Bottleneck Gallery News/Rumors!

General art-related discussion.
ajmmck
Art Expert

Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:42 pm

That was as solid minute of scrolling! Congrats Bottleneck, looks like a great stand :clap:
wonkabars7
Art Expert

Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:07 pm

Hope Jaws makes it online.
steelbooklover
Art Connoisseur

Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:12 pm

Could I get a PB for the following from any NYCC attendees. I am going to mondocon so I can return the favor for any releases that are there.

Hunter: blue preferred
Empire Strikes Back
Watchmen
FrankBooth
Art Expert

Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:14 pm

steelbooklover wrote:Could I get a PB for the following from any NYCC attendees. I am going to mondocon so I can return the favor for any releases that are there.

Empire Strikes Back
Watchmen
Throw it in the ISO forum, always surprised by the amount of helpful folks in this community.
ImageImageImage

Original Comic Art Collection: http://cafurl.com?i=25041
steelbooklover
Art Connoisseur

Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:25 pm

FrankBooth wrote:
steelbooklover wrote:Could I get a PB for the following from any NYCC attendees. I am going to mondocon so I can return the favor for any releases that are there.

Empire Strikes Back
Watchmen
Throw it in the ISO forum, always surprised by the amount of helpful folks in this community.
Thanks for the help. I’ll do that.
DickButt
Art Expert

Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:30 pm

steelbooklover wrote:
FrankBooth wrote:

Empire Strikes Back
Watchmen
Thanks for the help. I’ll do that.
Someone should definitely be able to help with those.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:50 pm

jkw3000 wrote:I know orange glow-in-the-dark exists but I don't think I've ever seen it in the few years I've been in this hobby. I doubt it'd be just as easy to use as green though - even the green pigment can leave a weird ghost image if they don't prep & print it properly, can't imagine a neon-orange pigment would be more subtle.
The one that springs to mind for me is the Durieux Buck Rogers variant. Great gid on that print.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
jkw3000
EB Team

Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:59 pm

Kramerica wrote:
jkw3000 wrote:I know orange glow-in-the-dark exists but I don't think I've ever seen it in the few years I've been in this hobby. I doubt it'd be just as easy to use as green though - even the green pigment can leave a weird ghost image if they don't prep & print it properly, can't imagine a neon-orange pigment would be more subtle.
The one that springs to mind for me is the Durieux Buck Rogers variant. Great gid on that print.
Good memory - that was also an orange glow on orange elements of the image though, wasn't it?
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
Chris217h
Art Enthusiast

Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:26 pm

Will Englert's Dracarys have a handbill at NYCC or with the online release for a few lucky people?
Kramerica
Art Freak

Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:36 pm

jkw3000 wrote:
Kramerica wrote:
Good memory - that was also an orange glow on orange elements of the image though, wasn't it?
That is correct. That print was the reason I bought my led blacklight flashlight.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
agr719
Art Expert

Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:02 am

JJRadical wrote:I dont know if anyone has noticed the Lannister Lion in the explosion, pretty sweet.
A few people on io9 noticed it, and it totally ruined the print for them. Never mind the fact that it's perfectly in line with Englert's other GoT pieces (which is what I commented).
mcnail wrote:Ha, EB, y'all crazy.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:04 am

wonkabars7 wrote:Hope Jaws makes it online.

I'd be shocked if that sold out. I'm with you dude. I think that jaws is drymounting phenomenal.
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
wonkabars7
Art Expert

Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:09 am

You’re always with me. In every way.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:18 am

wonkabars7 wrote:You’re always with me. In every way.
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
soam24
Art Freak

Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:38 am

Love the AJ's but I think the different papers are a bit much for this particular print.