Dark Hall Mansion Thread -- News / Releases / Rumors / Art

General art-related discussion.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:15 pm

Are ya'll trying to say it will be another DHM shitshow? It'll prolly be an email lottery anyway. They seem to love that fudge.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
ChrisV
Art Expert

Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:16 pm

ejg904 wrote:
Superfro33 wrote:
ejg904 wrote:but when the reveal invariably disappoints - many won't even want the one reserved for them from the shipping fiasco
Yes...it was quite the fiasco. :roll:
you're right - they did a good job.
They kept people updated on the situation. It was a tall order to print all of those out, especially with the amount of ink I heard was used on the Whalens.
soam24
Art Freak

Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:16 pm

Timbrh2001 wrote:
soam24 wrote:
partpat wrote:Buy this really expensive fudge you may or may not like and well let you buy the "good print we have coming" lol

yes exactly. Not a fan of that at all.
It was never once stated before the lottery that if you bought a folio, you would be entitled to any future DHM drop you wanted. They did this after the fact to help satisfy the customers that were disappointed in the long shipping delays.

Personally don't see a problem with taking a negative situation and trying to turn it into a positive to keep their customers who invested hundreds of dollars into their product, happy.

Ok well that makes sense then. Thought it was like a "hey buy this and get this in the future" thing.

What did eelus do for me when my after the rain took 8 months :hanging:
Superfro33
Art Expert

Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:17 pm

ejg904 wrote:
Superfro33 wrote:
ejg904 wrote:but when the reveal invariably disappoints - many won't even want the one reserved for them from the shipping fiasco
How didn't they? Did you not get yours?
ChrisV
Art Expert

Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:17 pm

Codeblue wrote:Are ya'll trying to say it will be another DHM shitshow? It'll prolly be an email lottery anyway. They seem to love that fudge.
They only love that fudge because they're site can't handle a drop. I remember with the LD - Metropolis drop, it took the site an hour on my end to update to "Sold Out' from "Coming Soon."
soam24
Art Freak

Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:21 pm

ChrisV wrote:
Codeblue wrote:Are ya'll trying to say it will be another DHM shitshow? It'll prolly be an email lottery anyway. They seem to love that fudge.
They only love that fudge because they're site can't handle a drop. I remember with the LD - Metropolis drop, it took the site an hour on my end to update to "Sold Out' from "Coming Soon."

We all know that lotteries aren't the answer blue.
Tazgarde
Art Connoisseur

Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:24 pm

Does anyone's site actually run well during drops? I would say Mondo's is the best, but that's not saying much. I've only ever tried a few other sites and most of them are terrible.
ejg904
Art Expert

Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:25 pm

Superfro33 wrote:
ejg904 wrote:
Superfro33 wrote:
you deem fulfilling one's legal obligation "a good job?"

so basically, in your mind, the only way one could do a "bad job" would be to never ship the goods?
Chico wrote:
i work in sales. w2 last year was +150K, this year, at 87% of year goal to date and on pace for +200K

want to compare bank accounts, wives, and art portfolios?
Superfro33
Art Expert

Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:33 pm

ejg904 wrote: you deem fulfilling one's legal obligation "a good job?"

so basically, in your mind, the only way one could do a "bad job" would be to never ship the goods?
No..I'm asking the question of how didn't they do a good job in communicating and ultimately delivering on their product and how the situation was, as you described, a "fiasco"? Does a delay in delivery equal a "fiasco" to you?
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:37 pm

Well they are 2 for 2. My personal set and the set for my PB are both wrecked. Thanks guys. :pint:
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
KNEEL13
EB Team

Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:50 pm

AK57BS
Art Connoisseur

Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:52 pm

bump
ImageImageImageImage Image Image
hpoorthuis
Art Connoisseur

Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:55 pm

Stout said on his site that he had a print comping up, so could be for DHM. Guess we will find out soon
Kramerica
Art Freak

Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:56 pm

Tazgarde wrote:Does anyone's site actually run well during drops? I would say Mondo's is the best, but that's not saying much. I've only ever tried a few other sites and most of them are terrible.
Yes.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
ejg904
Art Expert

Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:00 pm

Superfro33 wrote:
you deem fulfilling one's legal obligation "a good job?"

so basically, in your mind, the only way one could do a "bad job" would be to never ship the goods?[/quote]
Superfro33 wrote:
No..I'm asking the question of how didn't they do a good job in communicating and ultimately delivering on their product and how the situation was, as you described, a "fiasco"? Does a delay in delivery equal a "fiasco" to you?
changing your tune - you didn't say that, at all.

you asked if i received mine - implying that merely receiving the goods one pays for constitutes a "good job."

to answer your second question - one that makes a whole lot more sense/actually gets at whether or not they did a "good job:" i'll go out on a limb and posit that customers are chiefly concerned with receiving the goods they paid for - high quality screen prints. they are NOT interested in long winded emails explaining delays, progess updates, assurances about just how hard they're working, etc.

who gives a fudge? all of that is inconsequential - everyone can sit down and write excuses. you don't get "bonus points" for explaining why you're unable to deliver what you promised in a reasonable time-frame.

it's real simple: customers pay you for a product - deliver the product in a timely fashion.

is it better to update people and communicate when things go wrong? yes. does that mean you're doing a good job? absolutely not.

that's the baseline minimum. it's expected.

it's also worth noting that the delay wasn't a week, two weeks, three weeks, etc. people ordered these things in october :lol:

in summation: couple all of that with the fact that many of these are arriving damaged - yes, this was a fiasco.
Chico wrote:
i work in sales. w2 last year was +150K, this year, at 87% of year goal to date and on pace for +200K

want to compare bank accounts, wives, and art portfolios?