Rob Loukotka / Fringe Focus ...

General art-related discussion.
FringeFocus
Art Connoisseur

Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:27 am

jampar5000 wrote:those coasters look awesome. You have been a little quiet on here at the mo Rob, got anything in the pipeline to share?
I have been working all summer on a giant top secret project (really). But due to delays and me not being happy with the quality, I'm taking a pause to release some more logical artwork. In fact, the 2 designs you see on the coasters are part of my 'Marauders' project that may or may not ever be. But coasters are fun, so there's that at least. (The big project is not coasters).

So that's why I fell off the face of the earth for a while. I am alive now and drawing a new poster as we speak. And I will have some stuff at Bottleneck's booth at New York Comic Con. And might have some work in some other galleries later this year. So I'll be around. :)
MackAttack815
Art Connoisseur

Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:52 pm

Rob, absolutely love your work and very happy to see you'll be at the CON with Bottleneck. Wish you nothing but the best and hope to see a lot more great artwork from you. :clap: :pint:
FringeFocus
Art Connoisseur

Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:30 pm

MackAttack815 wrote:Rob, absolutely love your work and very happy to see you'll be at the CON with Bottleneck. Wish you nothing but the best and hope to see a lot more great artwork from you. :clap: :pint:
:) Well my work will be at the con. I'll be stuck in Chicago, working. But working means more art, so it's all good.
FringeFocus
Art Connoisseur

Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:53 pm

Hi guys!

I've been working on a special Halloween print! Drew the Headless Horseman in all his ghostly glory. Sword, woods, evil horse, pumpkin, the whole deal. Super fun to draw.

For sale TODAY (starting at 2pm CDT / 3pm EDT) October 3rd: http://fringefocus.com/i/headless-horseman/
HeadlessHorseman_FringeFocus_Medium.jpg
Limited edition of 90. (and 13 APs, a spooooooky number)
Size: 9 x 24"
2 color screen print on French Paper.
Signed and numbered by me, Rob Loukotka.

Get 'em: http://fringefocus.com/i/headless-horseman/

I'm printing these now and they should start shipping in Mid October. That means all United States orders can arrive before Halloween! No promises on international orders though, they will likely arrive later because of shipping times, you know the deal.

Thanks!
elwayvedder
Art Connoisseur

Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:14 am

FringeFocus wrote:Hi guys!

I've been working on a special Halloween print! Drew the Headless Horseman in all his ghostly glory. Sword, woods, evil horse, pumpkin, the whole deal. Super fun to draw.

For sale TODAY (starting at 2pm CDT / 3pm EDT) October 3rd: http://fringefocus.com/i/headless-horseman/
HeadlessHorseman_FringeFocus_Medium.jpg
Limited edition of 90. (and 13 APs, a spooooooky number)
Size: 9 x 24"
2 color screen print on French Paper.
Signed and numbered by me, Rob Loukotka.

Get 'em: http://fringefocus.com/i/headless-horseman/

I'm printing these now and they should start shipping in Mid October. That means all United States orders can arrive before Halloween! No promises on international orders though, they will likely arrive later because of shipping times, you know the deal.

Thanks!
This is gorgeous. Wish it was for a Pearl Jam show this late October. Would be a classic. Nice work
FringeFocus
Art Connoisseur

Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:36 am

Yo,

Just a note that I whipped up some fun little things for Bottleneck Gallery's booth at New York Comic Con (so they are available for the next 3 days at said booth, unless they sell out).
turtle_fringe_double2.jpg
These are laser cut maple turtles! Holding up little NYC Sewer lids. Fun to make! All 4 turtles, I believe there are just 15 of each turtle (so 60 in all), going for around $15 a pop. All hand stained, sealed, and signed by me. So check 'em out at booth #2167 if you're in New York this weekend. More info up here: http://fringefocus.com/i/turtle-power/
FringeFocus
Art Connoisseur

Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:30 pm

Good news everyone! I made a cool thing that is technically free for everybody?

Basically I think shipping tubes are boring. I know we all keep some in our closets / shelves, in the event we need to transport art. But they are an eyesore in my workshop, and in your house. So I came up with a cool 'explorers' illustration that would work when infinitely printed around these tubes, then I made a fuckload of them. :)
exbeans_tube1.jpg
exbeans_tube2.jpg
And a shot showing a taped tube / open tube (obviously a real shipment would have a lot more kraft paper buffer space, I protect the fudge out of them).
exbeans_tube3.jpg
The illustration is of an astronaut and deep sea diver, sort of connecting through the water & space clouds. It's pretty fun to look at and my workshop looks SO much better with hundreds of these stacked around instead of plain ones.

These tubes are simply how I'll be packaging things in my store from now on. http://fringefocus.com/store/ So if you buy a print this fall, this winter, next year, etc. this is what I'll be shipping stuff in. I know it's a small thing, but I think they are pretty cool. (I also made shipping free for a lot of orders, and am working on other ways to make shipping suck less.)

I wrote a bit about the tubes here as well, if you're interested: http://fringefocus.com/i/explorers-shipping-tubes/ Stay tuned over the coming weeks for some REALLY cool posters that will do these tubes justice.

For the detail nerds: Yes they are sturdy Yazoo Mills tubes, 4" diameter, and I have a bunch of interior lengths for different sized pieces. 18", 24", and 32". They're rock solid.
Ctg9095
Art Expert

Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:37 pm

Those are badass... I wish I could just buy a pack of the tubes :pint:
jjdungca
Art Expert

Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:40 pm

Those tubes are really sexy. Looking forward to see the REALLY cool posters that would do these tubes justice.
ImageImageImage
FringeFocus
Art Connoisseur

Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:48 pm

jjdungca wrote:Those tubes are really sexy. Looking forward to see the REALLY cool posters that would do these tubes justice.
soooooon
jjdungca
Art Expert

Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:56 pm

FringeFocus wrote:
jjdungca wrote:Those tubes are really sexy. Looking forward to see the REALLY cool posters that would do these tubes justice.
soooooon
Tomorrow would be nice! :lol:
ImageImageImage
punch
Art Expert

Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:28 pm

Rob, I got my coasters yesterday and they rule! Great job.

It may sound weird, but they smell amazing. Now my home smells of rich mahogany.
FringeFocus
Art Connoisseur

Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:55 pm

punch wrote:Rob, I got my coasters yesterday and they rule! Great job.

It may sound weird, but they smell amazing. Now my home smells of rich mahogany.
Rock on! Yeah they definitely have a smell. Technically it's laser cut hickory and linseed oil that you're smelling. That'll die down a bit over a few weeks, they just tend to retain the 'shop' smell right when I pack them since they were only days old. :)
FringeFocus
Art Connoisseur

Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:47 am

Working on a new movie screen print. Should be done this week.

Sneak peek: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... tif_t=like
FringeFocus
Art Connoisseur

Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:16 am

"Everybody can relax, I found the car. Needs some suspension work and shocks. Brakes, brake pads, lining, steering box, transmission, rear-end."
tease.jpg