Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:02 pm

So Duke IS Mondo?
KSUvet
Art Expert

Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:06 pm

mfaith wrote:
I'll go back to my DB hovel.
Joe thinks DB stands for something other than database right meow. :P

The way he's responding makes me think Drew has arthritis, or Parkinson's, or something that makes it difficult for him these days, since he's mentioned pen size/type and size of sig.
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
RCP13
Art Connoisseur

Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:41 pm

Hey, has there been any updates on the Pollock walking fish statues? I don't remember seeing anything, but just saw a few up on eBay. I'm guessing those are just some ambitious sellers, unless I missed something.
stuckeyc
Art Expert

Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:06 pm

you havent missed out, no need to buy from those d'bags
RCP13
Art Connoisseur

Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:11 pm

Yeah, I see it on their homepage as advertised for Tuesday, along with the photo the sellers used. The SOLD OUT description had me confused. I dig the silver one.
ajharrington321
Art Expert

Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:14 pm

RCP13 wrote:Yeah, I see it on their homepage as advertised for Tuesday, along with the photo the sellers used. The SOLD OUT description had me confused. I dig the silver one.

Um....I bought a set already

I'm pretty sure the bronze is sold out and not the silver but I could be wrong
acidburn
Art Expert

Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:19 pm

Found eBay ppl and asked to remove. The general sale is Tuesday.

Everyone that went to the show got a chance at reserving. We promised all
pittidesart
Art Expert

Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:57 pm

Wow. That must have been embarrassing. Did anyone even write you back?
Official website: http://www.pittidesart.com
finneganm wrote:You going to start making rugs?
partpat
Art Expert

Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:21 pm

You know you're a real drymounting donkey when Joe messages you on ebay about your pre-pre sale :lol:

The "Enthusiastic Sellers" line cracked me up :lol: :lol: :lol:

FWIW the statue looks great! I would put one w all my other clutter and toys and fudge!
acidburn
Art Expert

Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:29 pm

Haha I honestly save them from public shaming like the guy this morning.

My email is like please take this down..before they find you.

Still not cool
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:57 pm

KSUvet wrote:
mfaith wrote:
I'll go back to my DB hovel.
Joe thinks DB stands for something other than database right meow. :P
That's fine. I should have learned by now to just stick to working on the database, and stop trying to be helpful in other ways. Tends to blow up in my face.
So it goes...
dmm8878
Art Expert

Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:39 pm

I think this Walking Fish statue is the greatest thing since sliced bread. That Pollock image is my #1 ISO, but I don't even bother listing it, since I don't have $5K to blow. I was at The Great Went though. That summer was the first time I really road tripped for the Phish. I turned 19 that August and actually won $700 bucks on one horse race in Saratoga on my birthday, which funded the trip. I packed up my '84 Mazda 5-speed and my hippie-chick girlfriend and I did Star Lake > Darien Lake > Great Went > Acadia > Burlington. We decided to avoid I-95 as much as possible and cut across northern VT, NH and ME on state roads all the way to Limestone using an atlas. It was beautiful. Needless to say, that festival was pure magic. The music, the vibe, the innocence, the eternal joy and never-ending splendor. I actually stumbled upon Jim's little printing shack and he had some of those prints hanging. I asked how much, he said $20, but to come back in a few when they're dry. I never made it back though, as the microdot kept me wandering...

Welp, twenty years later, I got my Walking Fish. Quite the trophy.

:notworthy:
Last edited by dmm8878 on Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ottomatik71 wrote:Your punk ass attitude isn't going to help you get this print.
acidburn
Art Expert

Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:01 pm

dmm8878 wrote:I think this Walking Fish statue is the greatest thing since sliced bread. That Pollock image is my #1 ISO, but I don't even bother listing it, since I don't have $5K to blow. I was at The Great Went though. That summer was the first time I really road tripped for the Phish. I turned 19 that August and actually won $700 bucks on one horse race in Saratoga on my birthday, which funded the trip. I packed up my '84 Mazda 5-speed and me and my hippie-chick girlfriend did Star Lake > Darien Lake > Great Went > Acadia > Burlington. We decided to avoid I-95 as much as possible and cut across northern VT, NH and ME on state roads all the way to Limestone using an atlas. It was beautiful. Needless to say, that festival was pure magic. The music, the vibe, the innocence, the eternal joy and never-ending splendor. I actually stumbled upon Jim's little printing shack and he had some of those prints hanging. I asked how much, he said $20, but to come back in a few when they're dry. I never made it back though, as the microdot kept me wandering...

Welp, twenty years later, I got my Walking Fish. Quite the trophy.

:notworthy:
Can't wait for you guys to see them in person. We have been working on them for a bit. The reaction has been great so we are going to probably have fun with a few other images
stuckeyc
Art Expert

Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:39 pm

Please do the Astron stargazers
acidburn
Art Expert

Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:50 pm

stuckeyc wrote:Please do the Astron stargazers
Let's get these guys into your hands first then we'll see what's up :-)