General art-related discussion.
acidburn
Art Daddy

Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:31 pm

Bryman wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:42 pm
cotis wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:09 pm
oh this was a fun one from last week. 100% worth the read, do it.

Lol congrats!
Gagosian watch out.

Yea it was for Roamcouch's release. Every release has been smooth for years. We always do a buyers list reserve/FB group reserve. A way of saying thank you for supporting him. Then the general sale.

The group is a great group of ppl. Absolutely no drama ever. This release though saw an influx of new members. People who never really purchased from us or a Roamcouch print before.

Ryo accidently posted the link on Sunday at 3:30am and the entire allocation sold out while we were sleeping. Woke up at like 5:30am and refunded all the orders. He felt really bad and apologized to the group.

Looking at the sale, there were close to 30 duplicate orders and it just wasn't right. He advertised that the sale was the 10th so obviously the link was wrong. We couldn't keep the orders. More would have been mad at us if we did. A majority of the buyers seemed to understood. Noticed around 40 something of the people who were refunded managed to purchase one of the reserves which was nice.

Wasn't sure where this guy above was coming from though. Never seen him before in any group. I've been nothing but great to all of Ryo's buyers over the years. I don't think there is anyone prior to this release that couldn't score a print before the general sale. It usually sells out that day.
Didn't Roamcounch have 10 editions of this released, some with SHRN Chengxiang Shang?
We had a full edition of 150 and 10 H/E. It was more Ryo's release with our edition compared to the collab print.
KSUvet
Art Expert

Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:17 am

acidburn wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:26 pm
chalkdust wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:11 pm
deleting Facebook would totally solve this for you. Just sayin
i actually enjoy interacting with people. I'm a member of basically every single artist fan group that we work with and i honestly do like being a part of them. I just don't come in to sell things. I take part and I think thats the difference between myself and others.

The issue that happens is that by me being accessible the way I am, I think people tend to think I'm like a 24/7 live chat feature and forget that I'm actually a human. I had to recently defriend practically everyone who I was friends with due to this because I was physically threatened and it was probably the most excessive I've seen in all of the years of doing it that I was just like I'm done with this.
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
wonkabars7
Art Expert

Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:39 am

cotis wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:09 pm
oh this was a fun one from last week. 100% worth the read, do it.

BNG has got to go!! Lols.

I checked out at this and the refusal to use the enter key for the sake of paragraphs/the reader.

Keep doin your thing, Joe.
partpat
Art Freak

Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:14 am

Wat a rant. Wow. Y’all broke dudes brain.
jpicken
Art Connoisseur

Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:25 am

acidburn wrote:
The issue that happens is that by me being accessible the way I am, I think people tend to think I'm like a 24/7 live chat feature and forget that I'm actually a human. I had to recently defriend practically everyone who I was friends with due to this because I was physically threatened and it was probably the most excessive I've seen in all of the years of doing it that I was just like I'm done with this.
I don't know Joe, but you are kind of engaging with the eBeans crazies here.

All is well and good right now, but wait until I miss out on that Plex Jaws lenticular. There will be hell to pay then. :evil: MUAHAHAHAHA.

. . . or if you want to avoid that, consider a Bottlebux pre-sale. :D

I know better than to mess with
a powerhouse in the "art scene"
BNG does a great job. You work with cool artists and release cool prints. Your customer service is excellent, and the time from ordering to receiving a print is a fraction of what Mondo does. If there are unexpected delays, you provide regular updates. When somebody complains about how long something is taking from BNG, I wonder the last time they ordered something from the other guys.
ImageX5
acidburn
Art Daddy

Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:18 am

jpicken wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:25 am
acidburn wrote:
I don't know Joe, but you are kind of engaging with the eBeans crazies here.

All is well and good right now, but wait until I miss out on that Plex Jaws lenticular. There will be hell to pay then. :evil: MUAHAHAHAHA.

. . . or if you want to avoid that, consider a Bottlebux pre-sale. :D

I know better than to mess with
a powerhouse in the "art scene"
BNG does a great job. You work with cool artists and release cool prints. Your customer service is excellent, and the time from ordering to receiving a print is a fraction of what Mondo does. If there are unexpected delays, you provide regular updates. When somebody complains about how long something is taking from BNG, I wonder the last time they ordered something from the other guys.
The lenticulars for Jaws are insanity. I love that we are doing this. Obviously the shark pops out but the swimmer is like in your face. And I guess an EB exclusive but we did both versions - credits and art print.

And honestly I think its less crazy on EB these days. Even Grateful69Phish is being nice to us. Think it took 7 years.
cotis
Art Expert

Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:20 am

gimme dat EB exclusive bottlebux presale!
kansasbbq
Art God

Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:55 am

acidburn wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:18 am
And honestly I think its less crazy on EB these days. Even Grateful69Phish is being nice to us. Think it took 7 years.
:lol:
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
applehead
Art Expert

Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:23 pm

cotis wrote:
This idiot here (me) passed on the presale not realizing this was the same Shang/RoamCouch collab print. I thought it was a different print by Roamcouch, and I had always passed on his releases. I have been trying to hunt down a Shang print since the day I heard of him.

Wish I had more free time to actually read the details, but work gets in the way. Anyone else working more hours since WFH9work from home) mandate began? Averaged 14 hours/day for the 4 work days last week.

I have few regrets in purchases/passing, but this is one that will be hard for my mind to let go of. So many stencils and colors, and each somewhat unique. I had to make myself feel better by buying my first Shang print this weekend for Shang's Doc Ellis NoNo print.
mike123230
Art Expert

Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:01 pm

There was an EB presale for the roamcouch?
wonkabars7
Art Expert

Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:14 pm

Any timetable on Jaws at this point? EB/Bottlebux?

Indy lenticulars, then I retire...
acidburn
Art Daddy

Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:25 pm

applehead wrote:
cotis wrote:
This idiot here (me) passed on the presale not realizing this was the same Shang/RoamCouch collab print. I thought it was a different print by Roamcouch, and I had always passed on his releases. I have been trying to hunt down a Shang print since the day I heard of him.

Wish I had more free time to actually read the details, but work gets in the way. Anyone else working more hours since WFH9work from home) mandate began? Averaged 14 hours/day for the 4 work days last week.

I have few regrets in purchases/passing, but this is one that will be hard for my mind to let go of. So many stencils and colors, and each somewhat unique. I had to make myself feel better by buying my first Shang print this weekend for Shang's Doc Ellis NoNo print.
well not an idiot because our print was the Roamcouch main print. We didn't sell the Shang one.
acidburn
Art Daddy

Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:26 pm

acidburn wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:25 pm
applehead wrote:
cotis wrote:

well not an idiot because our print was the Roamcouch main print. We didn't sell the Shang one.
Any timetable on Jaws at this point? EB/Bottlebux?

Indy lenticulars, then I retire...
It's one of the 2 we plan on finishing up the year with for that size.
There was an EB presale for the roamcouch?
Facebook group. Not here.
cotis
Art Expert

Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:27 pm

applehead wrote:
cotis wrote:

well if it makes you feel any better, Shang just takes stock photos found online, projects them onto a wall, creates quadrants and traces his work. so just take a page out of his book and google image search it and print yourself a copy.
stuckeyc
Art Expert

Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:21 pm

That Slater is gorgeous