Bottleneck Gallery News/Rumors!

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
FrankBooth
Art Expert
Posts: 3491
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:01 am
Location: Queens, New York

Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:51 pm

May jump in as I need a simple 24x36 (or just anything above 18x24) storage solution bad.
User avatar
finneganm
Art Freak
Posts: 16301
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: NJ

Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:54 pm

Just bought a lot.
...
...
That's what she said
User avatar
DMBfan
Art Expert
Posts: 1986
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:00 am

Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:02 pm

Thank you! Can't wait to fill it up and flip though it
User avatar
acidburn
Art Daddy
Posts: 9649
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:06 pm

Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:10 pm

:notworthy:
User avatar
jkw3000
EB Team
Posts: 23421
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:22 pm
Location: NYC

Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:19 pm

Congrats guys. Don't need one right now but prob gonna have to nab one in the summer. Ah, the demands of the hobby...
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
User avatar
Mocktm
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:19 am
Location: RVA
Contact:

Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:33 pm

cotis wrote:
jlabbate wrote:nice price on the portfolio sheets..I believe I used to pay about $50 for a 5pk for the picturesque ones from jerry's Artarama
do these sheets fit in a picturesque portfolio?
pretty sure it's been stated that they will not fit in the old portfolios.
Where was this stated?? They look pretty identical. Would make my life so much easier..
SCREENS N SUDS STORE - BUY SOME ART, HELP AN AWESOME CAUSE!!
http://screensnsuds.storenvy.com/
User avatar
soam24
Art Freak
Posts: 12340
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:00 am
Location: The land of lizards

Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:42 pm

Easy buy. Anyone in Denver need my flat file now?
Image
User avatar
cotis
Art Expert
Posts: 4789
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: USA

Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:42 pm

Mocktm wrote:
cotis wrote:
jlabbate wrote:nice price on the portfolio sheets..I believe I used to pay about $50 for a 5pk for the picturesque ones from jerry's Artarama
do these sheets fit in a picturesque portfolio?
pretty sure it's been stated that they will not fit in the old portfolios.
Where was this stated?? They look pretty identical. Would make my life so much easier..
considering these are a tad larger than the original ones, to allow the user to easily put the print within the sleeve - that means they're bigger and won't fit in the original portfolio.

I forget if it was here, twitter, whatever - but it was mentioned previously.
User avatar
dodgers77
Art Expert
Posts: 2131
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:32 am

Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:44 pm

cotis wrote:
Mocktm wrote:
cotis wrote:
jlabbate wrote:nice price on the portfolio sheets..I believe I used to pay about $50 for a 5pk for the picturesque ones from jerry's Artarama
do these sheets fit in a picturesque portfolio?
pretty sure it's been stated that they will not fit in the old portfolios.
Where was this stated?? They look pretty identical. Would make my life so much easier..
considering these are a tad larger than the original ones, to allow the user to easily put the print within the sleeve - that means they're bigger and won't fit in the original portfolio.

I forget if it was here, twitter, whatever - but it was mentioned previously.
:cry:
User avatar
bdm105
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 892
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:20 pm
Location: Florida

Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:44 pm

onesheet wrote:Are there plans for 18x24 sleeves in the future?

Also, how long will the 20% discount last?
Can't you just put an 18x24 into it though without problems?
User avatar
jkw3000
EB Team
Posts: 23421
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:22 pm
Location: NYC

Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:57 pm

bdm105 wrote:
onesheet wrote:Are there plans for 18x24 sleeves in the future?

Also, how long will the 20% discount last?
Can't you just put an 18x24 into it though without problems?
You can do that, or even fit two 18x24 in one sleeve. If you want an 18x24 portfolio though those are also widely available and it'd be a lot more price-friendly to just invest in one of those.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
User avatar
ChrisV
Art Expert
Posts: 3926
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:36 am
Location: MA

Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:10 pm

Anyone have any idea how many portfolios are in that first batch?
User avatar
Kramerica
Art Freak
Posts: 13858
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:37 am
Location: Corner of 1st & 1st

Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:12 pm

Sleeves in my portfolio could be 1/4" longer width/length and easily still fit. I never had much of an issue getting prints in to begin with though. Would love some more sleeves for my portfolio but I certainly don't need a new one. I understand making them incompatible from a business standpoint.

I am glad that someone is offering portfolios again though. Definitely a need within the community.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
User avatar
bdm105
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 892
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:20 pm
Location: Florida

Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:03 pm

From an archival standpoint am I better using these portfolios or just keeping the foam core sandwhich?
User avatar
rubberneck
Art God
Posts: 25764
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:19 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:17 pm

bdm105 wrote:From an archival standpoint am I better using these portfolios or just keeping the foam core sandwhich?
You are no better irrespective of your storage strategy for the prints.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0


"rara charta, gravi negotio"
Post Reply