Bottleneck Gallery News/Rumors!

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
hunterjax
Art Expert
Posts: 4531
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:40 am

Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:11 pm

AliRock110 wrote:I'd wait on the Switch, from what I read it's not ready for primetime just yet. Although it sounds like once they get it all the way up, it's gonna be a lot of fun.

http://kotaku.com/nintendo-switch-the-k ... 1792776350
yep, heard you are basically buying the beta version . . .
_____________
RambosRemodeler wrote:.........You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
Kramerica wrote: . . . . . Also, never listen to anything rambo says.
steve5635
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 138
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:21 pm

Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:12 pm

wish the kong prints would drop on Friday, easier for me to snag them
User avatar
acidburn
Art Expert
Posts: 9291
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:06 pm

Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:15 pm

steve5635 wrote:wish the kong prints would drop on Friday, easier for me to snag them
Forgot to add in the blog that on Saturday we will have a discounted matching number set
User avatar
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus
Posts: 52227
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:50 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:19 pm

Image Image Image
So it goes...
User avatar
DickButt
Art Expert
Posts: 6927
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:12 pm
Location: NYC

Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:20 pm

hunterjax wrote:
AliRock110 wrote:I'd wait on the Switch, from what I read it's not ready for primetime just yet. Although it sounds like once they get it all the way up, it's gonna be a lot of fun.

http://kotaku.com/nintendo-switch-the-k ... 1792776350
yep, heard you are basically buying the beta version . . .
You can find a review to fit any opinion. There are a slew of fantastic reviews for the Switch and then a bunch that highlight its flaws. I don't agree with a lot of that Kotaku review but I'm sure plenty of people do.
User avatar
FAMPart
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 997
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:04 pm
Contact:

Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:21 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:Fitzgerald a bit of a one trick pony eh?
I think it's what people have been asking from him. Give a little art direction and he'll give you something awesomely different. I really dig that second print.
Last edited by FAMPart on Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak
Posts: 18000
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:35 pm

Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:25 pm

FAMPart wrote:
RambosRemodeler wrote:Fitzgerald a bit of a one trick pony eh?
I think it's what people have been asking from him. Give a little art direction and he'll give you something different.
Someone should ask for something different. Every poster looks the same IMO.
Image
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
User avatar
AliRock110
Art Expert
Posts: 1294
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:41 pm

Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:34 pm

DickButt wrote:
hunterjax wrote:
AliRock110 wrote:I'd wait on the Switch, from what I read it's not ready for primetime just yet. Although it sounds like once they get it all the way up, it's gonna be a lot of fun.

http://kotaku.com/nintendo-switch-the-k ... 1792776350
yep, heard you are basically buying the beta version . . .
You can find a review to fit any opinion. There are a slew of fantastic reviews for the Switch and then a bunch that highlight its flaws. I don't agree with a lot of that Kotaku review but I'm sure plenty of people do.
IGN didn't love it either....
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/03/01/ ... tch-review

Even Gamespot which is essentially a mouthpiece for Gamestop is saying that the experience is not complete yet.
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ninten ... 0-6448303/

I'm sure that Nintendo is going to get it together and it looks like this is the next evolution in two player couch gaming. But this feels like the 3ds, where the system now is not what the system will be in a year.
steve5635
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 138
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:21 pm

Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:34 pm

acidburn wrote:
steve5635 wrote:wish the kong prints would drop on Friday, easier for me to snag them
Forgot to add in the blog that on Saturday we will have a discounted matching number set
AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH :x
User avatar
hunterjax
Art Expert
Posts: 4531
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:40 am

Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:37 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:
FAMPart wrote:
RambosRemodeler wrote:Fitzgerald a bit of a one trick pony eh?
I think it's what people have been asking from him. Give a little art direction and he'll give you something different.
Someone should ask for something different. Every poster looks the same IMO.
pretty hard to refute . . .and I like him, but . . .

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Image
_____________
RambosRemodeler wrote:.........You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
Kramerica wrote: . . . . . Also, never listen to anything rambo says.
User avatar
Kramerica
Art Freak
Posts: 13459
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:37 am
Location: Corner of 1st & 1st

Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:41 pm

You left off A New Hope, the best of the bunch IMO.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
User avatar
ajmmck
Art Expert
Posts: 2261
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:28 pm
Location: Australia

Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:41 pm

Movie must contain mist or cloud cover to do a poster
On that note, i think it works for Kong though.
User avatar
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert
Posts: 6597
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:48 pm
Location: Houston

Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:42 pm

^^ agreed w/ Kram. For that particular Star Wars the style worked perfectly and I love that poster, but it would be interesting to see him try to branch out and try some different stuff now. He obviously has the talent to do so.
User avatar
hunterjax
Art Expert
Posts: 4531
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:40 am

Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:43 pm

Kramerica wrote:You left off A New Hope, the best of the bunch IMO.
purposely left it out, because the Trooper is so much bigger and more defined/better rendered.

And I agree it's his best.
_____________
RambosRemodeler wrote:.........You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
Kramerica wrote: . . . . . Also, never listen to anything rambo says.
User avatar
Kramerica
Art Freak
Posts: 13459
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:37 am
Location: Corner of 1st & 1st

Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:46 pm

hunterjax wrote:
Kramerica wrote:You left off A New Hope, the best of the bunch IMO.
purposely left it out be because the Trooper is so much bigger and more defined/better rendered.

And I agree it's his best.
I think Empire is even better. Hopefully Jedi will follow suit. I like the darker take on the series. I don't think Disney would ever let that fly in licensed work.

As for the Kong prints, I think his style works really well with the other promotional material for the film. They all seem like great posters for the film, although I haven't actually seen it.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
Post Reply