Bottleneck Gallery News/Rumors!

General art-related discussion.
guryter
Art Expert

Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:09 pm

Posting to get to a new page that doesn't take a minute to scroll through.
Stingers wrote:If you can't get it up eat less fudge, excersise and stop being a kitten.
john38103 wrote:All gin every thing. drymount all you hoes.
Relax, I honestly don't give a fudge.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:11 pm

jkw3000 wrote:
hunterjax wrote:Is there a RobertCop variant?
No but there is a remake variant that's already pre-lit-on-fire-and-in-the-trash for you.

One of the very few times I'll be gunning for a foil. The "Part Man, Part Machine, All Cop" tagline is one of the greatest taglines in film ever, IMO.
cotis
Art Expert

Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:18 pm

holy fudge reading that article made my head hurt.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:22 pm

cotis wrote:holy fudge reading that article made my head hurt.
RoboCop Painting Poster Print
Art Enthusiast

Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:41 pm

Really wish we could see the variants printed. I want one but it sounds tricky to execute with both the car and Robocop supposed to be foil.
DickButt
Art Expert

Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:43 pm

That guy did a terrible job selling these prints. Started to read like a DHM email.
ajmmck
Art Expert

Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:07 pm

I thought there was more of a back story to this aswell given Ishmael on the job, may have missed something...
EgoDeath
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:13 pm

What's with the logo stamp on the variant?

BNG always gets so close then throws an unexpected typographic wrench in all their stuff that misses the mark. The "John Carpenter's" in standard "I'm Writing a Book Report and need a title" Cooperplate Gothic font on top of the shoved on top of Halloween title, all the illegible the Bladerunner fonts that look like they are from one of those "thousand free fonts" CD's from the 90's.... putting their web url on prints...
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:01 pm

cool story bro.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
EgoDeath
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:21 pm

Thanks! Wait 'til you hear the next chapter about how titles without credit blocks look stupid.
acidburn
Art Daddy

Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:58 pm

EgoDeath wrote:Image

BNG always gets so close then throws an unexpected typographic wrench in all their stuff that misses the mark. The "John Carpenter's" in standard "I'm Writing a Book Report and need a title" Cooperplate Gothic font on top of the shoved on top of Halloween title, all the illegible the Bladerunner fonts that look like they are from one of those "thousand free fonts" CD's from the 90's.... putting their web url on prints...
It was mandatory in order to do this release by MGM.

The title is the exact asset for robocop and we hardly ever put our url or name on any print we ever print. If its there its artist choice and its very rare. I also feel like we hardly brand ourselves to be honest.

But yea its either we put a robocop logo on the lower left hand side or ditch the project. We chose the logo.
jkw3000
EB Team

Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:19 pm

I mean licensing's been a reasonable thing to assume for a lot of these things, like needing to go with Indiana Jones before Raiders.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
ccsmd598
Art Expert

Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:16 pm

Not really, all those releases were pretty dope #nomondonohype

BNG puts all these crazy awesome releases on a silver platter (timed Struzans, unreleased Halloween original prints, etc) and there is hardly every any real buzz or hype from the same EBers who fudge their panties over the same boring-ass Matt Taylor Marvel releases
Ya'll see the leprechaun say yaaaaaa!
nottyplay1
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:23 pm

ccsmd598 wrote:

then is a content/audience issue

BNG puts all these crazy awesome releases on a silver platter (timed Struzans, unreleased Halloween original prints, etc) and there is hardly every any real buzz or hype from the same EBers who fudge their panties over the same boring-ass Matt Taylor Marvel releases
ifonly216
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:25 pm

ccsmd598 wrote:

" time wounds all the heals"