Odd City Entertainment

General art-related discussion.
Ctg9095
Art Expert

Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:31 pm

skullyland wrote:
spartacus wrote:Why would you not release a variant print when all print sales are selling out!...really surprised!

Ok now for the new print release info!!
It really doesn't make sense.. of all the PR prints, this is the one that could have used a variant the most, maybe even a GID
RomanMorales wrote:You know, it's all really up to the artist. If the artist feels they nailed it, then they nailed it. I like a cool variant when it is interesting, I just don't want to get into the habit of doing variants for variants sake. It feels like a cash grab to take a little more money. We really like what Graham did here, so we just went with it. Plus, it makes up for the times when we do double variants. :pint:
spartacus
Art Enthusiast

Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:47 pm

Ctg9095 wrote:
skullyland wrote:
spartacus wrote:Why would you not release a variant print when all print sales are selling out!...really surprised!

It really doesn't make sense.. of all the PR prints, this is the one that could have used a variant the most, maybe even a GID
RomanMorales wrote:You know, it's all really up to the artist. If the artist feels they nailed it, then they nailed it. I like a cool variant when it is interesting, I just don't want to get into the habit of doing variants for variants sake. It feels like a cash grab to take a little more money. We really like what Graham did here, so we just went with it. Plus, it makes up for the times when we do double variants. :pint:

Roman it is not a cash grab on your part, I think people here know you by now to know you you will not do the wrong thing!
I still think you should do a variant for this design and for the people buying all the prints it will match the others!
skullyland
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:50 pm

Ctg9095 wrote:
skullyland wrote:

Not trying to start a riot here, but here's my take.. If variants are not cash grabs, why charge $275 for a metal print that cost less than $100 (that's generous) to produce or $20 more for an alternative colorway? Of course they're cash grabs, but they're also hot items for the more advanced collector. The higher price turns off the amateur collectors, leaving the lane clear for people willing to pay more. Some prints definitely cannot accommodate a variant, but others (like graham's PR print) absolutely can and should. If not a variant, make an alternative colorway and charge the same price.
ISO: Rhys Cooper Critters
RomanMorales
Art Expert

Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:53 pm

spartacus wrote:
Ctg9095 wrote:
skullyland wrote:

Roman it is not a cash grab on your part, I think people here know you by now to know you you will not do the wrong thing!
I still think you should do a variant for this design and for the people buying all the prints it will match the others!
I'll talk to the artist. If he is down, I am. It'll be a super low run though.
"Listen, the next revolution is gonna be a revolution of ideas." - Bill Hicks Image
dylansdad
Art Expert

Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:54 pm

I like the idea of a GID variant of the Irwin. Would have liked to have seen that.
ahrkitekt
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:58 pm

dylansdad wrote:I like the idea of a GID variant of the Irwin. Would have liked to have seen that.
I really like Erwin's piece. It would be cool to see a GID variant.
ISO Horkey Nesting
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:07 pm

Roman you realize if you make the variant happen, you will most definitely be burned at the stake if you can't swing the Swayze show. Or at the very least a handbill of him giving the throat rip. :x
skullyland
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:23 pm

63schoeffling wrote:Roman you realize if you make the variant happen, you will most definitely be burned at the stake if you can't swing the Swayze show. Or at the very least a handbill of him giving the throat rip. :x
Wait what.. swayze show?
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:26 pm

skullyland wrote:
63schoeffling wrote:Roman you realize if you make the variant happen, you will most definitely be burned at the stake if you can't swing the Swayze show. Or at the very least a handbill of him giving the throat rip. :x
Wait what.. swayze show?
Long story.... Most people probably missed it because it was buried in the flurry of about 25 pages in 24 hours. Basically we started talking about how Roadhouse needs a print and it evolved, scratch that, devolved... Into me asking for at least the handbill of that image. Also how there should be a Swayze show, I would fly to Austin for that.

There was a ton of support so I'm just not letting this die without a fight. Sorry to get your hopes up.
skullyland
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:55 pm

63schoeffling wrote:
skullyland wrote:
Wait what.. swayze show?
Long story.... Most people probably missed it because it was buried in the flurry of about 25 pages in 24 hours. Basically we started talking about how Roadhouse needs a print and it evolved, scratch that, devolved... Into me asking for at least the handbill of that image. Also how there should be a Swayze show, I would fly to Austin for that.

There was a ton of support so I'm just not letting this die without a fight. Sorry to get your hopes up.
+1 me for anything swayze haha.. Roadhouse is friggin epic
PLUSH
Art Expert

Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:02 pm

because he nailed it. No need when you 'nail it". :)
skullyland
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:19 pm

PLUSH wrote:

I'm giving away my stout star wars variant set because i feel like stout nailed the regular. I have some other variants that had their regulars nailed too if anyone wants them.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:20 pm

skullyland wrote:
PLUSH wrote:

I'm giving away my stout star wars variant set because i feel like stout nailed the regular. I have some other variants that had their regulars nailed too if anyone wants them.
Well he didn't nail the regulars. Empire is atrocious looking.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
spartacus
Art Enthusiast

Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:46 pm

Roman, if you do the variant print, will all the Subs be garenteed to get one?.....
vtswordfish
Art Expert

Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:26 pm

dylansdad wrote:I like the idea of a GID variant of the Irwin. Would have liked to have seen that.