Bottleneck Gallery News/Rumors!

General art-related discussion.
jkw3000
EB Team

Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:44 pm

I'd offer to be a Contributor, but I don't think this place looks too kindly on my kind.

35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:00 pm

wonkabars7 wrote:
mfaith wrote: And I don't subscribe to the bottleneck email.
Which is a calculated choice on your end, one that makes no sense other than irrational spite for God knows why.

The data entry is both great and helpful, but quit acting like you are laying brick in the hot sun all day with it.
Stop trying to stoke fires that aren't there.

And cotis i didn't ask for it, but they offered because of how much I already contributed. And yes i accepted and I take full responsibility for that. Never said it was anybody else's doing but my own. And I added just as much before I was put in this role as I did after. I think they promoted me simply because I kept flooding their queue with entries. High quality entries. The role gives me no more ability to submit content than anybody else. Everybody can contribute. And you do add a lot, and I approve all of it. Saying you can't submit to the db because you're not an admin, is an excuse. I would be adding just as much without it. And I did.
So it goes...
wonkabars7
Art Expert

Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:20 pm

mfaith wrote: Stop trying to stoke fires that aren't there.
[img]WhereThereisSmokeThereisFire.img[/img]

You literally can't get out of your own way.
Woo5lscott
Art Expert

Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:23 pm

What happened :shock:
GiantBoyDective
Art Freak

Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:26 pm

Woo5lscott wrote:What happened :shock:
Outrageous indignation
Image #trollcru
danieldanger wrote:what you do aint hustlin. see, in MY hustle, i get to sell the whole run and each print only costs me like $6. y'alls is small potatoe street level fudge.
Sniffer85
Art Connoisseur

Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:11 pm

Jeez calm down guys, I don't buy as much as I used to but BNG is a breath of fresh air to the community. Doing loads right and putting out better stuff then M. Love following this thread and appreciate all contributions :clap:
noeldaddy
Art Expert

Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:28 pm

Why ignore Bottleneck? So many “Mondo artists” and artists you follow do work for BNG. So many movies, tv shows, and bands you follow have prints released through BNG. It kinda doesn’t compute that you wouldn’t follow them. Let’s be real - where did they touch you?
ImageImage
finneganm
Art Freak

Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:42 pm

Why doesn’t someone from Bottleneck start adding their pieces? Not trying to stir pots, but they are going to have the best information on the prints, the best pictures, and I would think the most motivation as it clearly generates interest. It doesn’t take a ton of time to (I used to do my fair share before I started spending roughly 100% of my EB time on my phone). Not sure if it’s fair to jump down MFaiths throat for not volunteering more of his time when he’s already contributed more than all of us combined.
That's what she said
FrankBooth
Art Expert

Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:50 pm

All ya'll bums :pint:
ImageImageImage

Original Comic Art Collection: http://cafurl.com?i=25041
acidburn
Art Daddy

Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:03 pm

finneganm wrote:Why doesn’t someone from Bottleneck start adding their pieces? Not trying to stir pots, but they are going to have the best information on the prints, the best pictures, and I would think the most motivation as it clearly generates interest. It doesn’t take a ton of time to (I used to do my fair share before I started spending roughly 100% of my EB time on my phone). Not sure if it’s fair to jump down MFaiths throat for not volunteering more of his time when he’s already contributed more than all of us combined.
We do though. And for a while we were trying to and nothing was getting approved while a select group were.
Last edited by acidburn on Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
finneganm
Art Freak

Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:05 pm

Ahh, I misunderstood.
That's what she said
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:26 pm

I'm sorry if that was your experience, Joe, but it certainly hasn't been the case since I've been managing the queue. In fact, I actually go out of my way to service the queue in the order that it was submitted, which you guys might be surprised to know, is not actually an easy thing. The way the queue is presented to us, is in order of what's in the "release date" field, NOT the order the user submitted it. And anything without a release date entered, gets thrown at the bottom. So I actually go in and try to find the lowest submission ID manually, to do my best to give everything equal treatment. And that's actually some positive feedback I received when I first started doing this. One of the users who'd been religiously submitting old concert posters from the 60s, messaged me to thank me for approving his stuff so fast. That he was used to his submissions sitting in the queue for weeks before anyone would attend to his submission. People would go in and just start at the top, and tackle the popular stuff, but his stuff would sit in there forever. Guys, I've been on the other side of this equation, submitting stuff into the queue for approval, so I treat my role very seriously, and give everything equal treatment. I know that not everything I work on in there is going to be my thing, but I know it's somebody's thing, and it's important to them, and so I treat it with the respect it deserves. But the things that I submit myself, is my personal time, and based on my personal interests. My role doesn't give me the ability to do that any faster than anyone else.
With all of that said, Joe, if you want to resume submitting your content, I'd certainly welcome it. And in the future, if you ever think something's going on or even just have a question about it, reach out and message me. I'm pretty responsive. :pint:

I think I've said about as much as I can here. Appreciate the opportunity to respond. Back to Bottleneck content!
So it goes...
finneganm
Art Freak

Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:36 pm

that's an awful lot of typing for someone who should be entering pieces into the database.
That's what she said
meskell
Art Expert

Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:20 pm

If this is any indication of life without Blue, I need to re-up my "fix the site" donation.
Wanda: I can't stand people. I hate them. Do you hate them?
Henry: No, but I seem to feel better when they're not around.
MJGallicchio
Art Expert

Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:34 am

The obvious answer here is a EB Points to Bottlebux redemption/conversion program.