Dark Hall Mansion Thread -- News / Releases / Rumors / Art

General art-related discussion.
Ainshol
Art Connoisseur

Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:47 am

mppang wrote: As much as the variant looks tempting, I really would like my posters to stand out in technicolor, the metallic silver doesn't do it for me. So one less person interested in the variant.

I completely agree. However, if the metallics are anything like the silvers on his Steamboat Willie print, they will definitely be worth it. I'm still torn but seeing as there are only 50 variants, I have a better chance at getting the regular set. Either way, Tom is the man and these are insanely awesome!
ImageImageImage ImageImage
lobotomizer
Art Expert

Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:01 am

International S&H $35 DHM or $100 from eposters :roll:
HippyChick
Art Connoisseur

Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:30 am

lobotomizer wrote:International S&H $35 DHM or $100 from eposters :roll:
From eposters http://www.emovieposter.com/lottery.php- looks exactly the same as DHM:

Standard Edition shipped within the US: $350 (Priority Mail Insured)
Variant Edition shipped within the US: $450 (Priority Mail Insured)

Standard Edition shipped Internationally: $385 (Priority Mail Express International)
Variant Edition shipped Internationally: $485 (Priority Mail Express International)
lobotomizer
Art Expert

Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:35 am

I'm a dummy :oops:
Count
Art Expert

Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:26 pm

mppang wrote:
And man, that Dracula...

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
DarkHallMansion
Art Expert

Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:34 pm

Ainshol wrote:
mppang wrote: As much as the variant looks tempting, I really would like my posters to stand out in technicolor, the metallic silver doesn't do it for me. So one less person interested in the variant.

I completely agree. However, if the metallics are anything like the silvers on his Steamboat Willie print, they will definitely be worth it. I'm still torn but seeing as there are only 50 variants, I have a better chance at getting the regular set. Either way, Tom is the man and these are insanely awesome!
That's exactly the case Ainshol, Tom had a specific vision for the Variants almost from the start, that they be a series of silvers and darker tones with metallics laid in throughout as a direct connection with this classic period of the movies and also to correspond to the overall moods and tones of the classic Universal monster films themselves. So it's really helpful when anyone's already seen where he takes his metallic prints because the images won't pop as much on a monitor now, but when laid in with their metallic inks and viewed in person, well, that's another story altogether. :wink:

Above are Tom's Bride and Mummy Variants, so just imagine these...

Thanks,
DHM
http://www.DarkHallMansion.com
Kramerica
Art Freak

Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:48 pm

Gawd damn, I hope I can score the variant set.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
spankman
Art Expert

Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:53 pm

Not feeling the Frankie. I wish the title didnt run over his face. Over all though this set looks DYNOMITE!!!
"I rushed him and caught him flush on the temple with a titanic right hand he was out cold, convulsing on the floor like an infantile retard.” Mike Tyson
DarkHallMansion
Art Expert

Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:16 pm

spankman wrote:Not feeling the Frankie. I wish the title didnt run over his face. Over all though this set looks DYNOMITE!!!
Wait till you see Tom's other Frankenstein in the Folio, spankman, his Advance-style piece!

Here's Tom's Creature and its metallic Variant.

DHM
BetterCallSaul
Art Expert

Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:17 pm

Creature is now officially my favorite. Actually, this set may be my favorite thing from Whalen ever.
dasponyboy
Art Expert

Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:39 pm

BetterCallSaul wrote:Creature is now officially my favorite. Actually, this set may be my favorite thing from Whalen ever.
DuoSonic
Art Expert

Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:48 pm

What great work. It's so hard resisting entering the lotto. Not sure I can hold out.
Sevensykes
Art Connoisseur

Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:46 pm

I'm actually really digging the invisible man the most. Hopefully I can score that variant set, I can only imagine how awesome they look in person.
DarkHallMansion
Art Expert

Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:57 pm

Now here's a Variant for The Mummy-sent in by an EB member and we had to share this! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Anyone taking on any other DHM image, past or present, by way of pumpkin carving for this Halloween-we gotta see them!! We'll be sharing this on DHM's FB too, so send in more and up they'll go if the carver OK's!

Thanks,

DHM
AldoTheApache
Art Connoisseur

Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:39 pm

I went to wanting to pick up a couple of the regular versions in the after market to wanting the whole variant set. Damn. Emails sent to dark hall and emovieposter.