horse.
I understand the want for credit blocks but to say a movie poster always has them is wrong. A lot of theatrical posters don't have them. Granted most are teaser posters or "A" or "B" but its not on all.
excuse me where did i say they always have credit blocks? I didn't. My point is that a movie poster if often thought of with the credit blocks. I said "so it should have the credit block" i never stated once that they always have it so please do not twist my words...
Got it. You win.
User avatar
middayshadows
Art Expert
Posts: 5764
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:15 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:32 pm

Yikes.

Have all the Englert mystery tubes shipped out?
Image Image
User avatar
jayper
Art Expert
Posts: 2013
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:02 am

Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:59 pm

Image
User avatar
acidburn
Art Expert
Posts: 9327
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:06 pm

Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:05 pm

middayshadows wrote:Yikes.

Have all the Englert mystery tubes shipped out?
Thursday/Friday the remaining will go out
User avatar
cotis
Art Expert
Posts: 4450
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: USA

Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:16 pm

Image
Post Reply