Someone paid over $2000 for this Horkey...

General art-related discussion.
alittle
Art Freak

Wed May 01, 2013 11:09 pm

I don't really care about Tallow, but I am curious about these donuts. Please elaborate.
Xander
Art Expert

Wed May 01, 2013 11:11 pm

I paid $2,000 for this, so where's my thread?

It won't let me link to the giclée.
partpat
Art Freak

Wed May 01, 2013 11:14 pm

Xander wrote:Image

:clap: No need for this to have it's own thread. It's a great piece and both party's seem happy, ideal situation for both party's.
darkturkish
Art Connoisseur

Wed May 01, 2013 11:15 pm

sixstringer wrote:One time I spent $75 on a dozen donuts fedex'd to me from across the country. I admit, for a brief moment I felt like a real $balla$. True story.

Oh, and congrats on the fine purchase.
Voodoo Donuts? I have to admit I have been tempted for my siter to send me some.
Just a dude collecting paper
ErocAfellar
Art Expert

Wed May 01, 2013 11:16 pm

people want what they can't have and will pay a premium to obtain it...supply and demand at it's most basic premise
HappaHaoli wrote:That is freaking Eroctic!
jeter0204
Art Expert

Wed May 01, 2013 11:23 pm

If Greenhorn didn't make Sam throw in some cookies that his wife made, in on the deal, then Greenhorn missed out. Those cookies are drymounting delicious :drool:
ImageImageImage
danieldanger wrote: "...IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN STOUT. WHY WASNT IT STOUT? MY GOD PEOPLE, WE COULD BE HOLDING STOUT POSTERS RIGHT NOW."
KSUvet
Art Expert

Thu May 02, 2013 12:09 am

Why is this FS thread in the "Art Discussion" section? :?
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
caleb
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 02, 2013 12:31 am

darkturkish wrote:
sixstringer wrote:One time I spent $75 on a dozen donuts fedex'd to me from across the country. I admit, for a brief moment I felt like a real $balla$. True story.

Oh, and congrats on the fine purchase.
Voodoo Donuts? I have to admit I have been tempted for my siter to send me some.
I go by voodoo every day at work. I get the bacon maple bar now and then. The rest are too sweet and crazy for me.
hakaider2
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 02, 2013 6:37 am

"Carnegie owns version of Giacometti sculpture sold for $104.3 million"

Value is in the eye of the beholder..be it a piece of paper or 60lbs of bronze.
"Is it save to say there will be no Aaron Horkey twitter account anytime soon?"
"Saver than save."
deancc
Art Expert

Thu May 02, 2013 6:52 am

I'm stoked for rockbridge. Congrats, man.
finneganm wrote:As someone who owns a fairly expensive postcard, I can say that in some cases size does not matter. If it makes you happy, and it's within reach, make it happen.
In this case I think size does matter. Being close to the original ink's size makes it an even more impressive. Printing that tight cannot be easy. Ben is obviously a master. Hell, if it could be done, I'd love every Horkey print to be the size of the original ink.

And even Tallow's COA is cooler than many of the prints that routinely go for 2k+ around here, IMO. [No, I wouldn't pay 2k for one. Just sayin'.]
db23
Art Expert

Thu May 02, 2013 11:01 am

it is so awesome that you guys think Sam is so awesome. i've dealt with Sam before and he's super duper awesome. keep in mind I didn't know who the purchaser of the tallow was when i posted that i personally thought it was beyond extravagant to pay $2K+ for this piece but my sentiments don't change just because the buyer is a nice guy.

i'm very happy that he wanted the piece badly enough to pay that amount of money and i'm happy he found someone who was willing to sell it. as a recovering Horkey fanatic i totally understand the concept of wanting something very badly and overpaying but i'm personally not a fan of the print so it's hard for me to understand dropping that kind of coin. smellmysocks once started a thread offering $750 for this print and i called him and told him he was a raving lunatic and should be locked up. i was clearly wrong because there's no going back.

still annoying you guys pick and choose what you enter as sales. not sure why something should be added or other things shouldn't. if you've got time to post all day long and sell things then you should have time to enter your own sales and not worry about the feelings of others. and yes, i do add all my sales once the buyer confirms they're happy upon receipt.
db23
Art Expert

Thu May 02, 2013 11:03 am

Xander wrote:Image

It won't let me link to the giclée.
$2000 for the OG seems like a bargain. Nice work.
TKuczynski
Art Expert

Thu May 02, 2013 11:03 am

db23 wrote:still annoying you guys pick and choose what you enter as sales.
amen
kansasbbq
Art God

Thu May 02, 2013 11:07 am

unomasmoi wrote:
caleb wrote:
darkturkish wrote:
I go by voodoo every day at work. I get the bacon maple bar now and then. The rest are too sweet and crazy for me.
I was not impressed by that donut
I wasn't either.
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
jojobadass
Art God

Thu May 02, 2013 11:08 am

no, we have the best donuts in america in my home town
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com