Bottleneck Gallery News/Rumors!

General art-related discussion.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:05 pm

mattkardish wrote:i sure hope you don't mean that i'm too old to play Mario Party 2
I still get blazed and play Mario Kart with the roomies on N64, but yes... yes you are. MP stinks compared to MK.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:09 pm

acidburn wrote:Yea he does all of his own seps. Each print looks like a painting.

:lol:

C'mon now. Let the art/artist speak for itself a little more brother. It's really ok if a few people are slightly critical of the art you sell.
cotis
Art Expert

Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:10 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:
acidburn wrote:Yea he does all of his own seps. Each print looks like a painting.

C'mon now. Let the art/artist speak for itself a little more brother. It's really ok if a few people are slightly critical of the art you sell.

defending Roman and OCE now spewing your garbage here.

banner day for you.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:12 pm

You mad bro?
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:13 pm

i dont think i've ever seen cody actually mad.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
jkw3000
EB Team

Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:16 pm

People can be critical...but do you expect other people to not defend it either?
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:18 pm

Just saying, I have a couple fitzie prints. Saying they look like actual paintings? Silliness.

Sorry, forgot this thread is only for rainblow ass blowing. Carry on.
jkw3000
EB Team

Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:23 pm

But seriously, what's the expected response? "Duuuh you're right, he does suck"? I'm not a Fitzgerald fan at all but I dunno what one would expect from telling a gallery that so and so is lame or whatever. Nobody's forcing anybody to only be blowing rainbows up the ass (usually you pay extra for that) but expecting them not to defend him is...I dunno, I'd be more confused if they didn't, frankly.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:25 pm

this was a good talk. getting alot done here.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:26 pm

*a lot
,)
So it goes...
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:27 pm

nah. i roll with alot.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:35 pm

jkw3000 wrote:But seriously, what's the expected response? "Duuuh you're right, he does suck"? I'm not a Fitzgerald fan at all but I dunno what one would expect from telling a gallery that so and so is lame or whatever. Nobody's forcing anybody to only be blowing rainbows up the ass (usually you pay extra for that) but expecting them not to defend him is...I dunno, I'd be more confused if they didn't, frankly.
IMO, Joe micromanages. It's what makes him *literally* one of the best in the business. But it is also a weakness. Again, just my opinion, but he actually calls out ANYONE who is the LEAST BIT critical of ANYTHING they do. Just go back and take a look. Sometimes, the best response is no response.

If you actually go back in this thread, (or had access to Bottleneck's books), you would see that I was/am one of their most ardent supporters, going back to release #1. FWIW.

As I've said before, it really comes down to those who adhere to the "if you can't say something nice..." tenet, vs. those who don't. Some people see me as a negative nelly who has nothing but bad things to say. That's perception. The REALITY is, I speak my mind, positive or negative. And it's more positive than negative, by a long shot.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:36 pm

35mmpaul wrote:nah. i roll with alot.
You and Danger should hang out.
cotis
Art Expert

Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:58 pm

35mmpaul wrote:i dont think i've ever seen cody actually mad.
certainly not over some EBer pressing dem keys.

:roll:
jkw3000
EB Team

Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:04 am

earlgreytoast wrote:
jkw3000 wrote:But seriously, what's the expected response? "Duuuh you're right, he does suck"? I'm not a Fitzgerald fan at all but I dunno what one would expect from telling a gallery that so and so is lame or whatever. Nobody's forcing anybody to only be blowing rainbows up the ass (usually you pay extra for that) but expecting them not to defend him is...I dunno, I'd be more confused if they didn't, frankly.
IMO, Joe micromanages. It's what makes him *literally* one of the best in the business. But it is also a weakness. Again, just my opinion, but he actually calls out ANYONE who is the LEAST BIT critical of ANYTHING they do. Just go back and take a look. Sometimes, the best response is no response.

If you actually go back in this thread, (or had access to Bottleneck's books), you would see that I was/am one of their most ardent supporters, going back to release #1. FWIW.

As I've said before, it really comes down to those who adhere to the "if you can't say something nice..." tenet, vs. those who don't. Some people see me as a negative nelly who has nothing but bad things to say. That's perception. The REALITY is, I speak my mind, positive or negative. And it's more positive than negative, by a long shot.
It's fine dude, I just don't agree with the best response being no response when we're also saying that people should be allowed to say something even if it's not nice. Either you can say anything - to be critical or to defend it - or you hold back, either in not responding or because you can't say something nice.

Besides, what did he say in this instance? "are we really discussing that an artist's style looks the same" "bad...k" and "he does his traps and seps, looks painterly". Maybe I'm just too busy enjoying these rainbows getting blown into my ass but that seems kinda mild in terms of call outs.

I just think it's fine to be critical so long as being able to respond to it is also fine. The quality of the criticism and its response may vary but it's a give and take in terms of these forum interactions.