Bottleneck Gallery News/Rumors!

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
ccsmd598
Art Expert
Posts: 2064
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 5:33 pm

Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:50 am

Damn this looks awesome - Gabz is such a great illustrator. His style reminds me a little bit of Ansin too.
Ya'll see the leprechaun say yaaaaaa!
User avatar
dylanosaur
Art Expert
Posts: 1537
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:53 am

Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:58 am

ccsmd598 wrote:Damn this looks awesome - Gabz is such a great illustrator. His style reminds me a little bit of Ansin too.
style maybe. composition no way
User avatar
ccsmd598
Art Expert
Posts: 2064
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 5:33 pm

Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:47 am

dylanosaur wrote:
ccsmd598 wrote:Damn this looks awesome - Gabz is such a great illustrator. His style reminds me a little bit of Ansin too.
style maybe. composition no way
Definitely just a hint...as soon as I saw Rey it made me think of Ansin's 'Brazil'...just the way the lines are done for her face.
Ya'll see the leprechaun say yaaaaaa!
User avatar
dmm8878
Art Expert
Posts: 2011
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:00 am
Location: CT

Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:54 am

acidburn wrote:95 left. Craziness
Now sold out and one even flipped. All is right in the world. :lol:
ottomatik71 wrote:Your punk ass attitude isn't going to help you get this print.
stuckeyc
Art Expert
Posts: 5355
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 1:00 am

Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:59 am

dmm8878 wrote:
acidburn wrote:95 left. Craziness
Now sold out and one even flipped. All is right in the world. :lol:

I heard page bought the rest to save jims career
Image
User avatar
soam24
Art Freak
Posts: 12340
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:00 am
Location: The land of lizards

Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:02 am

applehead wrote:me and soam dont do casts of scultures. its clutter from my perspective, but definitely still art. i'm just the kind of guy that would prefer displaying crystals.

the other guy is angry at, well, i really cant put my finger on it. nor do i think he has an argument. i think bottleneck put on the best pollock show to date this past nye run. he basically had Jim walk naked into his studio and lay it all out there.
So much THIS.

Pollock's last bottleneck show had some awesome artwork.

As far as Dickbutt saying "display it" (lol). The piece is awesome BUT a lot of people, myself included, don't collect toys / sculptures / figures so to randomly have this randomly placed on a shelf doesn't fly. To each their own.
Image
User avatar
acidburn
Art Daddy
Posts: 9490
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:06 pm

Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:16 am

We really like the idea of throwing in a free print so it connects to both markets. Probably the plan with marqs toy
stuckeyc
Art Expert
Posts: 5355
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 1:00 am

Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:30 am

Feel free to send me a walking fish print with my sculptures. Thanks
Image
User avatar
acidburn
Art Daddy
Posts: 9490
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:06 pm

Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:58 am

stuckeyc wrote:Feel free to send me a walking fish print with my sculptures. Thanks

Haha yea was a little tough with this one
User avatar
CaptNemo
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 679
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:39 am
Location: Texas

Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:42 am

If one scores on the set of Nautilus Chaplin prints on the BNG site, does that include the right to purchase the upcoming Ken Taylor print?> Or only if purchased direct from Nautilus?
mcnail wrote: "We are just trying to make and sell posters. Cheers"
tstout wrote: "in general though, you're not missing out.... on life. its all around you. in the wind. in the woods. we're sharing it together. i'm right behind you."
User avatar
acidburn
Art Daddy
Posts: 9490
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:06 pm

Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:44 am

CaptNemo wrote:If one scores on the set of Nautilus Chaplin prints on the BNG site, does that include the right to purchase the upcoming Ken Taylor print?> Or only if purchased direct from Nautilus?
For sure. Think we'll be able to match set numbers
User avatar
schmoff
Art Expert
Posts: 6233
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:00 am
Location: NY
Contact:

Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:44 am

will gabz be timed release like SW trilogy?
User avatar
35mmpaul
Art Expert
Posts: 8382
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:40 pm
Location: NYC

Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:56 am

soam24 wrote:
applehead wrote:me and soam dont do casts of scultures. its clutter from my perspective, but definitely still art. i'm just the kind of guy that would prefer displaying crystals.

the other guy is angry at, well, i really cant put my finger on it. nor do i think he has an argument. i think bottleneck put on the best pollock show to date this past nye run. he basically had Jim walk naked into his studio and lay it all out there.
So much THIS.

Pollock's last bottleneck show had some awesome artwork.

As far as Dickbutt saying "display it" L(° O °L). The piece is awesome BUT a lot of people, myself included, don't collect toys / sculptures / figures so to randomly have this randomly placed on a shelf doesn't fly. To each their own.
yeah like why would you want to display art in your home. Thats just insane.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
User avatar
ccsmd598
Art Expert
Posts: 2064
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 5:33 pm

Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:28 pm

applehead wrote:me and soam dont do casts of scultures. its clutter from my perspective, but definitely still art. i'm just the kind of guy that would prefer displaying crystals.
Image
Ya'll see the leprechaun say yaaaaaa!
User avatar
chisoxcollector
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 358
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:14 pm
Location: Central Florida
Contact:

Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:19 pm

Picked up a Chaplin set. :clap:

I really hope they do a City Lights print at some point. My favorite Chaplin by far, and one of my all time favorite films in general.
Post Reply