Dark Hall Mansion Thread -- News / Releases / Rumors / Art

General art-related discussion.
binky79
Art Expert

Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:14 pm

I REALLY dig it, probably more than 'Woodstocks Song of Love'. But thats not too surprising though, is it?

Peanuts? Check. Spusta? Check. Little weird? Check.
I certainly share ol' Chucks love of sports, as well as his talent/skill for playing.

Hoping I can score that Infield Green.
Last edited by binky79 on Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
glenn1
Art Expert

Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:18 pm

It's not for me, but I kind of admire the weirdness.
jkw3000
EB Team

Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:00 am

DarkHallMansion wrote:
jkw3000 wrote:Yeah, I've seen the panel, but I also think a print depicting that one moment in time can sap the image of the psychology perception of motion that reading a comic strip from panel to panel can bring. But that's just my opinion, much respect still to Marq and to his point of reference with Schulz.

That "pow" panel is still one of my favorites though.
We think Marq reached to that Schulz imagery for a single stand alone print precisely because its surreal nature and strength speaks to something more broadly, with everyone being Charlie Brown on that mound at some point in life and our reaction to it, not solely the fun gags as you can imagine, since it's Schulz but also filtered via Marq's perception as artist as well so informs his choices.

Thanks on the input JK, DHM
https://www.facebook.com/Dark-Hall-Mans ... 752134162/
No worries. I didn't interpret that panel as surreal myself, just as part of a sequential build for the comic. But I respect that Marq found surrealness in that particular panel and is creating a single image to display the strangeness of freezing that panel. It's pretty fascinating to see his perspective latch onto it, and at the very least it's always nice to get some insight on the thinking - I may not agree, but I appreciate the perspective.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:19 am

It reminds me of odd simpsons frames taken out of context.

http://aplus.com/a/20-perfectly-timed-simpsons-moments

This is my favorite.

jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
dutchflowers
Art Expert

Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:50 am

Edited by mod
DarkHallMansion
Art Expert

Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:32 pm

jkw3000 wrote:
DarkHallMansion wrote:
jkw3000 wrote:Yeah, I've seen the panel, but I also think a print depicting that one moment in time can sap the image of the psychology perception of motion that reading a comic strip from panel to panel can bring. But that's just my opinion, much respect still to Marq and to his point of reference with Schulz.

That "pow" panel is still one of my favorites though.
We think Marq reached to that Schulz imagery for a single stand alone print precisely because its surreal nature and strength speaks to something more broadly, with everyone being Charlie Brown on that mound at some point in life and our reaction to it, not solely the fun gags as you can imagine, since it's Schulz but also filtered via Marq's perception as artist as well so informs his choices.

Thanks on the input JK, DHM
No worries. I didn't interpret that panel as surreal myself, just as part of a sequential build for the comic. But I respect that Marq found surrealness in that particular panel and is creating a single image to display the strangeness of freezing that panel. It's pretty fascinating to see his perspective latch onto it, and at the very least it's always nice to get some insight on the thinking - I may not agree, but I appreciate the perspective.
Exactly, spot on JK! :clap: Image of Marq, his original concept drawing and a development image.

DHM

FroDawg
Art Expert

Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:05 am

Sorry, just catching up here. Has the exact time of the drop on the 14th been established? (Saw it's the 14th on Marq's FB page)

Thanks...
"If the thunder don't getcha then the lightnin' will."
DarkHallMansion
Art Expert

Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:13 pm

FroDawg wrote:Sorry, just catching up here. Has the exact time of the drop on the 14th been established? (Saw it's the 14th on Marq's FB page)

Thanks...
Hi Fro, they go on sale this Tues, June 14th, at 12:30 PM-PST in our store here: http://darkhallmansionstore.com

Appreciated!

DHM
http://darkhallmansionstore.com
CaptainBlood
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:28 am

Have there been any updates on LD's To Catch a Thief? Seems like that one has been a while....
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:31 am

CaptainBlood wrote:Have there been any updates on LD's To Catch a Thief? Seems like that one has been a while....
From a couple pages back:
DarkHallMansion wrote:Image

Laurent Durieux signing for DHM in Belgium. "To Catch a Thief" editions have been shipped by his printer and en route to LA. Here you see paper and canvas editions plus an earlier image from his printer on one of the foils. On arrival our Customs broker will clear per usual with all prints driven up to Paragon Press for client fulfillment. Tracking numbers provided by Paragon as editions ship out to buyers.

Thanks to all for your courtesy, DHM
http://darkhallmansionstore.com
CaptainBlood
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:02 pm

Ahhh cool thanks!
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:02 pm

I know I've said it before but DAMN I wish that Yuko Batman Returns variant was less than 100 bucks.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:06 pm

Will the Spusta be shipped flat?
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:52 pm

35mmpaul wrote:Will the Spusta be shipped flat?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
weshallallbe
Art Expert

Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:40 pm

35mmpaul wrote:Will the Spusta be shipped flat?

Lolz. But imagine how much flat shopping would cost from DHM :hanging: