Bottleneck Gallery News/Rumors!

General art-related discussion.
LordCrom
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:18 am

Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:40 pm

+1 of each. Very proud owner of a Struzan.
Last edited by LordCrom on Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Citizenkane
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:20 pm

Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:42 pm

ccsmd598 wrote:
zacooper wrote:I know I'm going to hate myself later for passing on this, but I can't spend that kind of money right now
Honestly try to find someone auctioning one on e-bay, there's a variant failip in progress...might be able to get it cheaper than cost
Maybe get an AP later on? Does Drew even do AP's of prints?
User avatar
jkw3000
EB Team
Posts: 23790
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:22 pm
Location: NYC

Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:46 pm

Citizenkane wrote:
ccsmd598 wrote:
zacooper wrote:I know I'm going to hate myself later for passing on this, but I can't spend that kind of money right now
Honestly try to find someone auctioning one on e-bay, there's a variant failip in progress...might be able to get it cheaper than cost
Maybe get an AP later on? Does Drew even do AP's of prints?
Yes, for a markup. Because Drew.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
User avatar
ccsmd598
Art Expert
Posts: 2067
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 5:33 pm

Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:04 pm

jkw3000 wrote:
Citizenkane wrote:
ccsmd598 wrote:
zacooper wrote:I know I'm going to hate myself later for passing on this, but I can't spend that kind of money right now
Honestly try to find someone auctioning one on e-bay, there's a variant failip in progress...might be able to get it cheaper than cost
Maybe get an AP later on? Does Drew even do AP's of prints?
Yes, for a markup. Because Drew.
Yeah but not for much more relative to the original cost of the print. On galactic gallery his Pans prints both sell for 275. Considering the original cost of the print is $200 that's not bad at all vs Kurtz Drive APs that originally cost 60 and went for 250. Again, two different things but not bad relatively.
Ya'll see the leprechaun say yaaaaaa!
User avatar
acidburn
Art Daddy
Posts: 9856
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:06 pm

Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:19 pm

The release is doing pretty amazing. Doesn't have to sell out right away to not be successful. It's been an hour and 15 min and Drew has sold almost 575 prints (since reserves).

The editon was definitely higher but we also don't have all so it was closer to Big Trouble territory.
User avatar
jkw3000
EB Team
Posts: 23790
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:22 pm
Location: NYC

Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:24 pm

We get it Joe, Spielberg owns half the run. :wink:

Everybody who gets this won't be disappointed. Huge props to LL on the printing.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
Woo5lscott
Art Expert
Posts: 1274
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:16 am

Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:25 pm

Already packed up and out :clap: :notworthy:
Neo78956
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:37 am
Location: Atlanta, GA
Contact:

Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:35 pm

This has been the smoothest possible release of the best print of the year. I'm in awe of you guys. I ordered it an hour ago and there's already a shipping label. No one gets paper put the door faster (grade the print was already in hand, but still). Bottleneck has absolutely crushed it this year. Can't wait to finally see what that Two Towers print looks like soon, haha. Thanks, Joe!
User avatar
cotis
Art Expert
Posts: 4920
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: USA

Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:39 pm

how do you guys get off waiting an hour to print a label? why is it not done within 5 minutes? unreal.

better get your fudge together if you expect Bottleneck Prime to take off.
Last edited by cotis on Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
acidburn
Art Daddy
Posts: 9856
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:06 pm

Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:41 pm

Haha want to get them out the door before Wonder Woman comes in tmrw and David's online next week
User avatar
ccsmd598
Art Expert
Posts: 2067
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 5:33 pm

Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:45 pm

cotis wrote:how do you guys get off waiting an hour to print a label? why is it not done within 5 minutes? unreal.

better get your fudge together if you expect Bottleneck Prime to take off.
5000 Bottlebux for same-day Bottleneck drone delivery
Ya'll see the leprechaun say yaaaaaa!
User avatar
35mmpaul
Art Expert
Posts: 8587
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:40 pm
Location: NYC

Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:45 pm

acidburn wrote:Haha want to get them out the door before Wonder Woman comes in tmrw and David's online next week
josh only has so many pairs of hands.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
stuckeyc
Art Expert
Posts: 5575
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 1:00 am

Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:12 pm

Will there be more info on the welker open studio fri?
Image
User avatar
jkw3000
EB Team
Posts: 23790
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:22 pm
Location: NYC

Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:13 pm

Besides being Friday 11am-3pm? Usually the print list isn't out until just before opening.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
stuckeyc
Art Expert
Posts: 5575
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 1:00 am

Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:58 pm

Cash only? We need tubes? Shipping/hold at gallery an option?
Image
Post Reply