Bottleneck Gallery News/Rumors!

General art-related discussion.
Noah0189
Art Expert

Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:18 pm

acidburn wrote:brings horrific memories of when my theater boss made me dress up as spiderman for the opening weekend in 2002.

Was one of those bootleg Spidermans that looked like a luchador and showed my excuse for a bulge.
Hahah! Might make this my new sig.
acidburn wrote:...Was one of those bootleg Spidermans that looked like a luchador and showed my excuse for a bulge.
mlwells04
Art Expert

Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:18 pm

acidburn wrote:Image

ill get pics of the foil today

This looks amazing! Tomorrow should be fun :hanging:
MJGallicchio
Art Expert

Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:24 pm

acidburn wrote:
jayper wrote:Holy drymount!

Do we know pricing for these yet?!? Friday is going to be a fudge show.
so itll be an edition of 125 foil @45 and a regular paper edition of 30 @ 45.
Is this right? Unless I'm reading this wrong, this suprises me. I assumed that the foil would be more limited and cost more. I'm not complaining, just curious.
acidburn
Art Daddy

Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:28 pm

MJGallicchio wrote:
acidburn wrote:

Is this right? Unless I'm reading this wrong, this suprises me. I assumed that the foil would be more limited and cost more. I'm not complaining, just curious.
nope not reading it wrong. Print was meant to be a foil print. The regular edition is basically for the "FOIL IS AN ABOMINATION. GO BACK TO HELL" crowd that seems to pop up from time to time. Not to be confused with the "DOWN WITH GLOW" crowd.
MJGallicchio
Art Expert

Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:31 pm

acidburn wrote:
MJGallicchio wrote:
acidburn wrote:

nope not reading it wrong. Print was meant to be a foil print. The regular edition is basically for the "FOIL IS AN ABOMINATION. GO BACK TO HELL" crowd that seems to pop up from time to time. Not to be confused with the "DOWN WITH GLOW" crowd.
Wow. I guess I should really be surprised. Once again, Acidfree is putting the customer first and giving the people what they want. :clap:
jkw3000
EB Team

Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:33 pm

MJGallicchio wrote:
acidburn wrote:
Wow. I guess I should really be surprised. Once again, Acidfree is putting the customer first and giving the people what they want. :clap:
I'll support this statement as soon as he breaks out the Spider-Man costume again for a show... :wink:
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
mattkardish
Art Expert

Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:27 pm

already prepared for the flip tomorrow because chances are ill get pulled into some stupid meeting. bring on the aftermarket
Nemesis01
Art Expert

Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:34 pm

Somehow just hearing about this Akira print now...are the pictures shown here the final ones? There is no title block or anything? Always wanted something related to Akira on my wall, and since I probably won't be able to afford the Stout one I am thinking of going for this...kinda hoped it would have a Title block on it though for some reason.
acidburn
Art Daddy

Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:38 pm

jkw3000
EB Team

Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:43 pm

NOICE.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
OtomoChaser
Art Expert

Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:47 pm

Nemesis01 wrote:Somehow just hearing about this Akira print now...are the pictures shown here the final ones? There is no title block or anything? Always wanted something related to Akira on my wall, and since I probably won't be able to afford the Stout one I am thinking of going for this...kinda hoped it would have a Title block on it though for some reason.
The pics are the final version - Chris wanted to go for a pure Art Print aesthetic rather than a Movie poster, and for both him and the gallery it's safer to air on the side of caution when it comes to sticking a Title block on a piece of fan art.
Personally, I prefer this piece without Titles, as it gives the artwork more room to breathe and the close resemblance to Otomo's visual style looks much nicer to me without a huge logo or text.

There's plenty of nice little references and the famous katakana logo dotted around as graffiti, though, which I think works better and makes it feel like a cel.

The title block on Stout is ok.....but such a small addition as to make very little overall difference.

For me, if I want a title block badly then I'd go for the original 1-sheet - or you could go for SilenceTV's piece, which has some of what you're after (and only costs two or three hundred dollars)

Good luck at the drop!

Check back a page or two for a video of the foil effect - i think you'll love the piece even more and feel less disappointed about the lack of credits. It's stunning.

Edit: here's the link to the video of the foil, to save you time backtracking through the thread. :cheers:

https://vid.me/LDUe
Last edited by OtomoChaser on Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.
VROOOOM!!! TETSUOOOO!!! Image
アキラ
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:48 pm

Got shipping notice for deih already. :shock: Joe you guys are on point! Appreciate it brother. :cheers:
So it goes...
acidburn
Art Daddy

Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:55 pm

mfaith wrote:Got shipping notice for deih already. :shock: Joe you guys are on point! Appreciate it brother. :cheers:

all Josh. :D

Starting to post previews in the event section...

Nate Bear

DeadHand
Art Expert

Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:58 pm

I like the spoon's expression.

:D to 0-0
Last edited by DeadHand on Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scottjohnston
Art Expert

Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:58 pm

acidburn wrote:Image
Doodles with all orders Joe? :wink: