Bottleneck Gallery News/Rumors!

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
bryndavies
Art Expert
Posts: 9820
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:44 pm
Location: The Last Frontier

Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:09 pm

Woo5lscott wrote:
soam24 wrote:Ok I trust you.
If it was 5,000, that'd be different

Yeah. 500 is different from 5000. One's got an extra zero.
ImageT.K.C.
User avatar
dmm8878
Art Expert
Posts: 1983
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:00 am
Location: CT

Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:36 pm

soam24 wrote:The statue itself is awesome. I personally passed because of tickets this week, and I don't really collect anything aside from art. I'm sure others are in the same boat. "its cool but what am I going to do with it?" type deal
Not sure I get this argument. Last time I checked, sculpture was considered art. Rehashed movie posters on the other hand...
ottomatik71 wrote:Your punk ass attitude isn't going to help you get this print.
User avatar
canuck
Art Freak
Posts: 10954
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:23 pm
Location: US of A

Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:40 pm

Hippies
Image
User avatar
DickButt
Art Expert
Posts: 6944
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:12 pm
Location: NYC

Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:54 pm

soam24 wrote:The statue itself is awesome. I personally passed because of tickets this week, and I don't really collect anything aside from art. I'm sure others are in the same boat. "its cool but what am I going to do with it?" type deal
I didn't buy one, but I dunno...display it?
WaltJocketty
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 218
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:00 am

Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:27 pm

acidburn wrote:
WaltJocketty wrote:BNG has managed in a matter of months to destroy the Pollock hype that has followed Phish for decades.
Huh? Yea destroyed it.

A 95% sold show and 600 statues in a few day. Jims career is done.
Glad you made some money. Congrats.
User avatar
acidburn
Art Expert
Posts: 9400
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:06 pm

Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:33 pm

WaltJocketty wrote:
acidburn wrote:
WaltJocketty wrote:BNG has managed in a matter of months to destroy the Pollock hype that has followed Phish for decades.
Huh? Yea destroyed it.

A 95% sold show and 600 statues in a few day. Jims career is done.
Glad you made some money. Congrats.
Team effort. Thanks though.
stuckeyc
Art Expert
Posts: 5283
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 1:00 am

Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:38 pm

Huh? Old show pollocks are skyrocketing if you can get someone to come off them, they just had a very successful show (much better than the galleryf one imo) that got lots of unseen stuff into the eyes and hands of fans. Pollock is doing better now than he has in years.
Image
User avatar
dmm8878
Art Expert
Posts: 1983
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:00 am
Location: CT

Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:57 pm

stuckeyc wrote:Huh? Old show pollocks are skyrocketing if you can get someone to come off them, they just had a very successful show (much better than the galleryf one imo) that got lots of unseen stuff into the eyes and hands of fans. Pollock is doing better now than he has in years.
Truth. Even the value of the Astron print is spiking right now and that's been a straight line for years. Phish's legacy and Pollock's place in it hasn't been this respected and revered ever.
ottomatik71 wrote:Your punk ass attitude isn't going to help you get this print.
User avatar
jkw3000
EB Team
Posts: 22570
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:22 pm
Location: NYC

Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:59 pm

Image
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
User avatar
acidburn
Art Expert
Posts: 9400
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:06 pm

Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:03 pm

It also seems that he's been wanting to do more new work which is cool.
applehead
Art Expert
Posts: 2155
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 5:48 pm

Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:25 pm

acidburn wrote:It also seems that he's been wanting to do more new work which is cool.
That is cool. He was super quiet for a few years there. One year I'm pretty sure he didnt do a single Phish show print.
User avatar
35mmpaul
Art Expert
Posts: 8296
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:40 pm
Location: NYC

Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:45 pm

Huh? What are people angry at. I actually can't tell.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
applehead
Art Expert
Posts: 2155
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 5:48 pm

Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:55 pm

me and soam dont do casts of scultures. its clutter from my perspective, but definitely still art. i'm just the kind of guy that would prefer displaying crystals.

the other guy is angry at, well, i really cant put my finger on it. nor do i think he has an argument. i think bottleneck put on the best pollock show to date this past nye run. he basically had Jim walk naked into his studio and lay it all out there.
User avatar
35mmpaul
Art Expert
Posts: 8296
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:40 pm
Location: NYC

Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:30 am

Image
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
tomquinn
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 111
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:06 am

Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:34 am

This is shaping up to be a great one.
Post Reply