Odd City Entertainment

General art-related discussion.
jmagee87
Art Expert

Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:21 am

OddCity wrote:All prints are shipping this week. Please be patient till Friday. The less emails we have to answer the more prints that will go out. We have shipped everything the day after the label was printed. There is no reason to pay for postage if you are not shipping otherwise. USPS dropped the ball on a few of them, but they seem to be getting into proper hands now.

I have no control over USPS, so I cannot say why a package would be delivered without delivering tracking info. It has happened with several prints though.

Also, we are switching to shopify to avoid the ambiguity of a shipping confirmation going out without the item actually shipping, hence the store.
OddCity wrote:Hi Everyone,

The Godfather prints are shipping as we speak. We are however getting about 200 emails a day asking about the status of the print with some being very specific. It takes on average 2-3 minutes to answer each e-mail. Multiply that by 200 a day and you can see how we are spending much more time on Administrative work rather than shipping. We would kindly ask that you refrain from asking status for just the next 7 days so we can get all of these out. This includes both Usual Suspects and True Romance Variants as well.

We understand your concerns and acknowledge why you would be anxious to receive these as you have paid for them and it is your right. Please help us to have the time to get these to you.

Thank you and have a great evening.
OddCity wrote:Hi everyone,

We are lettting you know that for all chargebacks or claims we will be giving you refunds as to your wishes. No worries. If you email me to info@oddcityentertainment.com we will reply within 24 hours. Prints are being packaged for tomorrow as we speak.
OddCity wrote:The 775lb palette (!!!) of prints has finally arrived! We've unpacked the woods (pictured)... we'll be getting the rest sorted all this week and shipping ASAP!!! ImageGodfather Part II - Laurent Durieux by Odd City Entertainment, on Flickr
OddCity wrote:Hi everyone!

We just received The Godfather prints! :D Shipping will commence tomorrow. We will put a pic or 2 on our FB and possibly here. Right now it is time to prep for shipping. We can not wait for you to see the final piece!
OddCity wrote:Hi everyone!

I hope you are all enjoying the holidays.

I wanted to give you an update on the shipment of Godfather prints.
The prints have been in Austin a few days. Due to the holidays the
shipment is taking a bit longer in customs. We are hoping to have them in hand tomorrow.

I will keep you updated!
ImageImage #trollcru
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
tenaciousjack
Art Expert

Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:23 am

3/3/15 - OCE previews Godfather 2
3/6/15 - OCE puts Godfather 2 on sale, collects over $60K for regs, variants, and woods
3/8/15 - OCE sends out e-mails that claim your order has been shipped (this is so he can collect on the money paid)
5/19/15 - Printing is finished, Roman says "Shipping soon"
6/29/15 - After a month of claiming issues with customs, Roman proclaims "they have FINALLY arrived"
7/19/15 - Sarah quits OCE, eventually tells EB a few days later
7/20/15 - Roman says Godfather 2 is shipping
7/21/15 - Roman says subs and regulars are shipping first, but your position is contingent on "where you fall in the pile"
7/25/15 - Jack Durieux posts on Facebook "Has anybody received their GF2 yet?"
7/25/15 - Roman begs anyone to post a picture of the tube they received. Target date is now "by the end of the week"
7/31/15 - Bottleneck offers to help OCE with shipping, Roman declines.
8/2/15 - Roman claims a bunch of tubes he shipped have gone missing from the USPS facility, and will get to the bottom of it.
8/3/15 - OCE thread hits 400 pages, lots of dancing GIFs.
8/3/15 - Customers that filed disputes with their banks start receiving their prints in the mail. Everyone else, nope.
8/4/15 - Roman offers jrsheppa a refund if he returns the print because Coppola, DeNiro, Andy Garcia, and wine bottles.
8/9/15 - Oddcity returns to EB and writes a bunch of unreadable nonsense and blames a "former employee" for everything.
8/9/15 - Oddcity claims to never getting an e-mail from Kramerica, showing a lack of understanding of real names vs. EB screen names.
8/9/15 - Oddcity tries to make nice, using upbeat emoji, and bolding the word "finally". It doesn't work… at… all.
8/11/15 - Oddcity posts pics of underwhelming Usual Suspects / True Romance prints sold A YEAR AGO. Deletes Facebooks messages.
8/12/15 - Oddcity writes an epic post on EB. I... can't... even.
8/12/15 - OddCity says drymount you, it is your fault they haven't shipped Godfather yet. Give them an extra 7 days, please.
8/18/15 - OddCity asks customers to remain patient for another 3 days. It's been 29+ days since Roman proclaimed "now shipping".
8/18/15 - OddCity is switching to shopify, which means more crappy prints and excuses are on the way.
bomb
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:40 am

got mine 2 weeks ago. never said a word. great print.
Buckhammer
Art Expert

Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:55 am

mandatory.

RobJones wrote:Billy, how Everest was I last night?
DickButt
Art Expert

Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:00 am

OddCity wrote:All prints are shipping this week. Please be patient till Friday. The less emails we have to answer the more prints that will go out. We have shipped everything the day after the label was printed. There is no reason to pay for postage if you are not shipping otherwise. USPS dropped the ball on a few of them, but they seem to be getting into proper hands now.

I have no control over USPS, so I cannot say why a package would be delivered without delivering tracking info. It has happened with several prints though.

Also, we are switching to shopify to avoid the ambiguity of a shipping confirmation going out without the item actually shipping, hence the store.
You're a drymounting joke, dude.
tenaciousjack
Art Expert

Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:25 am

The documentary should be called:

OddCity - The Fall of Roman's Empire
mike123230
Art Expert

Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:31 am

tenaciousjack wrote:The documentary should be called:

I think it would be best told through interpretive dance.

Gbanek
Art Enthusiast

Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:50 am

This is not ridiculousness. This is just trying to balance shipping by also answering 200 emails a day which at an average of 3 minutes an email takes about 10 hours to reply. A big chunk of everyday.

We are hoping to have everything out in 4 days.
The guy is OCD when it comes to answering emails, but not when it comes to our prints. Go figure :hanging:
bomb
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:03 pm

Gbanek wrote:
This is not ridiculousness. This is just trying to balance shipping by also answering 200 emails a day which at an average of 3 minutes an email takes about 10 hours to reply. A big chunk of everyday.

We are hoping to have everything out in 4 days.
The guy is OCD when it comes to answering emails, but not when it comes to our prints. Go figure :hanging:
Yeah. Just don't answer the dumb emails.
showbeagle
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:03 pm

i paid for my print in full, please send it.
Buckhammer
Art Expert

Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:13 pm

showbeagle wrote:i paid for my print in full, please send it.

That doesn't comply with the Odd City Business Model.
RobJones wrote:Billy, how Everest was I last night?
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:18 pm

Really hope he allows lay away plans for the next release :drool:
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
MJGallicchio
Art Expert

Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:19 pm

mike123230 wrote:
tenaciousjack wrote:The documentary should be called:

I think it would be best told through interpretive dance.
thinkingman08
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:19 pm

I've been following some of the recent nonsense with Godfather II, but what is the deal with The Usual Suspects and True Romance prints? The Usual Suspects says it was released on 11/20/13 and True Romance on 2/7/14, but those are just now shipping?
danjohnjohnson
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:46 pm

showbeagle wrote:i paid for my print in full, please send it.
Someone move this man to the front of the line! Stat!