Private Commission Club

General art-related discussion.
binky79
Art Expert

Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:00 pm

oinkoink wrote:Oh, interesting. So it's like a social network of sorts? Is this forum the primary form of communication? I'm just curious because if I was part of the group, I'd prefer to keep everything locked up from the general public, even the releases, to maintain the elusiveness and exclusiveness of the club.
Hmmm. Interesting idea, lol.
oinkoink wrote:But hey, what do I know, I'm new to the boards.
oinkoink
Art Connoisseur

Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:13 pm

binky79 wrote:
oinkoink wrote:Oh, interesting. So it's like a social network of sorts? Is this forum the primary form of communication? I'm just curious because if I was part of the group, I'd prefer to keep everything locked up from the general public, even the releases, to maintain the elusiveness and exclusiveness of the club.
Hmmm. Interesting idea, lol.
oinkoink wrote:But hey, what do I know, I'm new to the boards.
Being skeptical or cynical of me will be fruitless. I'm trying to politely request that people maintain the other people's privacy and perhaps reconsider the original intent of such clubs. All it takes is one crack to make the cookie crumble.
Superfro33
Art Expert

Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:18 pm

oinkoink wrote:Being skeptical or cynical of me will be fruitless. I'm trying to politely request that people maintain the other people's privacy and perhaps reconsider the original intent of such clubs. All it takes is one crack to make the cookie crumble.
dweebofthedead
Art Expert

Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:21 pm

So -- can I be part of the club now? :D
jkw3000
EB Team

Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:23 pm

Such commissions groups are secret not because of a desire to maintain some sense of superiority among club members (though I imagine some people do enjoy that), but because of necessity - since it's all unlicensed stuff, any discussion of intended releases can be subject to cease and desist by license holders.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
Particle
Art Expert

Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:29 pm

jeter0204 wrote:
MoviePosterEmpire wrote:
FlapJack wrote:I received a refund a from BetterCallSaul.

Just to clear the air ... I don't think BCS was trying to scam me out of $73. I wasn't part of the group that commissioned this poster, but when the details went public he reached out to me and I was able to pay for and one of the regular editions in the run (Jan 6th to be exact) ... paid through BCS. It was my understandin that my payment and information were passed on to fourthstooge at that time.

I'm not on facebook, and obviously this poster took some time since it had to be reprinted and many copies to ship ... BCS keep me updated the whole time on how things were going, sent pictures of how the poster looked printed, and other projects, etc. Very good communication throughout. As he mentioned, I really don't think he was playing the long con for a couple of bucks.

I got nervous when it appeared everyone else still had their poster in hand, and even finally BCS got his as well. At this point I contacted fourthstooge directly, but he didn't respond to my PMs that he read. BCS was able to keep communicating with him for me and even offered to send me his poster ... I declined, because it still sounded like I would get sorted eventually. I finally got to point to make a few comments directly in threads to get some attention to this, as my PMs were just getting radio silence. I'm sorted out with a refund, although I'm not sure that should have come from BCS.

My lesson learned, and for the most part I've managed to avoid EB drama until now. Am a bit bummed that I don't get the poster I've waited patiently for.

Slightly less tldr version ... it's my fault for not joining facebook (and for dressing kinda slutty) so I got what I deserved. Honestly, I wouldn't write off BetterCallSaul for this incident ... as I believe his intentions were for good, not evil.
He PB'd for you so it has nothing to do with the group. It was BCS's responsibility to get you the poster that he bought, not FS. You shouldn't have been messaging FS at all since you're not in the group and it wasn't going to be shipped to anyone other than the person who bought it. It's like messaging Mondo directly about buying something from an eBay flipper.
Paging DrewJ....Paging DrewJ

DrewJ never did that brah
TheBeard
Art Expert

Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:57 pm

So much drama over paper.

What's gonna happen when trees go extinct?
Woodrocket podcast - http://itun.es/us/8lNFJ.c
MoviePosterEmpire

Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:59 pm

TheBeard wrote:So much drama over paper.

Foil...
khetti
Art Enthusiast

Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:00 pm

TheBeard wrote:What's gonna happen when trees go extinct?
Printing on human skin and plastic shopping bags.
jkw3000
EB Team

Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:11 pm

Printed on the backs of failips. Your next Horkey will come double-sided with Free Birds.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
Particle
Art Expert

Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:18 pm

They'll start printing on wood
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:19 pm

jkw3000 wrote:

Printed on the backs of failips. Your next Horkey will come double-sided with Free Birds.
ISO
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
Particle
Art Expert

Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:21 pm

:wink:
natepachl
Art Expert

Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:29 pm

All of those comments are signature worthy :clap:
I wouldn't deal with JakeStanley / eBay user fratdaddyjake