Odd City Entertainment

General art-related discussion.
RomanMorales
Art Expert

Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:25 pm

BadassArt wrote:So not paying printers?? Are the artists getting fully payed?? Did all the artists know they were all doing Pacific Rim prints for a series or did they each think they were doing the only one?
The printer was payed half for zero deliverable prints. So, yes, we payed half for not one useable print. This is true.
"Listen, the next revolution is gonna be a revolution of ideas." - Bill Hicks Image
GatorsCanes
Art Expert

Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:27 pm

RomanMorales wrote:
BadassArt wrote:So not paying printers?? Are the artists getting fully payed?? Did all the artists know they were all doing Pacific Rim prints for a series or did they each think they were doing the only one?
The printer was payed half for zero deliverable prints. So, yes, we payed half for not one useable print. This is true.
So it's true that you didn't pay another printer for a separate job? How many houses have you sold? How many leg surgeries did you need?
NEVER PAY VIA PAYPAL GIFT. NEVER PAY FRIENDS/FAMILY. PAY THE FEES YOURSELF, THE 3% IS WORTH IT TO NOT BE SCAMMED
cmatthews11
Art Expert

Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:27 pm

RomanMorales wrote:
Huh?
Codeblue wrote:Doyle'd?
I paid full price.
hellosir
Art Freak

Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:28 pm

Sounds like a Ponzi scheme
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:30 pm

cmatthews11 wrote:
I paid full price.
Oof. Never pay in full until the fudge is done.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
BadassArt
Art Connoisseur

Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:31 pm

Yea meant the other printer mentioned and you chose to answer only 1 of the 3 questions....
RomanMorales
Art Expert

Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:32 pm

iambillyg wrote:
RomanMorales wrote:I have gone to great lengths not to publish the printer's name, but it is what it is.
I don't think it was a secret.
RomanMorales wrote:Jan 23, 2014 Quick update!.... USUAL SUSPECTS finally started printing today via Seizure Palace. Most of you in the CONUS should start receiving them next week.
I was talking about after we decided not to send out these prints. We always announce the printer with our release. When problems arose, we never mentioned them and certainly never called them out as you just did.
"Listen, the next revolution is gonna be a revolution of ideas." - Bill Hicks Image
cmatthews11
Art Expert

Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:33 pm

Codeblue wrote:
cmatthews11 wrote:
I paid full price.
Oof. Never pay in full until the fudge is done.
Agreed. Dolye'd.
hellosir
Art Freak

Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:35 pm

RomanMorales wrote:
iambillyg wrote:
RomanMorales wrote:I have gone to great lengths not to publish the printer's name, but it is what it is.
I don't think it was a secret.
RomanMorales wrote:Jan 23, 2014 Quick update!.... USUAL SUSPECTS finally started printing today via Seizure Palace. Most of you in the CONUS should start receiving them next week.
I was talking about after we decided not to send out these prints. We always announce the printer with our release. When problems arose, we never mentioned them and certainly never called them out as you just did.
Sounds like your shitty file was the problem to begin with, you forced them to try, then stiffed them
RomanMorales
Art Expert

Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:37 pm

BadassArt wrote:Yea meant the other printer mentioned and you chose to answer only 1 of the 3 questions....
The other printer is getting paid when the prints are ready for pickup. They are in town, so we just drive down, hand them a check and pick them up. And yes, we pay all of our artists. Have we been taken longer to pay a couple of our artists, yes. But we pay our artists on approval of the concept art now. This way we do not end up in this position.
dweebofthedead
Art Expert

Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:39 pm

Cragars
Art Expert

Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:41 pm

:rolling:
RomanMorales
Art Expert

Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:41 pm

hellosir wrote: Sounds like your shitty file was the problem to begin with, you forced them to try, then stiffed them
No. They told us there was a problem with the file from the beginning. So our artist worked on it. We sent it back. We worked on the file till the printer told us it was an acceptable file to print. Then we sent the file. It is common for a printer to sometimes ask for changes in the file. They are professionals. We leave it to them to let us know when a file is acceptable to print. The artist supplies the blueprint. The printer lets us know when/if the file is acceptable to print. We gave them a file they said they could print.
partpat
Art Freak

Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:42 pm

Cragars wrote::rolling:

Yes - epic lulz in here
zefarrett
Art Freak

Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:43 pm

Looked in this thread for the first time in months… Nope.
me owwww
Instagram: zefarrett
Untappd: zefarrett (just pm me who you are)