Rob Loukotka / Fringe Focus ...

General art-related discussion.
FringeFocus
Art Connoisseur

Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:42 pm

Yo!

I'm Rob Loukotka, an artist in Chicago. Occasionally I draw cool things people sort of like. EBeans is pretty great, and I wanted to make sure I had a permanent thread to release details on new art projects and such. You may have seen my stuff at a few galleries, and I'm just starting this thread in case folks have questions about personal art projects, new releases, shipping, everything. Feel free to hit me up here or on Twitter/Facebook whatever.

Rock on.
matowest
Art Expert

Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:53 pm

I have Ruins of Gotham on my Batman wall and the DB5 on my Bond wall. Keep up the great work! :clap:
punch
Art Expert

Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:18 am

I got Blues Brothers and DB5! You do some fine work sir.
FringeFocus
Art Connoisseur

Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:21 am

matowest wrote:I have Ruins of Gotham on my Batman wall and the DB5 on my Bond wall. Keep up the great work! :clap:
The fact that you have a Batman Wall and a James Bond wall makes me want to Marry you.
FringeFocus
Art Connoisseur

Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:22 am

If you've ever seen my ACME Corporation project, http://acmeco.co , I have some good news coming out next week BTW.
matowest
Art Expert

Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:24 am

FringeFocus wrote:
matowest wrote:I have Ruins of Gotham on my Batman wall and the DB5 on my Bond wall. Keep up the great work! :clap:
The fact that you have a Batman Wall and a James Bond wall makes me want to Marry you.
Easy now :D
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:36 am

FringeFocus wrote:If you've ever seen my ACME Corporation project, http://acmeco.co , I have some good news coming out next week BTW.
Damn. Pretty stellar Kickstarter.

:clap:
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
Aparedez89
Art Expert

Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:45 am

Still have to buy the batman and the latest WW2 Normandy print. Love your work. :clap: :drool:
ClaytonHopper
Art Expert

Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:00 am

Scored Days of Days in the recent show with Bottleneck, got it today and looks great in person!!
FringeFocus
Art Connoisseur

Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:36 pm

Just announced the release date/time of my ACME Corporation posters.

Thursday, May 2nd - Noon CDT (1pm EDT) at http://fringefocus.bigcartel.com/

Basically I drew ALL of the ACME items that ever appeared in the Coyote & Roadrunner cartoons. All my original drawings, lots of notes, it took FOREVER. I ended up with 126 drawings that could only fit on a 24x36" poster. So I put it on Kickstarter and it was wildy successful. I had over 3,000 backers, getting $105,000 for this ONE poster. And printing / shipping this GIANT project has eaten up most of my time this year.

After getting published in Wired and The Wall Street Journal, I've had folks begging for posters every single day for about 4 months. I haven't released/sold a single ACME poster since the close of the Kickstarter in December, and I still want the editions to be limited. But that Kickstarter edition size was 3,400 and I am releasing just under 100 that I have left for sale this Thursday! Will be good to give these posters a good home.

But the bulk of what I'm releasing on Thursday are Artist Proofs of the ACME poster, and a metallic copper variant!
acme_combo_small.jpg
ACME Poster: $40 (About 90 will be available)
ACME Artist Proofs: $45 (260 available) http://fringefocus.bigcartel.com/produc ... ion-poster
Luxury Copper Edition: $50 (270 available) http://fringefocus.bigcartel.com/produc ... er-variant

A couple things, I know the GIANT edition size is not commonplace for many collectors. I tried something totally different, a Kickstarter project, so it ended up being much much larger than my traditional projects or releases. It was fun, but I don't plan on ever printing thousands of one thing again. It was a CRAZY amount of work, and I enjoy doing smaller print runs as well. So don't expect to see me doing 3,400 of something again, haha. If you're upset by the run size, my apologies, but I had started thinking it'd be like 100 posters, and it kinda sorta got way bigger.

The 'Luxury Copper' ACME variant is pretty cool, it's on metallic copper shimmer paper. It was super expensive paper, but soooo cool to look at now that they're finished. These are limited to 270 prints, so that's at least slightly closer to a normal-ish size.

So feel free to grab an ACME poster if you're interested on Thursday, or just hit me up here to talk about Kickstarter. I don't see a lot of Kickstarter print projects around EBeans, so I think almost all of the folks that currently have my ACME print aren't collectors at all. Just folks that like rockets I suppose. :)

Rock on.
acidburn
Art Daddy

Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:42 pm

FringeFocus wrote:Just announced the release date/time of my ACME Corporation posters.

Basically I drew ALL of the ACME items that ever appeared in the Coyote & Roadrunner cartoons. All my original drawings, lots of notes, it took FOREVER. I ended up with 126 drawings that could only fit on a 24x36" poster. So I put it on Kickstarter and it was wildy successful. I had over 3,000 backers, getting $105,000 for this ONE poster. And printing / shipping this GIANT project has eaten up most of my time this year.

After getting published in Wired and The Wall Street Journal, I've had folks begging for posters every single day for about 4 months. I haven't released/sold a single ACME poster since the close of the Kickstarter in December, and I still want the editions to be limited. But that Kickstarter edition size was 3,400 and I am releasing just under 100 that I have left for sale this Thursday! Will be good to give these posters a good home.

But the bulk of what I'm releasing on Thursday are Artist Proofs of the ACME poster, and a metallic copper variant!
acme_combo_small.jpg
ACME Artist Proofs: $45 (260 available) http://fringefocus.bigcartel.com/produc ... ion-poster
Luxury Copper Edition: $50 (270 available) http://fringefocus.bigcartel.com/produc ... er-variant

A couple things, I know the GIANT edition size is not commonplace for many collectors. I tried something totally different, a Kickstarter project, so it ended up being much much larger than my traditional projects or releases. It was fun, but I don't plan on ever printing thousands of one thing again. It was a CRAZY amount of work, and I enjoy doing smaller print runs as well. So don't expect to see me doing 3,400 of something again, haha. If you're upset by the run size, my apologies, but I had started thinking it'd be like 100 posters, and it kinda sorta got way bigger.

The 'Luxury Copper' ACME variant is pretty cool, it's on metallic copper shimmer paper. It was super expensive paper, but soooo cool to look at now that they're finished. These are limited to 270 prints, so that's at least slightly closer to a normal-ish size.

So feel free to grab an ACME poster if you're interested on Thursday, or just hit me up here to talk about Kickstarter. I don't see a lot of Kickstarter print projects around EBeans, so I think almost all of the folks that currently have my ACME print aren't collectors at all. Just folks that like rockets I suppose. :)

Rock on.
That variant is beautiful
DickButt
Art Expert

Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:44 pm

How are we 11 posts in and no one has mentioned Rob's Wall-E print yet?!
captainhavoc
Art Expert

Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:45 pm

DickButt wrote:How are we 11 posts in and no one has mentioned Rob's Wall-E print yet?!
Better yet, could someone post some pics of it framed?
Ayes wrote:Maybe all these dates who've been turning you down see you in your yard hurling cat food and blowing weed smoke at your neighbor's pets.
ClaytonHopper
Art Expert

Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:49 pm

acidburn wrote:
FringeFocus wrote:Just announced the release date/time of my ACME Corporation posters.

acme_combo_small.jpg

Rock on.
That variant is beautiful
2nd.

I like the red in orignal but that copper variant I think is calling my name!
aivc
Art Expert

Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:40 am

captainhavoc wrote:
DickButt wrote:How are we 11 posts in and no one has mentioned Rob's Wall-E print yet?!
Better yet, could someone post some pics of it framed?
His Wall-e print is still my favorite. Planning on framing it soon when I get back home. :clap:
aibohphobia wrote:Maybe, but either way you get some cred for joining on 4-20 at 4:20. Nexus of the Universe.