Bottleneck Gallery News/Rumors!

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
bethemonkey
Art Expert
Posts: 1219
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:57 pm
Location: Canada EH!
Contact:

Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:23 pm

Need Credits... why no credits...
http://www.legendaryframes.com

I'm in Canada and it costs more to ship everywhere, so get over it.
kansasbbq
Art Freak
Posts: 17932
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:46 pm
Location: AUSTIN, tx

Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:27 pm

Where's the credit block? :(
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
User avatar
35mmpaul
Art Expert
Posts: 8382
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:40 pm
Location: NYC

Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:27 pm

bethemonkey wrote:Need Credits... why no credits...
cause you have to get a sign off for every name you post.

George Lucas, Steven Spielberg, John Williams, Harrison Ford are a bit hard to contact for sign offs.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
User avatar
partpat
Art Expert
Posts: 9494
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:54 pm

Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:27 pm

open edition art print w no likeness :lol:
dskdaniel
Art Expert
Posts: 3512
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:43 pm
Location: Hollywood

Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:28 pm

I await the news that Spielberg has purchased 10 of them and the "Durieux does it again!" "Genius!" "He's a god!" posts that follow.
User avatar
rubberneck
Art God
Posts: 25686
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:19 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:29 pm

partpat wrote:open edition art print w no likeness :lol:
Waiting for art print litho....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0


"rara charta, gravi negotio"
kansasbbq
Art Freak
Posts: 17932
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:46 pm
Location: AUSTIN, tx

Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:29 pm

35mmpaul wrote:
soam24 wrote:when the only thing making it a variant is a slight color change.. :neutral:
isn't that most variants?
foreign language text
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
User avatar
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert
Posts: 6694
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:48 pm
Location: Houston

Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:30 pm

I dunno I really like his print for The Bear, and the Telluride festival poster.
User avatar
thefiend5
Art Expert
Posts: 1189
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:11 pm

Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:32 pm

lets face it though all these will sell out but it really had a ton of hype behind it and it just under delivered
User avatar
weshallallbe
Art Expert
Posts: 1214
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:45 am

Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:32 pm

Cinlabyrinth wrote:I dunno I really like his print for The Bear, and the Telluride festival poster.

Agree with you on both. Also really like the Alien print. My question is why hasn't anyone tapped him to flesh out that Totoro to full size for my wall?
User avatar
weshallallbe
Art Expert
Posts: 1214
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:45 am

Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:37 pm

thefiend5 wrote:lets face it though all these will sell out but it really had a ton of hype behind it and it just under delivered
Hyping a timed edition for weeks makes a ton of sense business-wise but personally made the variants a bit underwhelming for me.
User avatar
wonkabars7
Art Expert
Posts: 7087
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 2:13 pm

Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:38 pm

I think it does a great job of adding to what is already out there re: Raiders/Indy poster art, which is all you could ask for.

Have gone on and on before about the title, but that is just more Lucas meddling and Joe's hands are tied so I get it.
Agree with others on the credit block on the bottom, would have tied it all together nicely...but yeah, seems like a copyright nightmare.

Love the upstairs/downstairs effect, as all the vintage posters show Indy front and center, whereas in reality he is literally getting down and dirty doing all the work while the villains literally sit and wait in the series especially in Raiders.
Var is better IMO, but the wood is the must have. Don't have a problem with the likeness, not sure what you guys are looking at or if you looked at all the other Indy posters in general...or most movie posters to be honest.
Also, luls at the bulky jacket comment. :roll:

Happy to add to the collection, but especially excited for the potential of Doom and Crusade, which are really underrepresented in general.

Congrats to LD and BNG!
User avatar
rubberneck
Art God
Posts: 25686
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:19 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:40 pm

wonkabars7 wrote:I think it does a great job of adding to what is already out there re: Raiders/Indy poster art, which is all you could ask for.

Have gone on and on before about the title, but that is just more Lucas meddling and Joe's hands are tied so I get it.
Agree with others on the credit block on the bottom, would have tied it all together nicely...but yeah, seems like a copyright nightmare.

Love the upstairs/downstairs effect, as all the vintage posters show Indy front and center, whereas in reality he is literally getting down and dirty doing all the work while the villains literally sit and wait in the series especially in Raiders.
Var is better IMO, but the wood is the must have. Don't have a problem with the likeness, not sure what you guys are looking at or if you looked at all the other Indy posters in general...or most movie posters to be honest.
Also, luls at the bulky jacket comment. :roll:

Happy to add to the collection, but especially excited for the potential of Doom and Crusade, which are really underrepresented in general.

Congrats to LD and BNG!
Amazing how a freebie can change ones attitude... 8)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0


"rara charta, gravi negotio"
User avatar
wonkabars7
Art Expert
Posts: 7087
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 2:13 pm

Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:40 pm

No, it was the Harrison Ford chub rub I am promised that really won me over.
User avatar
longchamps
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 337
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:37 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:41 pm

As far as likeness, it's hard to tell from the low quality jpg. The Karen Allen likeness in the preview is pretty spot on though so I'm betting Harrison Ford will look better up close.

Image
Post Reply