Bottleneck Gallery News/Rumors!

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
acidburn
Art Daddy
Posts: 9961
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:06 pm

Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:52 pm

Bryman wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:01 pm
Most effective Plex yet in my opinion. Looks amazing. The M, I, E thing is odd though.

Also, would have looked cool if the “Star” and “Wars” could have moved laterally inward on the main logo at the bottom of the English ones.
Eh don’t go by the digital image. We just do the best to convey it. What is cool though is that they are basically fighting
User avatar
TonyC
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 209
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:57 am

Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:19 pm

These are great Joe. Are the light boxes limited or will you be restocking them regularly? Hoping to get one of each size, though maybe not all at once.

Have a couple double sided LOTR that I haven't had up in years. Good reason to break those back out.
User avatar
acidburn
Art Daddy
Posts: 9961
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:06 pm

Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:26 pm

TonyC wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:19 pm
These are great Joe. Are the light boxes limited or will you be restocking them regularly? Hoping to get one of each size, though maybe not all at once.

Have a couple double sided LOTR that I haven't had up in years. Good reason to break those back out.

We only made a limited amount to test the waters but yea def will keep stocking like the portfolios. Hopefully they do well. Took us like a year to get it right
User avatar
35mmpaul
Art Expert
Posts: 8602
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:40 pm
Location: NYC

Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:13 pm

its only like 10 more than a spotlight display snap frame.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
ethnosax
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 385
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:45 pm

Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:47 pm

acidburn wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:52 pm
Eh don’t go by the digital image. We just do the best to convey it. What is cool though is that they are basically fighting
It would be good to make sure there's nothing in the digital image that looks obviously strange, though. :)
User avatar
Bryman
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 226
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:40 pm
Location: CA

Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:28 am

acidburn wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:52 pm
Eh don’t go by the digital image. We just do the best to convey it. What is cool though is that they are basically fighting
I was hoping that was all it was. Cool. And I did notice the fighting. I think all the movement on the Plex version came out great, but I particularly like the green laser blasts in front of the TIE Fighters . Great job!
Have ya paid your dues, Jack? Yessir, the check is in the mail.
User avatar
acidburn
Art Daddy
Posts: 9961
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:06 pm

Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:31 am

yea thats all beautiful and pops right off. We also say late Q1 but hoping February. They're already being made.

Really wanted DK in peoples hands before we sold this. Those trackings should start go out on Friday.
User avatar
KSUvet
Art Expert
Posts: 4676
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:37 am
Location: MO

Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:46 am

Is the acrylic front and back or just front? How does the light source work as far as changing bulbs?

Also, I really wish the reg Empire was less expensive. I really like the snow coloring on the reg but the variant is tempting at the same price :o ! I managed to hold off on the paper version thinking I would never hang it with the Stouts taking up space, but damn it if this drymounting thing has me back in :roll:

Edit: I'm fairly certain at this point that BNG will deliver something I like, but I really wish I'd received at least one of the other lenticulars I've ordered before ordering another. At the same time, I'm a little surprised I didn't receive a preorder offer. I don't know what I want. :?
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
suckittrebek
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 101
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:06 pm

Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:06 am

jpicken wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:58 pm
YAY. Got a Plex. Thanks for the opportunity to pick one up without any sweat BNG.
On a sad note, when a logged in, my cart still had the Foil Vacation I couldn't close the deal on yesterday LOL. :(
Oh man, there was a presale? Lucky.... :o

I’ve got TDK and Jaws plexes, hoping to add one of these too.
User avatar
sonicboom
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 699
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:24 pm

Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:31 am

So the email says the 24x36 frames are for the PLEX lenticulars but I assume they'll work fine with the regular lenticulars as well? Hoping to use this with the regular 1mm 2001 .
User avatar
acidburn
Art Daddy
Posts: 9961
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:06 pm

Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:39 pm

sonicboom wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:31 am
So the email says the 24x36 frames are for the PLEX lenticulars but I assume they'll work fine with the regular lenticulars as well? Hoping to use this with the regular 1mm 2001 .
Most lenticulars outside here are bigger.
User avatar
DMBfan
Art Expert
Posts: 2004
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:00 am

Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:11 pm

did I misread the lightbox frame price when it was up with Empire? Maybe I was seeing things, was it a product launch deal?
User avatar
acidburn
Art Daddy
Posts: 9961
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:06 pm

Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:52 pm

DMBfan wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:11 pm
did I misread the lightbox frame price when it was up with Empire? Maybe I was seeing things, was it a product launch deal?
Those were just the basic frames. The light box is on baroque https://www.baroqueportfolios.com/
User avatar
DMBfan
Art Expert
Posts: 2004
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:00 am

Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:03 pm

acidburn wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:52 pm
DMBfan wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:11 pm
did I misread the lightbox frame price when it was up with Empire? Maybe I was seeing things, was it a product launch deal?
Those were just the basic frames. The light box is on baroque https://www.baroqueportfolios.com/
Gotcha, thanks! I can't wait to get one
User avatar
acidburn
Art Daddy
Posts: 9961
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:06 pm

Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:21 pm

<3
Post Reply