Bottleneck Gallery News/Rumors!

General art-related discussion.
lebantz
Art Connoisseur

Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:10 pm

It was atypical. Usually you can least make it to a payment screen and then get rejected after shipping or hitting pay now. The site normally takes several seconds to update the item as "sold out". There was no buffer. When there is such a small number available bots become more noticeable. They are the only ones winning. Hell ChatGPT will write you a great bot in selenium, do you want to risk getting caught? I dont but there are plenty who dont care or assume multiple identities. The old days of poster drops are numbered for me. You can find plenty of tutorials that directly target mondo or bng. Detection isnt simple. Its complex and constantly evolving.

One example that is some what unrelated they designed an Aimbot for FPS that automatically manipulates a physical mouse that is using inputs based off live screen capture video. Undetectable aside from the accuracy which can be programmed to create flaw.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:13 pm

super bot - don't really understand why those orders aren't just rejected for obvious manipulation, permanent ban of address

same story different day

dropping 10 copies is a failed recipe to start ....
crujonez
Art Connoisseur

Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:28 pm

lebantz wrote:
It was atypical. Usually you can least make it to a payment screen and then get rejected after shipping or hitting pay now. The site normally takes several seconds to update the item as "sold out". There was no buffer. When there is such a small number available bots become more noticeable. They are the only ones winning. Hell ChatGPT will write you a great bot in selenium, do you want to risk getting caught? I dont but there are plenty who dont care or assume multiple identities. The old days of poster drops are numbered for me. You can find plenty of tutorials that directly target mondo or bng. Detection isnt simple. Its complex and constantly evolving.

One example that is some what unrelated they designed an Aimbot for FPS that automatically manipulates a physical mouse that is using inputs based off live screen capture video. Undetectable aside from the accuracy which can be programmed to create flaw.
ok wasn't just me. Def atypical drop. I am over it as I got a regular
onesheet
Art Connoisseur

Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:18 pm

Kramerica wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:20 pm
jpfondu wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:25 am
That variant. Missed the LD group and bbux. Public will be brutal.
This was me. Didn't manage to cop during any of the presales. Wasn't able to try during the general due to work.
This was me as well. Bummed, but I guess that's what the secondary market is for.
jkw3000
EB Team

Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:37 pm

https://bottleneckgallery.com/blogs/new ... -sale-info

I Think You Should Leave by Dave Perillo
Screen print
18 x 24 inches
Hand-numbered edition of 150
$50

I Think You Should Leave - Dan Flashes Foil Variant by Dave Perillo
Screen print on foil paper
18 x 24 inches
Hand-numbered edition of 75
$60
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
papaver
Tech Team Member

Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:04 pm

has a joan cornellà feel to it...
ajmmck
Art Expert

Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:51 pm

`Tables
acidburn
Art Daddy

Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:39 pm

lebantz wrote:

Promise it wasn’t bots for this or wasnt a major factor in the sellout. It was just more allocating to different areas and it not being a bigger edition. A lot of you guys went for the Variant that was just smaller in general. Regular had more for the general sale.

- Was up for a bit in Laurent’s group the day before. Metal was actually sold out last I think.

- Bottlebux email, I know it can be delayed with certain domains, but that was also up for a little longer then general

-general is general and more proned to botting.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:10 am

not debating just reporting what I witnessed

it sold out INSTANTLY
if it dropped at noon it was not possible to click that fast

it showed up right at noon- instantly refreshes to sold out, less than 1 seconds

change it up - make people click to different screens to reach release page
stuckeyc
Art Expert

Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:27 am

Everything was available when I got the bottlebux and Hotmail is usually pretty slow. Can't get everything
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:26 am

stuckeyc wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:27 am
Everything was available when I got the bottlebux and Hotmail is usually pretty slow. Can't get everything

general release - not BB, not the only one who took note
totally agree - but it's more like can't get anything, worth more than a cheeseburger, unless you have a trick these days

zero worries :pint:
acidburn
Art Daddy

Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:18 am

I obv do my best on certain releases to reward ppl who follow artists and buy from us.

Next week is Masthays Garcia and there will be an early email for that to previous buyers
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:52 am

acidburn wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:18 am
I obv do my best on certain releases to reward ppl who follow artists and buy from us.

Next week is Masthays Garcia and there will be an early email for that to previous buyers
you're spectacular and nobody compares
acidburn
Art Daddy

Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:40 am

:heart:

going to send out an email today to that list
jkw3000
EB Team

Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:51 pm

35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.