Bottleneck Gallery News/Rumors!

General art-related discussion.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:53 pm

jrsheppa wrote:Oof. Never seen Acidburn get worked up like this.
:lol:

Worked up? Please. aivc blatantly called him a liar and Joe responded in a level-headed manner. Aivc is just playing the part of whiny bitch who wasn't able to flip a print. I'd hate to see Acidburn ACTUALLY get worked up; half of y'all would be blacklisted from ANY future bottleneck/arcadium/UTB sales.

acidburn wrote:
I get it. I understand people want to profit off exclusive items. I'm not the one that has the burn the flipper mentality like others. When I get emails all the time about a Welker drop and how theyre all on Ebay, after counting there are like 6 auctions on ebay out of 150 prints, I explain how its really such a small percentage. This time just bothered me.

Unlike other galleries/online boutique, i gave a chance to take it down. I thought 4-5 hours was a fair amount. I didn't ban, I didn't blacklist, I asked politely. Unfortunately, I only got a response after I refunded after giving an hour extra.
Just another example of how Bottleneck and their whole crew are doing things right. You guys get that many of the things you sell are bought only to flip, but you also understand that that is the nature of selling attractive art and selling it at a price point and edition size that doesn't eliminate the flip. Perfect. I applaud you refunding the tools who try to pre-sell something that hasn't even been released to the public. :clap:
jordanonthereg
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:55 pm

JOE WINS! the end
aivc
Art Expert

Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:58 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:
Worked up? Please. aivc blatantly called him a liar and Joe responded in a level-headed manner. Aivc is just playing the part of whiny bitch who wasn't able to flip a print. I'd hate to see Acidburn ACTUALLY get worked up; half of y'all would be blacklisted from ANY future bottleneck/arcadium/UTB sales.
Meanwhile, you're the first one to actually resort to name calling, when neither Joe nor I had used cuss words this whole time. Congrats
aibohphobia wrote:Maybe, but either way you get some cred for joining on 4-20 at 4:20. Nexus of the Universe.
acidburn
Art Daddy

Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:59 pm

im sorry for bringing it to the the thread. I just noticed the tone of the of the posts matched the tone of the emails. I'm pretty positive if he had just been somewhat apologetic, I would have let him rebuy.

I thank everyone though who did purchase a reserve that day for not putting it on Ebay right away. Still think its awesome no one put up a Tabby yet haha

Meanwhile, you're the first one to actually resort to name calling, when neither Joe nor I had used cuss words this whole time. Congrats
not going to lie..i think I was about to say a lot worse then that after you mentioned the "bad taste" part in the email chain. :P
Last edited by acidburn on Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:00 pm

jordanonthereg wrote:JOE WINS! the end
So it goes...
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:00 pm

aivc wrote:
earlgreytoast wrote:
Well, since you are resorting to using semantics to attack Joe, I actually didn't call you a name at all. I said you're "playing the part of." Get it together, man.

Oh and

mfaith wrote:
jordanonthereg wrote:JOE WINS! the end
PLUSH
Art Expert

Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:03 pm

I would like his print. :D
ClaytonHopper
Art Expert

Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:04 pm

Anyone call dibs on the refunded print yet? :lol:

Edit: Damn you PLUSH, beat me to it
aivc
Art Expert

Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:05 pm

earlgreytoast wrote: Well, since you are resorting to using semantics to attack Joe, I actually didn't call you a name at all. I said you're "playing the part of." Get it together, man.
No need to hide behind semantics man, you fired the first shot in a conversation that was argumentative and heated indeed, but free of ad hominem attacks.
aibohphobia wrote:Maybe, but either way you get some cred for joining on 4-20 at 4:20. Nexus of the Universe.
bryndavies
Art Expert

Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:07 pm

What'd I miss?
ImageT.K.C.
acidburn
Art Daddy

Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:08 pm

aivc wrote:
earlgreytoast wrote: Well, since you are resorting to using semantics to attack Joe, I actually didn't call you a name at all. I said you're "playing the part of." Get it together, man.
No need to hide behind semantics man, you fired the first shot in a conversation that was argumentative and heated indeed, but free of ad hominem attacks.
too many big words....

Bisser tease

mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:09 pm

Not sure if that dude knows it, but he has a train track in his mouth. :D
So it goes...
bigmclargehuge1
Art Expert

Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:12 pm

acidburn wrote:
aivc wrote: Bisser tease

:clap:
ClaytonHopper
Art Expert

Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:15 pm

bigmclargehuge1 wrote:
acidburn wrote:
aivc wrote: Bisser tease

:clap:
:drool:
jkw3000
EB Team

Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:20 pm

acidburn wrote:
aivc wrote:
too many big words....

Bisser tease

:o
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.