Bottleneck Gallery News/Rumors!

General art-related discussion.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:51 am

Pointing out people's childish inability to unpack a tube is the same as ass kissing...got it.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
DickButt
Art Expert

Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:27 am

35mmpaul wrote:Pointing out people's childish inability to unpack a tube is the same as ass kissing...got it.
No one's blowing anything out of proportion. It's just opinions. No need to fly in and save the day.
acidburn
Art Daddy

Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:55 am

Tapegate lol

Forgot exactly when but we used to not have tape at all for a while. Then a few of you wrote on here about it and then we put it on so we definitely do listen.

Not sure if many of you know but Josh is our master shipper. He's really the only one that rolls every single print and he is amazing at it as you see when it comes to damage rates and stuff.

Logistically our goal is to get you these prints as fast as possible. We seriously have never received an email about it. Only saw it a couple times on here so to change a whole process right away..idk? For the time being, if you have issues with taking off tape, just put it in the note section and we'll do our best to make a flap. Maybe as we continue to grow and have extra people helping we can do all tubes.
ChrisV
Art Expert

Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:05 am

acidburn wrote:Tapegate lol

Forgot exactly when but we used to not have tape at all for a while. Then a few of you wrote on here about it and then we put it on so we definitely do listen.

Not sure if many of you know but Josh is our master shipper. He's really the only one that rolls every single print and he is amazing at it as you see when it comes to damage rates and stuff.

Logistically our goal is to get you these prints as fast as possible. We seriously have never received an email about it. Only saw it a couple times on here so to change a whole process right away..idk? For the time being, if you have issues with taking off tape, just put it in the note section and we'll do our best to make a flap. Maybe as we continue to grow and have extra people helping we can do all tubes.
No flaps, no business! #AlternativeFlaps #Flapgate #Russia :lol:
pittidesart
Art Expert

Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:20 am

Ive shipped more tubes than I can count and NEVER use tape. I dont know what the fuss is about , the only damage reports I get are from actual USPS destruction and me not payign attention and either dinging a corner or gorilla grip due to me again not paying attention.
Official website: http://www.pittidesart.com
mattkardish
Art Expert

Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:20 am

DickButt wrote:
35mmpaul wrote:Pointing out people's childish inability to unpack a tube is the same as ass kissing...got it.
No one's blowing anything out of proportion. It's just opinions. No need to fly in and save the day.
kid's been sleeping in a lawn chair for the past 4 days...cut him some slack :lol: almost there Paul!
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:47 am

T. Pit get that no tape talk out of here! You have maybe shipped, what, 5000 prints? That's a decent month for BNG. It's been well established that taping to a smaller diameter than the tube is going to save most damage that can occur when a tube gets dinged.

Next you're going to tell us that you don't cut the craft to the length of the tube. :P

IT'S 2017 GIVE US TAPE FLAPS
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
ccsmd598
Art Expert

Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:09 am

I just take my prints down to the local nail salon in the not-so-nice part of town. They'll take care of that tape for ya in a quick second.
Ya'll see the leprechaun say yaaaaaa!
cotis
Art Expert

Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:49 am

you can prob find a Flapper on craigslist to help.

or backpage.
padelimike
Art Connoisseur

Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:58 am

I thought this was about the tape on the end of the tube too. :oops:

Again, I 100% don't expect or require this from a gallery.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:01 am

earlgreytoast wrote:
IT'S 2017 GIVE US TAPE FLAPS
:lol:

:rolling:

I'll take credit for being one of the originals on EB to push folks for tape flaps :clap:

Memba the years when folks didn't even use kraft paper? :D
GoBluePanic
Art Expert

Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:05 am

Kramerica wrote:Why isn't everyone bitching about obey using packing tape with no flap?
Obey's tape is the worst by far.

Also, a flap wouldn't be necessary if painter's tape, or a similar limited-adhesion kind of tape was used but it would still be nice.
Last edited by GoBluePanic on Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not someone else.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:06 am

GoBluePanic wrote:
Kramerica wrote:Why isn't everyone bitching about obey using packing tape with no flap?
for those of us that have been along for the ride- OBEY set the standard over the years
Only thing they have left to do is the flappers :lol:

If bending over the end of the tape during packaging creates any type of impact, got to wonder..... :wink:
painters tape sucks- got a busted up print a month ago because of that weak tape :hanging:
GoBluePanic
Art Expert

Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:10 am

Grateful69Phish wrote:
GoBluePanic wrote:
for those of us that have been along for the ride- OBEY set the standard over the years
Only thing they have left to do is the flappers :lol:

If bending over the end of the tape during packaging creates any type of impact, got to wonder..... :wink:
painters tape sucks- got a busted up print a month ago because of that weak tape :hanging:
I'm not questioning Obey's contribution to the shipping world, merely commenting that their packing tape is a bitch to get off.
I'm not someone else.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:10 am

Wow. This conversation turned into pages?

So it goes...