Bottleneck Gallery News/Rumors!

General art-related discussion.
DuoSonic
Art Expert

Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:26 am

That Fitzgerald print was made from the trailer and not the final cut of the film, eh? It's a nice poster regardless. :D
Moran
Art Connoisseur

Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:36 am

Dig the grey color way. Nice work
acidburn
Art Daddy

Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:58 am

DuoSonic wrote:That Fitzgerald print was made from the trailer and not the final cut of the film, eh? It's a nice poster regardless. :D
We are unfortunately not on the special list to see any Star Wars films before they open lol

That scene definitely inspired the print but at the same time he wanted to show her defiant and alone against it which isn't in the trailer either. That was just a quick glimpse

Soooo technically if you ignore the trailer it could be its own movie poster
Last edited by acidburn on Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:01 am

I like the look of Matt's quite a bit.
DuoSonic
Art Expert

Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:03 am

acidburn wrote:
DuoSonic wrote:That Fitzgerald print was made from the trailer and not the final cut of the film, eh? It's a nice poster regardless. :D
We are unfortunately not on the special list to see any Star Wars films before they open lol

That scene definitely inspired the print but at the same time he wanted to show her defiant and alone against it which isn't in the trailer either. That was just a quick glimpse
Oh, I figured. And I dig it! I always love when things are edited differently in trailers vs. final cuts, anyway. Especially for high profile releases like this.
KSUvet
Art Expert

Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:18 am

I wish he had shown a little more of the back of the AT-AT, because my eye goes right there. Right now it looks like it's on two legs, like he lost his others in the war. It's sad, really, the tolls of war.
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:27 am

DuoSonic wrote:
acidburn wrote:

Oh, I figured. And I dig it!
I don't. That scene wasn't in the friggin movie. I'm not buying that it is an "artistic interpretation" of the movie and is trying to emote some philosophical aloneness vs. evil theme. This is one case where it is all too obvious that the artist only saw a trailer and, IMO, took a lazy approach to making a movie poster.
acidburn
Art Daddy

Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:31 am

earlgreytoast wrote:
DuoSonic wrote:
acidburn wrote:

Oh, I figured. And I dig it!
I don't. That scene wasn't in the friggin movie. I'm not buying that it is an "artistic interpretation" of the movie and is trying to emote some philosophical aloneness vs. evil theme. This is one case where it is all too obvious that the artist only saw a trailer and, IMO, took a lazy approach to making a movie poster.
Im confused by this lol he obviously took the scene from the teaser and made her more defiant against the tie fighter. You can look at it either way. And lazy approach? We unfortunately only had so much to go on. Karl killed it with what he was given.

Also think you need a hug badly.
Last edited by acidburn on Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
jkw3000
EB Team

Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:32 am

After 12pm EST, think a bunch of people are gonna need a hug. :lol:
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
AliRock110
Art Expert

Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:39 am

I could use a hug.....From her....

BB8
Art Connoisseur

Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:10 pm

Artists make posters from trailers. This isn't new.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:19 pm

Image Image Image Image
So it goes...
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:31 pm

acidburn wrote:
earlgreytoast wrote:
Im confused by this lol he obviously took the scene from the teaser and made her more defiant against the tie fighter. You can look at it either way. And lazy approach? We unfortunately only had so much to go on. Karl killed it with what he was given.

Also think you need a hug badly.

Pfffft, I need a hug because I don't like one of your posters? Cmon now, don't be getting all high and mighty on me Joey. I know you're used to people only blowing rainbows up your ass here but that was a pretty douchey comment. You said it yourself, you can see it either way. "Lazy" comment is neither here nor there, I can agree to rescind that one. :D

But yeah, that poster sucks and anyone who has actually seen the movie would know that Jyn relied on allllll the peeps to get the job done. Showing her in one scene, that never happened, alone against a tie fighter, is weak. Thank god there are 2 variants of it though! And I'm sure they will alllll sell out. :wink:
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:35 pm

I like interpretations and I like the poster. If you just wanna look at the movie scene, wait for the bluray and pause it, then frame your tv. But I do agree it needs more Captain Phasma.
jkw3000
EB Team

Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:38 pm

Oddly enough, blowing rainbows up one's ass is surprisingly unpleasant for the receiver, so...
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.