Bottleneck Gallery News/Rumors!

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus
Posts: 52227
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:50 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:42 pm

acidburn wrote:After a few hours of just relaxing a little, it helps ease the mind.
Image
So it goes...
dskdaniel
Art Expert
Posts: 3515
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:43 pm
Location: Hollywood

Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:27 am

How about a timed release for only 60 seconds? Would that be better for people who don't like timed releases?
User avatar
acidburn
Art Daddy
Posts: 9547
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:06 pm

Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:40 am

dskdaniel wrote:How about a timed release for only 60 seconds? Would that be better for people who don't like timed releases?
i actually had another idea in mind. We will see though.
User avatar
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus
Posts: 52227
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:50 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:45 am

Call me old fashioned, but i prefer a good ol' textbook set size limited edition release. *shrugs*
So it goes...
User avatar
ajmmck
Art Expert
Posts: 2284
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:28 pm
Location: Australia

Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:51 am

acidburn wrote:
dskdaniel wrote:How about a timed release for only 60 seconds? Would that be better for people who don't like timed releases?
i actually had another idea in mind. We will see though.
Running Man / Hunger Games sort of set up maybe?
User avatar
35mmpaul
Art Expert
Posts: 8445
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:40 pm
Location: NYC

Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:55 am

Timed Reg for some and a limited variant is fun.

Clearly it's not for all releases. But is an alternative to help interested parties not to stress out.

I think that FOMO on a print that might end up flipping into oblivion can drive alot of purchases.

But when timed editions are in the thousands there is something to be said about the demand vs. supply.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
User avatar
hax0n
Art Expert
Posts: 2781
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:43 pm
Location: Keepin' Austin Weird

Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:56 am

Timed edition everything imo!
Image
electrachrome wrote:None of us who are responsible for this website really have any idea how it works
User avatar
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus
Posts: 52227
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:50 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:59 am

35mmpaul wrote:Timed Reg for some and a limited variant is fun.

Clearly it's not for all releases. But is an alternative to help interested parties not to stress out.
I do think these mixed releases have been a reasonable compromise between the two. Someone who missed out on the variant, would still have a fallback option. Really only makes sense on the super high profile stuff.
So it goes...
User avatar
jkw3000
EB Team
Posts: 23211
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:22 pm
Location: NYC

Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:01 am

Dunno what there is to complain about. You get a timed and a limited. It's about as fair a compromise as you're gonna get.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
User avatar
acidburn
Art Daddy
Posts: 9547
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:06 pm

Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:02 am

mfaith wrote:Call me old fashioned, but i prefer a good ol' textbook set size limited edition release. *shrugs*

Still waiting on that first purchase from you :P
User avatar
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus
Posts: 52227
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:50 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:04 am

acidburn wrote:
mfaith wrote:Call me old fashioned, but i prefer a good ol' textbook set size limited edition release. *shrugs*

Still waiting on that first purchase from you :P
lol i've bought from Arcadium. ;-D Haven't been getting much pop culture stuff lately. (but doesn't mean i won't, for the right thing :cheers:)
Last edited by mfaith on Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
So it goes...
User avatar
63schoeffling
Art Expert
Posts: 8173
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:52 am

Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:07 am

jkw3000 wrote:Dunno what there is to complain about. You get a timed and a limited. It's about as fair a compromise as you're gonna get.
That about sums it up.
User avatar
lujborg
Art Expert
Posts: 1410
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:55 pm
Location: purgatory

Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:14 am

partpat wrote:
theonlytexaspete wrote:Any chance of a Timed variant on Durieux's Indy? :-)
Alexei

This thread is a hot bed of pussies and losers begging for open editions and lotteries , even on prints that aren't gonna flip. Get everyone a participation trophy :hanging:

:lol: :lol: :clap:

acidburn wrote: It was nice to actually not have to go through a bunch of hate mail and calming ppl down when something sells out in a minute. I think most of these people you see get pissed really just act off emotions at the time.
I think that was the point of that comment. catering to the babies is giving in. you don't have to make those people happy, nothing will.
I'm here for the oil palm breeding (international society member, since 2003)
User avatar
jkw3000
EB Team
Posts: 23211
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:22 pm
Location: NYC

Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:27 am

lujborg wrote:
acidburn wrote: It was nice to actually not have to go through a bunch of hate mail and calming ppl down when something sells out in a minute. I think most of these people you see get pissed really just act off emotions at the time.
I think that was the point of that comment. catering to the babies is giving in. you don't have to make those people happy, nothing will.
Yeah but at some point when the numbers of people complaining are way, way bigger than the very small run allotted (which I assume is why they lotto'd off the prints they did, and they only did it on 2-3 releases), then maybe it's reasonable to try another approach that facilitates at least the illusion that it's not all to the bots or whatever. I'd personally prefer to strike out on a drop, even against somebody faster or with a bot or who's wired into the matrix or is Josh or whatever, but Bottleneck's done a pretty good job of varying the types of releases that they've done. Try out new things, if it doesn't work I'm sure they'll adapt like they have this past year.

Anyway, when's the next show dammit. :evil:
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
User avatar
Sceazy
Art Expert
Posts: 2414
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:32 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:28 am

hax0n wrote:Timed edition everything imo!
fudge like this is why I like HaKson more. :lol:
Image
ryanfromindiana wrote:drymount all of you crying about missing, you probably aren't even true fans.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ArtPrint/
Post Reply