Bottleneck Gallery News/Rumors!

General art-related discussion.
fantasticninja
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:47 pm

TBH when I read what he said I imagined Japanese people in a field working on their rice crops. I guess we all have different point of views. Maybe I just watch a lot of Japanese cinema.
dmm8878
Art Expert

Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:39 am

I wouldn't say the word "slavery" is "protected". You are free to say "Slavery is bad", "It's a shame that America tolerated slavery", "Who's in favor of slavery? Not me."

(I'm stoned and I feel like I need to spell this out). Saying "slaving the fields" to describe a normal job in 2023 is a bit much (assuming you're not actually enslaved, nor were your ancestors.)
ottomatik71 wrote:Your punk ass attitude isn't going to help you get this print.
lebantz
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:55 am

I have heard that phrase used widely by everyone and never gave it much thought. Same with Master\Slave in hardware and coding terms. Just read several programming languages replaced them in the last 5 years. I dont have any problem with that but the terms master and slave have existed since the dawn of humans. The phrase in question most likely predates American Slavery. The relationship started with cavemen who were probably masters over their women. My one and done haha
dmm8878
Art Expert

Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:03 am

lebantz wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:55 am
I have heard that phrase used widely by everyone and never gave it much thought. Same with Master\Slave in hardware and coding terms. Just read several programming languages replaced them in the last 5 years. I dont have any problem with that but the terms master and slave have existed since the dawn of humans. The phrase in question most likely predates American Slavery. The relationship started with cavemen who were probably masters over their women. My one and done haha
I invite you to walk into a room of black folks and describe how you're "slaving it". Am I really having this conversation?
ottomatik71 wrote:Your punk ass attitude isn't going to help you get this print.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:25 am

dmm8878 wrote:
Am I really having this conversation?
you actually started it ....

while I can relate with the relationship- put this in your mind, some people who work 7 days a week, 10 hours a day for about 5 years straight to pay off medical bills, that if this country had any freaking sense would have national health care, might be felt as form of modern day personal slavery

always about other people - right?
3 freaking words !!!! embarassed for me? embarased for you dude

so tired of this weak minded mentality- always looking for a right for a fight

how dare a white person use a reference to slavery!! I've never understood the viewpoint of why black people can call each other a name, but if utilized by a white person all hell breaks loose --- its bad both ways. :roll:

if people actually did something than flap lips on an internet forums, things would get better faster -- but no, let's shred hairs and stir it up, creating division!!! (dmm could have sent a simple PM vs wanting to stir)

Love all you perfect people

in the end - if it offended you, was not the intent, more so, present life challenges and I'm too old for this drama

sorry bottleneck - I won't trash this thread any further with a simple remark sitting on the toilet before work.

mods - please consider extracting these posts from BNG thread, sorry
timc
Art Expert

Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:23 am

Grateful69Phish wrote:
dmm8878 wrote:

while I can relate with the relationship- put this in your mind, some people who work 7 days a week, 10 hours a day for about 5 years straight to pay off medical bills, that if this country had any freaking sense would have national health care, might be felt as form of modern day personal slavery

how dare a white person use a reference to slavery!! I've never understood the viewpoint of why black people can call each other a name, but if utilized by a white person all hell breaks loose --- its bad both ways. :roll:

if people actually did something than flap lips on an internet forums, things would get better faster -- but no, let's shred hairs and stir it up, creating division!!! (dmm could have sent a simple PM vs wanting to stir)

in the end - if it offended you, was not the intent, more so, present life challenges and I'm too old for this drama

sorry bottleneck - I won't trash this thread any further with a simple remark sitting on the toilet before work.

:clap:
Everything woke turns to fudge.
America First.
https://lowfshop.com/
cotis
Art Expert

Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:33 am

HOPE EVERYONE LIKES THEIR MYSTERY TUBES IF YOU WANNA TRADE STUFF FROM THEM GO TO MONDOHUB GROUP ON FACEBOOK
RPuzio77
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:58 am

Grateful69Phish wrote:
dmm8878 wrote:

Amen
acidburn
Art Daddy

Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:01 pm

Don’t think anything needs to be extracted? Civil conversations are good
fantasticninja
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:39 pm

Arab nations owned 10 times more slaves than the US ever did, and there's more slaves today than at the height of slavery a few hundred years ago. Don't get me started on the nation and King of Dahomey. HAPPY SATURDAY EVERYONE!
timc
Art Expert

Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:54 pm

fantasticninja wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:39 pm
Arab nations owned 10 times more slaves than the US ever did, and there's more slaves today than at the height of slavery a few hundred years ago. Don't get me started on the nation and King of Dahomey. HAPPY SATURDAY EVERYONE!
Bingo.
Everything woke turns to fudge.
America First.
https://lowfshop.com/
Cinemology
Art Enthusiast

Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:16 am

Clearly the pro-“I should be able to compare anything to slavery” group is not arguing in good faith at all. The argument against it suggests a small forfeiture of alleged “freedom” to collectively cause a potential change. One person not comparing making art for low money or working long hours to slavery helps to cease the minimization of the horrors of slavery, both historical American, the contributions of African warlords, and of course modern day slavery. To enter into “whataboutism” equating or comparing the enslavement of Africans in America to the other forms or factors of slavery does nothing to prove that your word choice has no impact. In fact, by doing so you’ve done more to prove why we should avoid such needless comparisons in the first place. It takes small mental energy to make the adjustment in language, it’s why we’ve all collectively agreed that derogatory terms like the N word, the R word, or other terms historically used to denigrate protected classes- while technically are not an arrest-able offense, are at least terms that we’ve deemed offensive. So-called “woke-ness” is an acknowledgement of the harms of accepting and continuing the status quo. Certain words can have impact, can help to separate humans into class and race identifiers that have no meaningful impact on others other than denigration and further separation. Slavery is one of those, for the very reasons you’ve listed.
Brought to you by Richmond, Virginia Tourism!
guryter
Art Expert

Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:28 am

Cinemology wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:16 am
Clearly the pro-“I should be able to compare anything to slavery” group is not arguing in good faith at all. The argument against it suggests a small forfeiture of alleged “freedom” to collectively cause a potential change. One person not comparing making art for low money or working long hours to slavery helps to cease the minimization of the horrors of slavery, both historical American, the contributions of African warlords, and of course modern day slavery. To enter into “whataboutism” equating or comparing the enslavement of Africans in America to the other forms or factors of slavery does nothing to prove that your word choice has no impact. In fact, by doing so you’ve done more to prove why we should avoid such needless comparisons in the first place. It takes small mental energy to make the adjustment in language, it’s why we’ve all collectively agreed that derogatory terms like the N word, the R word, or other terms historically used to denigrate protected classes- while technically are not an arrest-able offense, are at least terms that we’ve deemed offensive. So-called “woke-ness” is an acknowledgement of the harms of accepting and continuing the status quo. Certain words can have impact, can help to separate humans into class and race identifiers that have no meaningful impact on others other than denigration and further separation. Slavery is one of those, for the very reasons you’ve listed.
Goddamn I love it when someone comes in and expresses the point so drymounting well that all I need to do is quote them and throw up some hands :notworthy:

(this space left intentionally blank)

SIDENOTE: Anyone know what happened to mistersmith? That man was my ebeans crush. Hope all the best things in life are his to enjoy.
Stingers wrote:If you can't get it up eat less fudge, excersise and stop being a kitten.
john38103 wrote:All gin every thing. drymount all you hoes.
Relax, I honestly don't give a fudge.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:38 pm

Well said. Hard to preach unity while minimizing the struggles of historically (and currently) disenfranchised populations.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
jkw3000
EB Team

Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:58 pm

https://bottleneckgallery.com/blogs/new ... -sale-info

Chef Bear by Fnnch
Solid resin figure
8.5 inches tall
Limited edition of 300
$150
Available via FNNCH.TOYS!

Neo-Tokyo by Eren Arik
Giclee
16 x 24 inches
Hand-numbered edition of 100
$45

Neo-Tokyo - Variant by Eren Arik
Giclee
16 x 24 inches
Hand-numbered edition of 50
$55

Neo-Tokyo - Titled Variant by Eren Arik
Giclee
16 x 24 inches
Hand-numbered edition of 50
$55

Thanks for the adventure by Mark Chilcott
Giclee
24 x 12 inches
Hand-numbered edition of 125
$50
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.