Dark Hall Mansion Thread -- News / Releases / Rumors / Art

General art-related discussion.
machination
EB Team Emeritus

Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:50 pm

DarkHallMansion wrote:Fair enough guys, we don't mind pushing off till Tues if that might facilitate all as the prints are ready to go so we'll being shipping them out next week regardless.

Thanks as always for the input,
DHM
http://www.DarkHallMansion.com
Just do it whenever you are able to. There's always an inconvenient time for people.
statik
Art Expert

Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:05 pm

The sad thing is the release discussion for Charlie Brown Xmas was 2 pages. Now come drop day it's at 28 pages. The clear intentions and amount of self entitlement in that thread is a thing I have no words for. You gave people the option to do a reserve lock and yet people still feel the need to complain. Then again they also complained about the etiquette behind it. I don't know many companies that practically hold their customers hand even when their clearly out of line.
drymount your sig!
cchang
Art Connoisseur

Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:09 pm

statik wrote:The sad thing is the release discussion for Charlie Brown Xmas was 2 pages. Now come drop day it's at 28 pages. The clear intentions and amount of self entitlement in that thread is a thing I have no words for. You gave people the option to do a reserve lock and yet people still feel the need to complain. Then again they also complained about the etiquette behind it. I don't know many companies that practically hold their customers hand even when their clearly out of line.
This.

Then again, this...

blingaling
Art Expert

Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:13 pm

statik wrote:The sad thing is the release discussion for Charlie Brown Xmas was 2 pages. Now come drop day it's at 28 pages. The clear intentions and amount of self entitlement in that thread is a thing I have no words for. You gave people the option to do a reserve lock and yet people still feel the need to complain. Then again they also complained about the etiquette behind it. I don't know many companies that practically hold their customers hand even when their clearly out of line.
You're kidding right? They gave people the option to buy a reserve spot. Then we wasted a good portion of the day on a drop that didn't happen. DHM is accepting responsibility for screwing up, and taking the heat with some humility. Ain't nobody mad here, but I believe some ribbing is well in order.
ImageImageImageImage
jkw3000
EB Team

Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:16 pm

They gave them a reserve lock by buying a completely different, unrelated print, one that cost the same as the print they wanted. If you wanted etiquette, it would've been offered for those who got Great Pumpkin, but this was an attempt (one that they admitted to) at drumming up more sales for a print with less interest/exposure. They're welcome to do that since it's their business, but thinking that it's beyond reproach is a little much.

This is an old argument though and it's fine, but I'm pretty sure any time a drop with a 2+ hour drop window is canceled outright after the timeframe...I mean, it's the same sort of etiquette as the cable guy saying he'll show up sometime and telling you it's not happening after the designated time window. Sure it happens, but it's still kind of discourteous.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
statik
Art Expert

Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:23 pm

blingaling wrote:
You're kidding right? They gave people the option to buy a reserve spot. Then we wasted a good portion of the day on a drop that didn't happen. DHM is accepting responsibility for screwing up, and taking the heat with some humility. Ain't nobody mad here, but I believe some ribbing is well in order.
Not kidding at all.

This fudge was a no brainer. Just look at the previous Delort release by DHM and what it's selling for. Going by that, buying a reserve lock on a print still puts you UNDER the cost of what people are asking. Not only that but you get to avoid the headache of the drop and focus on things like work, your kids, or my fellow third shifters ...sleep. I have plenty of friends who are Jimi fans so I look at it as a Xmas gift more than anything and "not buying something I never wanted".
drymount your sig!
jkw3000
EB Team

Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:24 pm

K, look at the previous Delort release then. It dropped without incident.
DarkHallMansion
Art Expert

Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:25 pm

blingaling wrote:
Thanks Statik and we understand Bling's point too, frustrating all around, and unfortunately this firm had to be dismissed so now it's about getting these Charlies resolved as quickly as possible and starting to ship out to collectors next week as we'd originally planned.

Appreciate the courtesy guys,
DHM
MagiaOrganica
Art Connoisseur

Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:33 pm

fudge happens and some people are self-entitled little bitches.
jkw3000
EB Team

Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:37 pm

MagiaOrganica wrote:fudge happens and some people are self-entitled little bitches.
Pretty much. DHM's fixed their problem so whatevs. Here's to the next drop...
jrsheppa
Art Expert

Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:44 pm

MagiaOrganica wrote:fudge happens and some people are self-entitled little bitches.
gonzo303 wrote: Same fudge, different drop.
ejg904
Art Expert

Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:52 pm

the only constant throughout the many release debacles is...DHM.

dismiss this firm - that won't solve the underlying problem that is your inability to accept responsibility for failure.

when you own/operate a company, EVERYTHING reflects back on you. if you hire someone to do something and they fail; you fail. instead of pointing the finger at them, take a look in the mirror. YOU chose them, YOU made a bad decision. ultimately, this is YOUR fault.

instead of ripping off excuse after excuse, why don't you try something along the lines of, "we're sorry - this is our fault. we know this is unacceptable and we will learn from our mistakes. we will strive to improve in the future, and hope you give us another opportunity to show you that we are capable of doing better."

then, here's the important part: stop babbling on an art forum. go back to work, iron this out, learn from your mistakes so that you don't drymount up another release.

i think most (reasonable) people don't really care, or are willing to forgive the fact that you didn't drop the prints today - it's mostly offensive that you just cannot see that this is your fault. it's mind boggling that your continue to say fudge like "obviously, the firm will be dismissed."
Chico wrote:
i work in sales. w2 last year was +150K, this year, at 87% of year goal to date and on pace for +200K

want to compare bank accounts, wives, and art portfolios?
Tetsuojin
Art Connoisseur

Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:57 pm

Gotta admit...I wasn't happy waiting for 2.5 hours for this drop and then having the rug pulled out from under me. :(

DHM, please do us a favor and don't reschedule the drop until AFTER the Thanksgiving weekend. Many of us have family plans Thanksgiving through Sunday.
Laguy34
Art Connoisseur

Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:10 pm

ejg904 wrote:the only constant throughout the many release debacles is...DHM.

dismiss this firm - that won't solve the underlying problem that is your inability to accept responsibility for failure.

when you own/operate a company, EVERYTHING reflects back on you. if you hire someone to do something and they fail; you fail. instead of pointing the finger at them, take a look in the mirror. YOU chose them, YOU made a bad decision. ultimately, this is YOUR fault.

instead of ripping off excuse after excuse, why don't you try something along the lines of, "we're sorry - this is our fault. we know this is unacceptable and we will learn from our mistakes. we will strive to improve in the future, and hope you give us another opportunity to show you that we are capable of doing better."

then, here's the important part: stop babbling on an art forum. go back to work, iron this out, learn from your mistakes so that you don't drymount up another release.

i think most (reasonable) people don't really care, or are willing to forgive the fact that you didn't drop the prints today - it's mostly offensive that you just cannot see that this is your fault. it's mind boggling that your continue to say fudge like "obviously, the firm will be dismissed."

Yep
DarkHallMansion
Art Expert

Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:17 pm

ejg904 wrote:the only constant throughout the many release debacles is...DHM.

Ejg, we think it's evident that this situation required immediate action and address, namely, the dismissal of the firm responsible. But that's not passing responsibility-we hired them, we vetted them, and they'd performed adequately till now, but today was not acceptable, so yes, they're dismissed and it's relevant. But most importantly, that isn't a relinquishing of any kind, it's part and parcel of running any business-you deal with others and they can and will fail you on occasion. It's ours to react accordingly to that failure, we cannot make them do their job any better, if we thought there was a better choice of firm ahead of them we would have hired them.

What is our responsibility is to make all efforts to correct and find a better and appropriate solution, again, as any businesses does in this situation. And you did see us apologize nonetheless, we are sorry, and we don't see it as 'babbling' in being communicative and responsive, here and on FB, to the very collectors who support us and who are affected, they matter, the situation matters, and as you noted, it's our responsibility to fix and better it and we're already on that.

Thank you,
DHM