Bottleneck Gallery News/Rumors!

General art-related discussion.
HappaHaoli
Art Expert

Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:57 am

Christian Waggoner
Image x6 ImageImage x2
"I had this dream where I relished the fray, and the screaming filled my head all day."
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:09 am

Not sure if anyone else has said but you guys holding back an allotment for an online release is a quality thing to do. Y'all don't have to do that but everyone not attending appreciates it. :pint: :pint: :clap:
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
thekharmainitiative
Art Expert

Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:00 am

cotis wrote:
The Force Awakens by Ise Ananphada - line-art on pewter edition of 100 for $50. Only 20 of these prints will be sold per day at the con.
On pewter colored paper? Or on pewter the soft metal? The former makes more sense but why not just say that?

Also, 4 day con * 20 per day = 80 sold, so does that mean 20 kept aside for online sale?

So confused...
WhoLikesRingo wrote:This single post led to a roller coaster of emotion. Congrats kharma, king of the thread.
loosehead
Art Connoisseur

Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:46 am

RambosRemodeler wrote:Not sure if anyone else has said but you guys holding back an allotment for an online release is a quality thing to do. Y'all don't have to do that but everyone not attending appreciates it. :pint: :pint: :clap:
Amen. It's absolutely the way to do it
acidburn
Art Daddy

Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:39 am

thekharmainitiative wrote:
cotis wrote:
The Force Awakens by Ise Ananphada - line-art on pewter edition of 100 for $50. Only 20 of these prints will be sold per day at the con.
On pewter colored paper? Or on pewter the soft metal? The former makes more sense but why not just say that?

Also, 4 day con * 20 per day = 80 sold, so does that mean 20 kept aside for online sale?

So confused...

Nothing to be confused about. Just only releasing 80.
AliRock110
Art Expert

Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:09 am

Yes!!! It is almost here. I been waiting for this day since I fell into this thing of ours almost a year ago. Joe, I hope you had a good time with your Abuela. I hope she fed you well and got your spirit ready for the madness tomorrow. I look forward to spending my 1st Con in over two decades with you guys. Looking forward to seeing some BNG regulars and meeting new people. Come say hello, I'll be that fat, middle aged guy wearing a super hero tshirt and a Kool Aid smile on his face. You can't miss me.

I'm sure that there is a lot of people doing a lot of last minute prepping. To you, I say Godspeed, let's get the blood pumping nice and early in the morning with some positive motivation from Emma's kitty.

Yep, it's going to be that kind of day.
ethnosax
Art Connoisseur

Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:04 am

HappaHaoli wrote:
Christian Waggoner
That's exactly what I thought when I saw that, too. Disappointing that such a talented guy as Chris so blatantly copied someone else's gimmick.

However, his other SW piece is good, and I'm really glad that after all the years of waiting for his trilogy set to be complete, it's done. I just hope I can get a copy to complete my set and finally get them up on the wall.
acidburn
Art Daddy

Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:07 am

or maybe it was a coincidence?
ethnosax
Art Connoisseur

Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:36 am

acidburn wrote:or maybe it was a coincidence?
Doubtful. Anybody who follows Star Wars art at all has certainly seen Waggoner's stuff--he's done a ton of SW characters in that style. They're used as the covers of Harmy's Despecialized Editions. They're everywhere. Anyway, as I said, Chris is one of my favorite artists, so I hate to criticize him, but this was just a little too derivative. Every artist has good days and bad days; Chris mas more good days than most. :)
mjohnst8

Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:50 am

So is the Regular Star wars by Ise the only online print during NYCC or are their more surprises. Just wondering for us down in florida wondering if we will have power and internet when me might need to find some internet if it is out. Bottleneck has knocked the prints out of the park this year.
jkw3000
EB Team

Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:53 am

Something to ask Chris about.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
GoBluePanic
Art Expert

Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:31 am

It would be an incredibly bold move for an artist to knowingly rip off a well known piece for a print to be released at an event full of people that would recognize that fact.
Last edited by GoBluePanic on Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not someone else.
Prisco077
Art Connoisseur

Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:04 am

ethnosax wrote:
acidburn wrote:or maybe it was a coincidence?
Doubtful. Anybody who follows Star Wars art at all has certainly seen Waggoner's stuff--he's done a ton of SW characters in that style. They're used as the covers of Harmy's Despecialized Editions. They're everywhere. Anyway, as I said, Chris is one of my favorite artists, so I hate to criticize him, but this was just a little too derivative. Every artist has good days and bad days; Chris mas more good days than most. :)
I follow Star Wars art and I've never seen this piece. Chris has been doing this long enough, and is well established enough, that he doesn't need to be ripping off someone else's work.
greenhorn1
Art Expert

Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:13 am

Contrarily I don't really follow start wars art and even I have seen that waggoner piece.
ISO Horkey Stacy Lowery Paleo Deck. $$$$$$$ (or trade)
cotis
Art Expert

Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:38 am

greenhorn1 wrote:Contrarily I don't really follow start wars art and even I have seen that waggoner piece.
+1