Bottleneck Gallery News/Rumors!

General art-related discussion.
rubberneck
Art God

Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:18 pm

celloman85 wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:07 pm
How much longer will Jack Gregory's 'Boarding Party' be in production? Any ETA on it being en route soon? Curious to see how the foil print job turned out.
Their status page

https://bottleneckgallery.com/pages/shipping-updates
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
celloman85
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:38 pm

rubberneck wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:18 pm
celloman85 wrote:
How much longer will Jack Gregory's 'Boarding Party' be in production? Any ETA on it being en route soon? Curious to see how the foil print job turned out.
Their status page

https://bottleneckgallery.com/pages/shipping-updates
I'm aware of this page which is how I knew the current status. My question was regarding it not moving in status for months (and if that's normal). I get the page is created to minimize questions about shipping but I was curious.
cmatthews11
Art Expert

Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:02 pm

acidburn wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:16 pm
cmatthews11 wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:37 pm
Jurassic Park lenticular landed today - the best one yet IMO. I do find it a little difficult to see the two images fully/individually, if that makes sense. Seems like you have to look at it more diagonally than going from side-to-side.

Remodeling my basement in a few months, have a spot picked out to rotate one lenticular at a time.
glad you like it. Did you get the kong one too? The Kong I think might be the best we've sold with the actual popoff. The file we had for it was on some other level.

With JP yea its more about the 3d change
I did not, but the gif makes it look outstanding - I just didn't like the movie that much. The Avengers one looks great too.
acidburn
Art Daddy

Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:42 am

celloman85 wrote:
This, Justice League and Englert's Red light print are printing with Burlesque. They moved right before we started and were on schedule but then the paper shortage delayed things.

They should all be here over the next few weeks hopefully. Not waiting to ship all together. Just going to do it separate.
I did not, but the gif makes it look outstanding - I just didn't like the movie that much. The Avengers one looks great too.
The water on it just comes right off.
bottleneck is great. keep it up
thank you :pint:

And BTTF shoulddd be done next Friday but have to arrange that signing.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:22 pm

Didn’t realize y’all had stuff printed with burlesque.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
acidburn
Art Daddy

Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:32 pm

we work with basically every poster printer with the exception of 1 or 2. Between digital and screen, we have 8 printers for the nycc releases
KSUvet
Art Expert

Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:09 pm

Well, it seems that none of my IG links are going to work, but I got the JP lenticular in yesterday. Unfortunately it had two holes in the protective plastic and seems kind of scuffed, but I still had to try it in the light box. Pretty damn cool. Avengers was supposed to come today, but I guess it got bumped to Mon now. :(

Edit: Actually, Avengers did show up. Posted a video of that too, but no idea how to make it work on EB right now.
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
Bluecow
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:19 am

Avengers lenticular arrived today. Looks great, really happy to have it. I almost missed that the COA was in a pouch on the outside of the package instead of inside with the print.
acidburn
Art Daddy

Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:21 pm

KSUvet wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:09 pm
Well, it seems that none of my IG links are going to work, but I got the JP lenticular in yesterday. Unfortunately it had two holes in the protective plastic and seems kind of scuffed, but I still had to try it in the light box. Pretty damn cool. Avengers was supposed to come today, but I guess it got bumped to Mon now. :(

Edit: Actually, Avengers did show up. Posted a video of that too, but no idea how to make it work on EB right now.
did you email us about the jp? if not shoot us an email
jkw3000
EB Team

Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:35 pm

https://bottleneckgallery.com/blogs/new ... -sale-info

Batman
Giclee
13 x 19 inches
Hand-numbered edition of 200
$40 / Set: $110

Superman
Giclee
13 x 19 inches

Wonder Woman
Giclee
13 x 19 inches
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
ADKspartan

Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:33 pm

Bunch of Pablo Olivera prints dropped today. They went fast. Was able to snag a Book of Boba Fett variant and an Iron Man aluminum. Excited to get it. Anyone have any good recommendations for framing metal pints? Too many to display, but hit the link to see them all. Lots of great work.

https://bottleneckgallery.com/blogs/new ... -sale-info
Bluecow
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:05 pm

cmatthews11 wrote:
Jurassic Park lenticular landed today - the best one yet IMO. I do find it a little difficult to see the two images fully/individually, if that makes sense. Seems like you have to look at it more diagonally than going from side-to-side.

Remodeling my basement in a few months, have a spot picked out to rotate one lenticular at a time.
Looking at the Avengers lenticular, I know what you mean, but I noticed that the farther away from the print you are the easier it is to see the individual images. The closer you are the more images blend together.
cmatthews11
Art Expert

Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:04 pm

Bluecow wrote:
cmatthews11 wrote:

Looking at the Avengers lenticular, I know what you mean, but I noticed that the farther away from the print you are the easier it is to see the individual images. The closer you are the more images blend together.
Thanks for this, likely very valid from my experience as I was fairly close when looking at it. Cheers! :pint:
KSUvet
Art Expert

Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:10 pm

Bluecow wrote:
cmatthews11 wrote:

I literally just discovered this yesterday. I'm not sure the physics behind it, but it's true.
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
acidburn
Art Daddy

Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:01 am

Oh yea def. You have to look at it 4-6 feet away