Pittides Art Studios-Information and discussion

General art-related discussion.
mgiatrakos
Art Expert

Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:19 pm

Im just curious Tim, did you tell Justin you have a T2 print coming out when you were rubbing elbows with him at Disney?
KevboNice
Art Connoisseur

Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:23 pm

captainhavoc wrote:
pittidesart wrote:Thanks everyone... needless to say I will no longer be purchasing anything for this company anymore and I removed all their prints from my walls.
I'm sure Mondo will just be devastated that you won't be failipping their prints the day after gallery shows anymore.
.i open at the close.

http://isofund.bigcartel.com/
Googscarley
Flipper

Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:24 pm

:lol:
dweebofthedead
Art Expert

Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:28 pm

Yeesh... :shock:
theperfecttree
EB Team

Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:29 pm

Parzival wrote:
theperfecttree wrote:have you talked to anyone at Mondo since you found out about the license situation?

sorry to hear about this
I would imagine Tim wants nothing to do with them at this point. This is a major burn.
I understand why he'd feel that way. still though, like Roman before him, he has a personal relationship with these guys. Would hope he would contact them before taking things up on the interwebz.
cockbridge
Art Connoisseur

Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:32 pm

theperfecttree wrote:
Parzival wrote:
theperfecttree wrote:have you talked to anyone at Mondo since you found out about the license situation?

sorry to hear about this
I would imagine Tim wants nothing to do with them at this point. This is a major burn.
I understand why he'd feel that way. still though, like Roman before him, he has a personal relationship with these guys. Would hope he would contact them before taking things up on the interwebz.
You have to be kidding me if you think Pit Tiddies has any kind of relationship with Mondo, other than talking to one of them about his shitty poster.
alittle
Art Freak

Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:32 pm

luls.
lsmith55
Art Expert

Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:34 pm

Damn Tim- thats some bullshit. Hope things work out though and we are able to get our hands on this outstanding print. I haven't bought much Mondo fudge lately anyways. Their customer service has gone to fudge and it's pretty obvious that they dont care for or need lots of business. Don't get me wrong, some of their stuff is great, but a majority of it looks phoned in and it shows.

Best of luck with everything.

“Convince your enemy that he will gain very little by attacking you; this will diminish his enthusiasm”
― Sun Tzu
Last edited by lsmith55 on Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Don't try it, you drymount.
Jon1701
Art Expert

Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:35 pm

So on one hand we have a company just doing business (probably years in the planning) and then someone who gets butthurt and rally people to his cause making things personal about some perceived injustice. The internet is full of people poised to form a lynch mob. This is being blown out of proportions and made personal by an artist who should be more careful and appropriate in his behaviour, rather than shouting from the rooftop about planned work and getting licenses which weren't finalised anyway.

Its even more baffling because that T2 print actually isn't very good.
“Encapsulate the spirit of melancholy. Easy. Boom, a sad desk. Boom, sad wall. It’s art. Anything is anything.”
dskdaniel
Art Expert

Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:40 pm

Damn, I want an AP. That thing is epic. What's the size?

Oh, and drymount those assholes on Facebook.
mcsquiggins
Art Connoisseur

Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:44 pm

captainhavoc wrote:I'm sure Mondo will just be devastated that you won't be failipping their prints the day after gallery shows anymore.

PrintNoob87
Art Expert

Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:45 pm

Jon1701 wrote:So on one hand we have a company just doing business (probably years in the planning) and then someone who gets butthurt and rally people to his cause making things personal about some perceived injustice. The internet is full of people poised to form a lynch mob. This is being blown out of proportions and made personal by an artist who should be more careful and appropriate in his behaviour, rather than shouting from the rooftop about planned work and getting licenses which weren't finalised anyway.

Its even more baffling because that T2 print actually isn't very good.
lsmith55
Art Expert

Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:47 pm

PrintNoob87 wrote: Image
For the record, that is probably one of my favorite reaction gifs.
Image Don't try it, you drymount.
pittidesart
Art Expert

Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:52 pm

The claws came out as expected...
I had to some to relax and get my final thoughts on the matter and construct a official statement. I am a honest guy, I am all about transparency. I am a artist and a collector.I have Pbed for people ( some I regret), I waited on lines for hours. I am telling the side of us, meaning Frightfest Originals ( known as FFO from now on) and I as we know it since we are involved in it and know what we have been told from CLC ( Studio Canal's property representating company). Let me knock this out of the way first: Someone mentioned that it was stupid to have done a finished piece before contracts were signed. And I agree, but that is not how some companies work. Some want a step by step image ( as does one I am working on now) and some just want the finished art ( like what happened here). So the chain of events is what is important and why I feel the way I do. It's more a personal thing. I have not will mention specific people's names. It is between me and them, and that is person to person. I will get to the bottom of that. But here is how it went down to my best knowledge:

December: FFO comes back and asks if I want to still do T2 as months and months of delays within their company due to personal and health issues caused a brief shutdown. I said of course, who wouldnt. Talks began with Studio Canal and FFO while I sketched the conceptual thumbnail.

January: I began the poster. FFO and Studio Canal go back and forth regarding likeness. First it didn't matter since the UK has different rules. Once it was announced to Studio Canal it would be sold in US, the deal would then have to be taken to CLC for approval and then to Arnold for his final approval. FFO had no problem since they wanted to make sure this was properly.

February: At Laurent's show, I spoke with * at length in a friendly man to man convo. From the show itself, and other things. He asked what I was up too, and I told him. He was shocked. I asked him, "You guys have the license for T2, right" and he responded "yes". We both went on to discuss how their company could do a T2 poster without likeness. Funny convo involving Arnold's thumbs up.

During the month of Feb., Approval came from CLC regarding the deal, since noone held the rights to a poster. According to CLC, the licenses was offered to the other company but they passed on it. I did not know this when speaking to *, I found this out yesterday. The deal was not written up since we were going for arnold's likeness and it would all come down to that. More of a verbal/email agreement. A fee was determined. everything moving along.

March: Finished the print and sent it for to FFO for them to get it over to CLC. CLC approves the design and sends it off to Arnold for approval. FFO was told it could take 2-3 weeks. Getting excited. I put together the handbill for Bottleneck and get it off to the printers. Ansin/Tong show happens, *** is there and I give him one of the handbills out of respect and, let's be a bit honest here, to showcase myself. *** loves it and asks me what else do I have coming up. I tell him. Again shock and another happy convo. See * again and more friendly talking, fun night.

it has now been 2 weeks since we heard anything from CLC. FFO contacts CLC just to find out how things are moving. They suddenly start bringing up the fee again, and arent confident a new company can cover it. FFO overs to wire the money right then and there. CLC rep stutters and reveals the company applied for the T2 License three days ago, offering a bit more money for global exclusive rights and they would not need likeness ( no likeness, means faster turnaround for approvals of course). Being that CLC and this company have had a relationship, they opted to take the deal. Ultimately killing the FFO deal.

Now can you see why we are pissed? More importantly why I feel the way I do. I feel betrayed, first lying to me and saying you have the rights when you didnt and then all this happens?! Could you imagine how you would feel? All that work down the toliet? I want you to understand where I am coming here. That's all. Now someone also said this should not be brought up in a public forum... why? Wouldn't you like to know when a artist and company are getting shafted? and as much facts as I supply? If it was you, would you sit back and let it go unnoticed? Not me. That's you, but not me. I want everyone here, even the ones who do not like my work to understand this.

I never got paid except for APs. With the amount of work and time, I need to have some compensation, right? So TONIGHT I will be doing a surprise drop in my webstore... the posters will be FREE (except for a shipping charge of $60.00 US/$70.00 Canada/$85.00 World 8) )The drop will be sometime from 7:00PM -8:00pm CST... If you are interested, I suggest following me on twitter @pittidesart as I will tweet when up. I hope I was able to clear some things up without the angry rambling.

Oh and DAMN YOU RIOTACT! :lol: :wink:
Official website: http://www.pittidesart.com
finneganm wrote:You going to start making rugs?
cockbridge
Art Connoisseur

Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:56 pm

:violin: