Bottleneck Gallery News/Rumors!

General art-related discussion.
acidburn
Art Daddy

Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:42 pm

I've noticed it's more of the newer guys that aren't used to it.
jmagee87
Art Expert

Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:43 pm

DrewJ gonna DrewJ
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
lujborg
Art Expert

Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:58 pm

acidburn wrote:I've noticed it's more of the newer guys that aren't used to it.

JUST LAY BACK AND LET IT HAPPEN
I'm here for the oil palm breeding (international society member, since 2003)
PhishTaylorNYE
Art Enthusiast

Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:43 pm

butter80 wrote:Are Welker fans really turning into Spustards status? The FB group after drop days is very entertaining.
The entitlement is strong in that one. The pre-drop butthurt for Maze is kind of incredible. Im not sure i've ever seen such early onset butthurt before. Anyone else? Someone said they wanted registered #s for Maze. What the drymount does that even mean?
BB8
Art Connoisseur

Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:46 pm

PhishTaylorNYE wrote:
butter80 wrote:Are Welker fans really turning into Spustards status? The FB group after drop days is very entertaining.
The entitlement is strong in that one. The pre-drop butthurt for Maze is kind of incredible. Im not sure i've ever seen such early onset butthurt before. Anyone else? Someone said they wanted registered #s for Maze. What the drymount does that even mean?
When galleries track the number of a print to a name. SO that, sometimes, they can can who is reselling a print and thus track how often a buyer has been a reseller.... and then decide if they want to sell to that person anymore....

A lot of effort for no good reason
PhishTaylorNYE
Art Enthusiast

Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:54 pm

BB8 wrote:
PhishTaylorNYE wrote:
When galleries track the number of a print to a name. SO that, sometimes, they can can who is reselling a print and thus track how often a buyer has been a reseller.... and then decide if they want to sell to that person anymore....

A lot of effort for no good reason
What you described doesn't sound like something that would help this person get his Maze. I think this dude is imagining a scenario where he is registered beforehand as a confirmed buyer/non-flipper of sorts. I could be wrong. Either way it's absurd... Now about my registered number, Joe.
bryndavies
Art Expert

Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:59 pm

What happened to maze 3.0 being a timed edition so everyone with mound butt hurt could get a copy?
ImageT.K.C.
stuckeyc
Art Expert

Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:59 pm

Hope it's a huge edition with proceeds going to waterwheel

I have mound butthurt mostly because how it was released. I find rubbing it on my rift helps immensely
Last edited by stuckeyc on Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bryndavies
Art Expert

Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Also, Facebook EBers might be the worst.
ImageT.K.C.
acidburn
Art Daddy

Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:01 pm

bryndavies wrote:What happened to maze 3.0 being a timed edition so everyone with mound butt hurt could get a copy?
Change of plans.
bryndavies
Art Expert

Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:03 pm

I won't pretend to know the business strategy behind that, but I'm sure it's reasoned.
ImageT.K.C.
stuckeyc
Art Expert

Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:04 pm

acidburn wrote:
bryndavies wrote:What happened to maze 3.0 being a timed edition so everyone with mound butt hurt could get a copy?
Change of plans.
In person new years event?
aldobishalini
Art Expert

Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:07 pm

Aside from the artwork being pretty cool, why is Welker so highly desired? Not crazy about his style, but he seems to create tons of hype on his drops.

I've been collecting for about 2 years now, so the history of some of these popular artists interests me.

Cheers!
BISHALINI.com (My Collection) Image

“Weather forecast for tonight: dark. Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning.”
soam24
Art Freak

Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:08 pm

If I have maze tattooed on me am I entitled to a print? Asking for myself.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:18 pm

aldobishalini wrote:Aside from the artwork being pretty cool, why is Welker so highly desired? Not crazy about his style, but he seems to create tons of hype on his drops.

I've been collecting for about 2 years now, so the history of some of these popular artists interests me.

Cheers!
You can make this statement about any artist. The answer is: "art is subjective"

But he does have a long history, especially as it relates to phish.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH