Dark Hall Mansion Thread -- News / Releases / Rumors / Art

General art-related discussion.
partpat
Art Freak

Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:04 am

Timbrh2001 wrote:
alittle wrote:This isn't a gig print.
Wait, this isn't a gig print for an upcoming Jimi Hendrix concert?

:lol:
alittle
Art Freak

Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:06 am

My point was your comparison makes no sense.
rubberneck
Art God

Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:13 am

Timbrh2001 wrote:
TheBeard wrote:I hope its a print of this:

I would have wrote Randy Watson instead.
Goddamn, that boy can sing...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
Timbrh2001
Art Expert

Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:15 am

alittle wrote:My point was your comparison makes no sense.
"A non-movie poster from Stout"

^That was what I was responding to^

A gig print is a non-movie poster and both have similar run numbers so what I said makes perfect sense.
skullyland
Art Connoisseur

Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:38 am

Gig poster, stout or not, this really is one of the biggest artist properties they could snagg. Hendrix is one of the most profitable names in music even after his death. His fans are a legion and he constantly gains new ones--think of teenage guitar players. Stout could probably sell 800 anything on his own--a picture of a duck blowing a whistle, riding a turtle into a sewer pipe guided by a school of fish would sell around 400 copies. I think too many people are disappointed that it isnt xmen, and rightfully so if you anticipated this. Realistically though, you create your own expectations.
ISO: Rhys Cooper Critters
bfa_artist
Art Enthusiast

Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:55 am

TopHatZombies wrote:Are we sure that Jimi Hendrix preview was for this piece? Wasn't that just a pic from his Instagram? Couldn't that mean it's for a different project? So many questionzzzzzzzz!!!!
That's what I'm thinking. The two styles don't appear to be similar at all.
Thebialy
Art Connoisseur

Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:56 am

lol @ people on here not knowing how great jimi hendrix was. I know at least 10-15 Ebers that are Phish heads and that means they all know and love Jimi. I know timberh2001 will agree.
Timbrh2001 wrote:
alittle wrote:This isn't a gig print.
Wait, this isn't a gig print for an upcoming Jimi Hendrix concert?
hahahahaahahahh
thebends9
Art Expert

Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:56 am

bfa_artist wrote:
TopHatZombies wrote:Are we sure that Jimi Hendrix preview was for this piece? Wasn't that just a pic from his Instagram? Couldn't that mean it's for a different project? So many questionzzzzzzzz!!!!
http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... start=1710
bfa_artist
Art Enthusiast

Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:57 am

thebends9 wrote:
bfa_artist wrote:
http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... start=1710
Yeah. I saw that right after I commented.

:oops:
fanboy
Art Expert

Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:58 am

I opened up my Whalen variant folio this morning. Damn these are beautiful. A couple issues regarding registration, but otherwise arrived in excellent condition.
ironjaiden wrote:I'm a whore so I'll draw whatever you want for a warm meal and a dirty hand job. Every artist is different.
Timbrh2001
Art Expert

Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:14 am

skullyland wrote:Gig poster, stout or not, this really is one of the biggest artist properties they could snagg. Hendrix is one of the most profitable names in music even after his death. His fans are a legion and he constantly gains new ones--think of teenage guitar players. Stout could probably sell 800 anything on his own--a picture of a duck blowing a whistle, riding a turtle into a sewer pipe guided by a school of fish would sell around 400 copies. I think too many people are disappointed that it isnt xmen, and rightfully so if you anticipated this. Realistically though, you create your own expectations.
Assuming this print is a fitting tribute to Hendrix, I think if DHM finds the right music sites, blogs, etc... to raise awareness and market this release, they'll have no problem selling out this one instantly and creating aftermarket demand.
jjttdw
Art Expert

Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:16 am

finneganm wrote:Extra glad I PB'd the SHAG portfolio now. Can't wait to get my Stout Arthur.
That is a nice reward. You deserve it.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
finneganm
Art Freak

Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:18 am

Aurthur would have been great. Everyone loves Dudley Moore.
That's what she said
bfa_artist
Art Enthusiast

Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:21 am

Haters gonna hate. I'm all over a Hendrix print by Stout! If you don't like it, don't buy it. There is a better chance that I will get one then.

:drool:
OsironESP
Art Connoisseur

Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:21 am

KingOfNothing wrote:Meh, I doubt this will ever be highly sought after in the secondary market. Hardcore Hendrix fans have no idea who Stout is and hardcore Stout fans have a slight passing interest in who Hendrix is... yes, I'm talking to the 5 or 6 Hendrix fans on EB. Gotta admit I'm a little disappointed in the subject matter. That being said I'll try and grab one for future trading.
Correct, I believe EB opened up via Mondo and the rest of the Movie Print craze, before that, I do not think EB existed...

Wait..A quick search shows that there are lots of music prints in the database...odd. :shock:

Jesus, Stout does a DHM, people say it must be a stout or DHM really busts, now its confirmed but its for Hendrix?! Who the drymount is Jimi Hendrix? Oh, it wont flip, worthless paper then.

Who the fudge cares?! Stout Hendrix, if so, is going to be pretty damn intense, Hendrix is one of the best ever, and if people do not know who hendrix is, I think they have some bigger problems.