Bottleneck Gallery News/Rumors!

General art-related discussion.
acidburn
Art Daddy

Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:40 pm

ethnosax wrote:
acidburn wrote:
ethnosax wrote:Pretty good--better than the previews made me think it would be. Some initial observations:

**I don't like how the upper corners seem to be reverse shots of the same battle scene. I don't quite get that.
**Also, the Vader next to the Emperor, on the right, is from the end of Episode 4, right? I'm not sure why it's placed there.
**The ships coming from the first Death Star, on the left, are actually from the second Death Star battle.
**On the regular, what's the logic behind which characters are more colored-in, and which are black and white? I guess I'm mainly wondering why Boba Fett seems to be included in the "major characters who are highlighted."
**Makes sense to have the X-wing coming out of the title; less sense to have the probe droid so prominent in the middle of the title...

Still, overall not bad. What are the prices?

thats the craziest oreo comment sandwich ive ever seen haha.
I'm not even sure what that means, but . . . thanks(?) :)
positive negative positive :P

Like you look amazing besides that belly but damn youre beautiful
DeadHand
Art Expert

Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:41 pm

IronBott wrote:I am really digging this, all the iconic pictures are there in one poster. Just curious why there is no movie block.
They had a deal.
glenn1
Art Expert

Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:41 pm

westb59 wrote:I think by having it sectioned off each section should represent an episode.
Are you saying they don't? Because it sure looks like each panel represents an episode to me.
rubberneck
Art God

Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:42 pm

acidburn wrote:
ethnosax wrote:
acidburn wrote:
matowest wrote:Nice work. Odd how some elements cross over the lines delineating the films and some don't. But nice work, nonetheless
very good question He actually tried both and he prefered the sabers to be like that. He didnt like that it was just a portion of the tip.

That sounds quite dirty actually
I think the sabers should have crossed over the border lines. That Darth and Luke are kind of the foreground of the whole piece, and it's a nice balance of composition. Would make more sense to me to have the lightsabers all there. But if Gabz tried both versions and liked this one better, I'm probably wrong.
he went through both. He just didnt like it. It was a topic.

I also want to thank Germain Lussier for catching something no one else saw which we fixed just in time.
Once upon a time..? 8)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
ethnosax
Art Connoisseur

Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:43 pm

glenn1 wrote:
ethnosax wrote:**On the regular, what's the logic behind which characters are more colored-in, and which are black and white? I guess I'm mainly wondering why Boba Fett seems to be included in the "major characters who are highlighted."
The only characters that look to be full b/w to me are the ones at the top of each panel; Obi-Wan, Vader, and the Emperor.
Yes, you're right. I guess it's that the green is so much different from the other colors throughout the poster, it looks like more of a highlight on the characters that have it. I like the variant color scheme a little better, partly for that reason.
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:43 pm

DeadHand wrote:
IronBott wrote:I am really digging this, all the iconic pictures are there in one poster. Just curious why there is no movie block.
They had a deal.
Pray they don't alter it any further.
acidburn
Art Daddy

Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:45 pm

glenn1 wrote:
westb59 wrote:I think by having it sectioned off each section should represent an episode.
Are you saying they don't? Because it sure looks like each panel represents an episode to me.
yea each panel represents an episode for the most part.
Just curious why there is no movie block.
its one print representing all episodes. Not really needed but we can't do billing blocks anyway
Once upon a time..? 8)
And the save seriously
Last edited by acidburn on Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greedy21
Art Expert

Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:45 pm

From an outside perspective (not being a big Star Wars fan), I really like the variant colorways. Nice looking print all around!
ethnosax
Art Connoisseur

Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:46 pm

acidburn wrote:
ethnosax wrote:
acidburn wrote:
ethnosax wrote:Pretty good--better than the previews made me think it would be. Some initial observations:

**I don't like how the upper corners seem to be reverse shots of the same battle scene. I don't quite get that.
**Also, the Vader next to the Emperor, on the right, is from the end of Episode 4, right? I'm not sure why it's placed there.
**The ships coming from the first Death Star, on the left, are actually from the second Death Star battle.
**On the regular, what's the logic behind which characters are more colored-in, and which are black and white? I guess I'm mainly wondering why Boba Fett seems to be included in the "major characters who are highlighted."
**Makes sense to have the X-wing coming out of the title; less sense to have the probe droid so prominent in the middle of the title...

Ah, I see. :) I guess I was just going to question one or two things, and then I got on a roll... Sorry--didn't mean to spoil the party! :)
matowest
Art Expert

Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:46 pm

greedy21 wrote:From an outside perspective (not being a big Star Wars fan), I really like the variant colorways. Nice looking print all around!
Ditto to all of this.
westb59
Art Connoisseur

Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:47 pm

glenn1 wrote:
Now that I look at it more it's correct. Had to think more about it. So where is the foil edition? :notworthy:
acidburn
Art Daddy

Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:48 pm

westb59 wrote:
glenn1 wrote:
Now that I look at it more it's correct. Had to think more about it. So where is the foil edition? :notworthy:
eh just two versions. Only tend to do foils with Welker mainly.
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:50 pm

Where's the die-cut chromium pop-up edition?
Oh, sorry I thought we were talking about 90s comic books.
SnakeEyes75
Art Connoisseur

Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:55 pm

acidburn wrote:
matowest wrote:Nice work. Odd how some elements cross over the lines delineating the films and some don't. But nice work, nonetheless
very good question He actually tried both and he prefered the sabers to be like that. He didnt like that it was just a portion of the tip.

That sounds quite dirty actually
Do both use metallic inks? Any other differences that can't be discerned form looking at these jpegs?
dskdaniel
Art Expert

Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:03 pm

acidburn wrote:
ethnosax wrote:
acidburn wrote:

He's negging you. You'll be begging to give him one for free.