alexphoto01
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:24 pm

mrkyuss wrote: Have you ever moved?
I decided not to move partly because of this
choke
Art Expert

Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:39 pm

No clue what happened to my copy of this.

Also had A Brooklynite Gallery Aiko invite that for the last 3-4 years alluded me.

Oddly enough I just found that last week.

Had ordered this, and the Silver and Gold minis (all the first mini flags he sold), and for the life of me couldnt find the RWB version. Actually convinced myself some friends had possibly stolen it. Was getting completely paranoid about the whole situation. Then I found it in some random box I must have checked 20 times prior for the exact item

tl;dr
jamesgunter
Art Expert

Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:41 pm

never 'lost' anything... but i've sure as hell found stuff i forgot i even had
egrimens
Art Expert

Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:01 pm

electrachrome wrote:Image

picked up two of these (one was to be a gift to my boss)...vaguely remember it arriving, I don't think I ever got them out of the tube. they either got recycled or are still rolled up somewhere in my tube pile.
Check the one that says "Taped Both Ends" guessing it hasn't been opened in a while
dsanacore
Art Expert

Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:35 pm

TheEhTeam wrote:Thought this got lost in the move until the other day when I opened an envelope to use it as a mailer and tada!
Nice find!

cerebus wrote:Detritus.

Just threw it out along with other pieces of cardboard. :oops:
Did you cry? That's brutal. :hanging:
Image Image
ahrkitekt
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:56 pm

TheEhTeam wrote:Thought this got lost in the move until the other day when I opened an envelope to use it as a mailer and tada!
At one point I had misplaced all my tiny showcase prints, until I found them in the Horkey letterpress box. I know I put them in there to keep them safe, but I was contemplating throwing out that box because I already framed the letterpress stuff. I can't tell you how many things I have misplace because I wanted to make sure I didn't loss them. Sometime they resurface years later.
ISO Horkey Nesting
Tapecat
Art Expert

Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:07 pm

How I wish that would have been sent to me...That's the last small one I want in my Keyes collection.

I LOST an archival Ansel Adams snake river/Tetons print that the Kitten and I got for our marriage. It actually shows the exact spot where we got hitched in the print. still sad about that one.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
danieldanger
LORD KINGSHIT

Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:16 pm

only two things ive owned to really go missing were a horkey 'the locust' print, which was stolen from my old apartment right off the wall while we were having a house show, and his 'consilidated' set. which i KNOW I OWN, but for the life of me i havent seen it since it arrived, having done serious digging with no luck. boo.
dsanacore
Art Expert

Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:48 pm

danieldanger wrote:only two things ive owned to really go missing were a horkey 'the locust' print, which was stolen from my old apartment right off the wall while we were having a house show, and his 'consilidated' set. which i KNOW I OWN, but for the life of me i havent seen it since it arrived, having done serious digging with no luck. boo.
Someone stole a piece off your wall? That has to be one of the lamest things I've ever heard. I can't even wrap my head around what kind of person would stoop to doing something like that. Sorry Daniel. :(
Image Image
Tapecat
Art Expert

Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:58 pm

danieldanger wrote:only two things ive owned to really go missing were a horkey 'the locust' print, which was stolen from my old apartment right off the wall while we were having a house show, and his 'consilidated' set. which i KNOW I OWN, but for the life of me i havent seen it since it arrived, having done serious digging with no luck. boo.
Holy Crap that SUCKS!!!!!

I can hook you up with that print no probs. PM me your addy and I'll send it to ya
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
mr_rugby
Art Expert

Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:18 pm

egrimens wrote:

picked up two of these (one was to be a gift to my boss)...vaguely remember it arriving, I don't think I ever got them out of the tube. they either got recycled or are still rolled up somewhere in my tube pile.
Check the one that says "Taped Both Ends" guessing it hasn't been opened in a while
Thanks for the contest!

I'll take the tube with the 28 on it
chalkdust
Art Expert

Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:10 pm

I accidentally sent this wrong poster to Brazil, never made it back..

that definitely sucked. :hanging:

electrachrome
Site Admin

Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:07 pm

picked up two of these (one was to be a gift to my boss)...vaguely remember it arriving, I don't think I ever got them out of the tube....
...and found. both still in the tube. I'm in the process of thinning the tube collection and stumbled upon these.

RiotAct
EB Trainee

Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:09 pm

About $25,000 or so.

Oh, art-related? Nothing yet, I think.
1000steps wrote:Gift payments are like unprotected sex - always a bad idea with strangers... If you are gonna do it, do it with someone you trust absolutely.
turne289
Art Connoisseur

Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:08 pm

pretty audacious to take a print right off your wall