Bottleneck Gallery News/Rumors!

General art-related discussion.
Trom
Art Enthusiast

Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:41 am

All three LD blade Runner prints are so unique and different. The final chess game illustration is a Masterpiece and a true testament of LD's vision and Amazing line work. I like the Variant best, but the true winner is the Laurent Durieux "No Expectation Boulevard" Aluminum Print. I cant wait to see the silver pop through this panel. Though pricey they are, this particular one will capture the density of the metal in an Amazing way.....Not like foil.
acidburn
Art Daddy

Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:14 am

Trom wrote:
All three LD blade Runner prints are so unique and different. The final chess game illustration is a Masterpiece and a true testament of LD's vision and Amazing line work. I like the Variant best, but the true winner is the Laurent Durieux "No Expectation Boulevard" Aluminum Print. I cant wait to see the silver pop through this panel. Though pricey they are, this particular one will capture the density of the metal in an Amazing way.....Not like foil.
i was going to post today...

Trom
Art Enthusiast

Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:19 am

I Love You!
acidburn
Art Daddy

Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:28 am

Trom wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:19 am
I Love You!
:heart:
jpfondu
Art Expert

Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:06 am

Trom wrote:
You save on framing costs at least :)

I slapped The Thing lenticular straight on the wall as soon as it came out the box.
Woo5lscott
Art Expert

Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:36 am

No credit block, no care
ethnosax
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:42 am

It really wasn't possible to align at least two of the titles, for people who want to hang these side by side? :-P

For me, I like "Boulevard" the best. Thematically, it's interesting to entirely remove the Deckard/Roy conflict and make the image all about Rachael. I like "Memories," because it's the one that's most purely illustration, without a clever gimmick. But the lower half of it feels too empty, and I find the blank faces odd. The chess game is too much of a gimmick for me. It's a beautiful illustration, and I'd like it fine as just that. Honestly, if there was an option to buy a set of all the concept prints, I'd 100% go for that.
isildursbane
Art Enthusiast

Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:03 pm

Snagged a variant after missing out yesterday
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:04 pm

+ cuatro! Super stoked. Thanks BNG!
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
onesheet
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:05 pm

isildursbane wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:03 pm
Snagged a variant after missing out yesterday
Tried to do the same, but it was gone by the time I even got to the checkout.
jpfondu
Art Expert

Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:08 pm

You boys must be rapid. I used gift cards and the old checkout trick and missed. I need to take some Shopify classes. 😁

Great drop though.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:54 pm

ethnosax wrote:
It really wasn't possible to align at least two of the titles, for people who want to hang these side by side? :-P
i sure hope anyone coming over to see that scenario would question 'why do you have 3 blade runner posters hanging up at once' first.

i say contemplating which one(s) i want to snag.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
jvwoodford
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:46 pm

ethnosax wrote:

For me, I like "Boulevard" the best. Thematically, it's interesting to entirely remove the Deckard/Roy conflict and make the image all about Rachael. I like "Memories," because it's the one that's most purely illustration, without a clever gimmick. But the lower half of it feels too empty, and I find the blank faces odd. The chess game is too much of a gimmick for me. It's a beautiful illustration, and I'd like it fine as just that. Honestly, if there was an option to buy a set of all the concept prints, I'd 100% go for that.
I think visually they flow well as a set: you have the lower Memories placement, the higher Chess placement (which seems to have always been considered a centre piece of the three), and then the lower Boulevard placement to form a nice symmetry.
ethnosax
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:00 pm

jvwoodford wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:46 pm
ethnosax wrote:

I think visually they flow well as a set: you have the lower Memories placement, the higher Chess placement (which seems to have always been considered a centre piece of the three), and then the lower Boulevard placement to form a nice symmetry.
It would be symmetry if Memories and Boulevard were aligned. Otherwise, I think this is the very definition of "asymmetrical." ;)

As for questioning having three BR prints on the wall... [silently contemplates how many BR posters are on the wall even now...]
jvwoodford
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:11 am

will the unicorn on the variant Memories In Green have any special finish? It appears different to the regular colour, similar to the aluminium.